Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but my question was more to do with whether that huge chef's knife would have been necessary to inflict the wounds TA received, or would the width of a smaller knife, ie. hunting, have been able to account for the size of the entry points? Was decomp too advanced so there's no way to verify or can they tell from the bone damage what kind of point and extrapolate that to the most likely kind/size of knife?

Pic of the kitchen knife block had one missing that could have done it. She said she "may have put a knife in the dishwasher" but that was in the fog.
That little cheapo .25 jammed after the first shot, next round stuck in the ramp. She had to go get a weapon downstairs. He was in front of the mirror hacking and spraying when she started backstabbing. He turned on her and got chest stabbed. She fled down hallway, he caught up at closet entrance area and went down. He "can't feel my legs". Then she got his neck when he was down. Poor guy, damn shame, beautiful guy too.

If you have a DP you have to give it to her.

IMO, Travis didn't sound that ok about her taking the ring. He sounded annoyed but backed off a bit when she gave a response that seemed to indicate she had an innocent reason for taking it. He referenced her taking it in his journal saying something along the lines of, located the ring, I guess Jodi had it for some reason... She probably did have some excuse for it, probably along the lines of what Iliketobendpages said, that she gave him after he asked her about it, when she could have just told him then but he caught her and she needed to tailor a story. The fact that she said, "I can't imagine how stressed and worried you must have been," tells me that's exactly what she wanted him to feel.

So he probably accepted her excuse even if it was weird, but in the end was something he added to the list of actions she took that proved she didn't respect his boundaries. It built up over time. It was just another thing that bothered him but he let go. He may have even kicked himself for "jumping to conclusions" thinking she stole it.

I wonder if he ever got the ring back.

The way I took it was that even though he was no doubt mad that she took it, at least he knew where it was and (presumably) he could get it back as opposed to maybe having misplaced it or her say she threw it in a lake or put it down a garbage disposal.

Ugh....I've heard enough from her. I'm sorry. MOO
ace6eb5a7a1fe87443462e0fb318e2b6.jpg

I don't understand why people are upset over this. Isn't the key point in it true?

None of KN's so-called experts has claimed she has BPD, only DeMarte. And she is the only one who has made a lick of sense. I would say as a juror that none of the other mitigators are true, so BPD is the only one to weigh against the cruelty/depravity of the killing.

In closing we are going to hear the DT say something like: "You heard the testimony of Dr G, an expert in his field, that confirmed the earlier testimony of other experts that JA suffered from PTSD.... You also heard the state's own witness, Dr DeMarte, testifying that Ms A suffered from BPD since childhood...."

So while for the moment he says that totdoc doesn't know what she's talking about, her BPD diagnosis is JA's only chance IMHO.

ETA: It's silly to say that it's not contentious of course, but the part about establishing a mitigator is accurate. She doesn't say it's a mitigator that is sufficient to spare JA's life, just that it establishes one for them to consider.

I don't understand why people are upset over this. Isn't the key point in it true?

None of KN's so-called experts has claimed she has BPD, only DeMarte. And she is the only one who has made a lick of sense. I would say as a juror that none of the other mitigators are true, so BPD is the only one to weigh against the cruelty/depravity of the killing.

In closing we are going to hear the DT say something like: "You heard the testimony of Dr G, an expert in his field, that confirmed the earlier testimony of other experts that JA suffered from PTSD.... You also heard the state's own witness, Dr DeMarte, testifying that Ms A suffered from BPD since childhood...."

So while for the moment he says that totdoc doesn't know what she's talking about, her BPD diagnosis is JA's only chance IMHO.

ETA: It's silly to say that it's not contentious of course, but the part about establishing a mitigator is accurate. She doesn't say it's a mitigator that is sufficient to spare JA's life, just that it establishes one for them to consider.

I agree. I don't know why people are angry at BK over the situation. She is just describing the situation as she sees it. I appreciate that.

Dr D is a truth teller. She stuck by the truth, even when Nurmi tried to hijack it for the defense. I think BPD will be a possible mitigator, but will be weighed against other factors in the end.

Pic of the kitchen knife block had one missing that could have done it. She said she "may have put a knife in the dishwasher" but that was in the fog.
That little cheapo .25 jammed after the first shot, next round stuck in the ramp. She had to go get a weapon downstairs. He was in front of the mirror hacking and spraying when she started backstabbing. He turned on her and got chest stabbed. She fled down hallway, he caught up at closet entrance area and went down. He "can't feel my legs". Then she got his neck when he was down. Poor guy, damn shame, beautiful guy too.

If you have a DP you have to give it to her.

BBM - I just don't see where she had time to get a knife from anywhere ... taking into account the time stamps on the pics and the damage she inflicted between the shower pics and when she was captured dragging him.

Yes but my question was more to do with whether that huge chef's knife would have been necessary to inflict the wounds TA received, or would the width of a smaller knife, ie. hunting, have been able to account for the size of the entry points? Was decomp too advanced so there's no way to verify or can they tell from the bone damage what kind of point and extrapolate that to the most likely kind/size of knife?

Holy Moly, she (Jodi) was all ready found GUILTY. WTHeck?

What huge "chef's knife"? Again WTHeck? We have no clue what knife she used by facts in evidence in the first trail for which Jodi A was found GUITLY.

Are we retrying the case again, after the fact? What does any of this have to do with "mitigation"? You know .. like what we are on NOW ... I mean come on. Let's stick with with on topic for now and for this phase.

It is not easy to find, it's not a post heading, it's in the comments below a post. I had to really read a lot of them! Let me see if I can find a post heading for you, I am not sure about how to link....

Hope this is allowed, I have censored certain words...:

"https://disqus.com/by/kc_sahoe/

KC Sahoe @James Dean a year ago

No proof other then a compulsive pathological lying s**** word. Look at previous pictures of her wearing braids for her other "lay" yet the s*** claimed Travis had to braid her hair, lies. She was a s*** from an early age. I BELIEVE THE B*** S*** WAS THE ACTUAL PEDO, that's why she liked her braids, sounding like a little girl... Just wait it will come out what happened at the Purple Plum and you can hide your BS face in shame too.
"

And that's why I don't follow BK. Her HLN 'tude tends to shine through at times. Some stuff is interesting, but others are just way way out there compared to other her other comments. jmo

BK is under the same impression that BPD is a mitigator. It's NOT, unless the jury decides it is. I'll bet my husband's shoes that they won't agree with BK. BK needs to get out more ...

As far as I know, Beth hasn't practiced law since 1994 or so. She became an "personality" with Court TV and quit practicing law, etc.

Holy Moly, she (Jodi) was all ready found GUILTY. WTHeck?

What huge "chef's knife"? Again WTHeck? We have no clue what knife she used by facts in evidence in the first trail for which Jodi A was found GUITLY.

Are we retrying the case again, after the fact? What does any of this have to do with "mitigation"? You know .. like what we are on NOW ... I mean come on. Let's stick with with on topic for now and for this phase.

I started by responding to a post about how the 13th Juror said jurors like evidence they can see/touch and I commented that I would have liked to have seen examples of the weapons that were believed to have been used, although I'm fairly good at comprehending the written word, I'm much better with visuals than oral. Anyway, it is the weekend and even though I don't see how this is any worse than having to talk about how the DT is retrying the case.... sorry if I've offended anyone. :/

My vote would be for getting the ring resized...and TA has to marry the woman it fits. A Cinderella story!

I was going to suggest she'd noticed one of the claws was broken or one of the stones were loose(no idea if it was a solitaire) ... and was going to take it in to be repaired.

I started by responding to a post about how the 13th Juror said jurors like evidence they can see/touch and I commented that I would have liked to have seen examples of the weapons that were believed to have been used, although I'm fairly good at comprehending the written word, I'm much better with visuals than oral. Anyway, it is the weekend and even though I don't see how this is any worse than having to talk about how the DT is retrying the case.... sorry if I've offended anyone. :/

You didn't offend me. I have had the same questions about the knife. I see no reason not to discuss it. It is an odd situation.

You didn't offend me. I have had the same questions about the knife. I see no reason not to discuss it. It is an odd situation.

Thanks, I just think a visual so the jury could "see" JA with that gun and knife in hand and how much effort, rage and time it would have taken for her to accomplish what she'd done to TA, would basically prove that she had to have not only both weapons with her but that there's very little chance that the headshot came first. Even though the head shot first surely would illustrate that it could not have been self defence, simply because there was no time for her to have ran and got a gun, shot him, then ran and got a knife and only then inflicted all those wounds while chasing him down to have been dragging him back to the bathroom in time for those last two pictures, imo.

N
Thank you Val! I have been Google diving, it is not easy to find "complete" information.......but the "purple plum incident" is far more damaging, if true, than anything we could have imagined. Can only find a few words here and there. There have been some pointing to a certain points one of the trials when the purple plum has been brought up which suggests Mother Arias, MDLR, and CMJA mouthing OMG, and Wilmott jumping up objecting......

And supporters are around out there denying it ever happened, but blowing the cover by sort of mentioning what happened. The few words that repeat themselves seem to be.......10 year old..........bathroom........and fellatio. In some, the 10 year old is named..........by FIRST name. And others describing her behavior with that person as "inappropriate".

About the ring...was it ever recovered from Travis' house? Or hers?

I haven't heard anything about the ring as yet and a ten year old? Would that have been DB's son?!

Tragically, I always picture him taken by complete surprise, suffering the fatal chest wound early on in her stabbing frenzy.

TA would have been begging for her to call for help throughout her attack, just as the especially cruel murderess wrote in her torture letter to his family.

Considering that she ordered him to sit down (IMHO) I don't think that he was confused as to who attacked him. He must have been in shock but if did say anything to her it might have been something along the lines of 'please stop, go get help'. She wants to make it appear as though Travis relied on her even during the last moments of his life. No, he knew she was trying to stab him to death. He must have begged and pleaded for his life. A more morbid and cruel scene I could not imagine.

You couldn't ever, ever offend me. I'm not sensitive in the least.

I just don't want to go "backwards" to the guilt phase. Been there, done that. Not worse .. it's the same, IMO. Going in circles.

The .25 weapon (gun) was never found. Example of how tiny that gun is was provided by another poster. The KNIFE ... no clue and it didn't matter anyway for the GUILT phase. Moving on.......

Iirc, in her apology for taking TA's ring, JA indicated she knew his finding it gone had caused him distress, i.e. it was important to him. As far back as Bobby, I bet JA took items from boyfriends that were sure to be missed eventually but not immediately, forcing the owner to contact her again. She took the stolen dvd player to Darryl on her way to Mesa, but didn't she neglect to give him the remote control? That's the