Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammy Jo could have possibly been class of 82 because her birthday(November) comes so late in the year.

In Ohio, the cutoff date for starting kindergarten is your 5th birthday by September 30th of that year. Otherwise you have to pass a test and an evaluation to see if you're mature enough. I don't know if its the same in FL.

Back then it was not the same. I started school at 4 because I was turning 5 in November. The cut off was December. So I think that it may or may not be true. Now they start when they are 5 or older. Not before usually but back then it was not as strict.

Back then it was not the same. I started school at 4 because I was turning 5 in November. The cut off was December. So I think that it may or may not be true. Now they start when they are 5 or older. Not before usually but back then it was not as strict.

I think it depends on the state or maybe the school district???. My friend (born in 1964) had to take the test.

She was in the 79 yearbook as a sophomore, so she was in the Class of 81.

Tammy Jo could have possibly been class of 82 because her birthday(November) comes so late in the year.

In Ohio, the cutoff date for starting kindergarten is your 5th birthday by September 30th of that year. Otherwise you have to pass a test and an evaluation to see if you're mature enough. I don't know if its the same in FL.

I missed it by 4 days. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSA, is it you Maj Burgess referred to when speaking about the lady that he emails with that brought Tammy to his attention? (I am only at page 72, so this may be answered on the 7 pages I havent read yet.)

Yes, that was SSA to whom Burgess referred in the press conference.

He actually misspoke in the news conference in saying that SSA sent the initial e-mail. I sent the e-mail to Burgess. I had only spoken with him once or twice prior to that, and since SSA had numerous previous contacts with Burgess, and had a good rapport with him, I asked her to do all of the follow-up.

Yes, that was SSA to whom Burgess referred in the press conference.

He actually misspoke in the news conference in saying that SSA sent the initial e-mail. I sent the e-mail to Burgess. I had only spoken with him once or twice prior to that, and since SSA had numerous previous contacts with Burgess, and had a good rapport with him, I asked her to do all of the follow-up.

Very cool! Kinda feel like a rockstar just responded to me! Seriously, I really am THAT impressed with the work you, SSA, and Roselvr have done.

This may be a really dumb question, but have the 3 of you worked together on SSA's sister's case? SSA, you absolutely are due some good karma returned to you for your help with Tammy Jo's case and I hope it comes in the form of finding your beloved sister. I am headed to her forum now.

I am so very impressed by the 3 of you. I wish I had the eye for detail like you do. I tend to look more at the missing cases than the unidentified because I try to see logical progression for where a person may have gone. Working backwards is harder for me. Not sure I am explaining that well, but I guess what I mean is when the person is already found, you have to try to think how did this happen and I guess in many cases, you have to think from a killers standpoint and I just have trouble doing that. See my signature, I ramble...

Anyway, great work you guys!!!

This may be a really dumb question, but have the 3 of you worked together on SSA's sister's case?

SSA, Roselvr, and I (in addition to several others) collaborate on many things that would not be permissible on this forum, such as researching names of people who are not officially named missing persons, and people who haven't been named in connection with a case.

Our collaborative efforts don't involve SSA's sister's case. That is not the focus of our group. Most of our collaboration involved Cali, and a few other UID cases. We have also collaborated on looking for missing persons who aren't listed on the public databases.

She was in the 79 yearbook as a sophomore, so she was in the Class of 81.

I was also in the Class of 81, although I was 11 months older than Tammy. I have a December birthday, and consequently was one of the oldest kids in my grade.

A few of us got together to write a list of questions; Nameless Helper offered to be the one to speak to LE.

VERIFIED INFORMATION
Per Nameless Helper phone call 10/1 to LE

1. Blood type is A-
2. Shot first in the head then dragged face down into the field. No effort to hide her. Jacket was red. Road was busier then as the interstate was not built yet.

I got rid of a lot from the original Oct '13 post.

Something has bothered me since the first time I read the above ('Verified Information'). Maybe it doesn't matter at this point. Can anyone comment on what was meant by "...the interstate was not built yet."? Is that meant to reference I90 (aka New York State Thruway)? If so, that statement as it is stated is incorrect. That highway was there in the late 50's... and the entire system was complete by the early-to-mid 70's, I believe. I'm not certain that anything else (that would be referenced as an "interstate") was yet-to-come... in particular, anything that would be an alternate for Rt20/Rt5. Appreciate any clarification.

Ok, I am having trouble with the "dragged face down, shot again and left way" timeline. She doesn't have the markings, peri-mortum bruising to say nothing of the post-mort lividity that one gets with those who have lain face down for any amount of time following death. Her face should have been some shade of purple from the blood settling as she lay in death!

I got rid of a lot from the original Oct '13 post.

Something has bothered me since the first time I read the above ('Verified Information'). Maybe it doesn't matter at this point. Can anyone comment on what was meant by "...the interstate was not built yet."? Is that meant to reference I90 (aka New York State Thruway)? If so, that statement as it is stated is incorrect. That highway was there in the late 50's... and the entire system was complete by the early-to-mid 70's, I believe. I'm not certain that anything else (that would be referenced as an "interstate") was yet-to-come... in particular, anything that would be an alternate for Rt20/Rt5. Appreciate any clarification.

In the interest of accuracy (actually, correcting my error), I390 in that area was probably not fully complete in Nov 1979. My apologies for my mistake. I don't hear it referenced as "the interstate", but it certainly could be, I suppose.

Ok, I am having trouble with the "dragged face down, shot again and left way" timeline. She doesn't have the markings, peri-mortum bruising to say nothing of the post-mort lividity that one gets with those who have lain face down for any amount of time following death. Her face should have been some shade of purple from the blood settling as she lay in death!

I have to disagree with your comment about the assumption that her face would have been more of a purple color if she had laid face down. My husband died of a heart attack at home, and he was sleeping face down. We were not allowed to move him until the coroner arrived and that ended up being a 5 hour wait. He did have blood pooling evident in his stomach, his feet and his hands. His face however showed no signs of it. Also, once they rolled him over and he had laid on his back for awhile until the coroner gave the okay, no foul play here, and allowed him to be removed from our home, and in just those short couple of hours, the area's that had been almost a purple color had lightened up considerably.

I was also in the Class of 81, although I was 11 months older than Tammy. I have a December birthday, and consequently was one of the oldest kids in my grade.

My sister was born in November 1961 and was class of 79 in Florida. So...if Tammy were born November 1963, she should have been in class of 81. Plus, as mentioned, she was a Sophomore in 79 yearbook.

I have to disagree with your comment about the assumption that her face would have been more of a purple color if she had laid face down. My husband died of a heart attack at home, and he was sleeping face down. We were not allowed to move him until the coroner arrived and that ended up being a 5 hour wait. He did have blood pooling evident in his stomach, his feet and his hands. His face however showed no signs of it. Also, once they rolled him over and he had laid on his back for awhile until the coroner gave the okay, no foul play here, and allowed him to be removed from our home, and in just those short couple of hours, the area's that had been almost a purple color had lightened up considerably.
I am very sorry to hear about your husband.

SSA, Roselvr, and I (in addition to several others) collaborate on many things that would not be permissible on this forum, such as researching names of people who are not officially named missing persons, and people who haven't been named in connection with a case.

Our collaborative efforts don't involve SSA's sister's case. That is not the focus of our group. Most of our collaboration involved Cali, and a few other UID cases. We have also collaborated on looking for missing persons who aren't listed on the public databases.

She has a group for Deb too lol
We really have not done much cause we've been busy with other cases

I know Mt Vernon NY JD was strangled & has the purple face.
Cali was shot in the temple 1st; I assume blood loss there; then he shot her in her back/ breast bone area; so I would assume more blood loss through that wound as well as the head wound

*Post 1983; the year I graduated lol

1-800-CALLFBI (1-800-225-5324)
Please, we need this shared. For so many years, we searched and searched to find her name. We didn't give up then, and we can't give up now!! Somebody out there has the answer we need. Somebody saw her someplace along that journey to NY. Or perhaps they saw her after she arrived there.
It may just be a little thing, and it may not seem important, but the smallest details are often the ones that are needed to link everything together. By working together, we got half the job done. Tammy has her name back, now lets get the person who murdered this beautiful child and threw her away as if she did not matter.
We can do this!! So please, share and ask your friends to share. Let this man know that he is not going to get away with this. We are thousands strong, and somebody is going to whisper the things in our ears, that you're scared of us knowing.

10452307_1036639903016713_7911273929984851954_n.jpg23241813-cute-mink-holding-sign-help-me-please.jpg10986841_1036640146350022_6814000905763326818_n.jpg

She has a group for Deb too lol
We really have not done much cause we've been busy with other cases

I know Mt Vernon NY JD was strangled & has the purple face.
Cali was shot in the temple 1st; I assume blood loss there; then he shot her in her back/ breast bone area; so I would assume more blood loss through that wound as well as the head wound

*Post 1983; the year I graduated lol

Plus, there has really been no new information On Debs case for us to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn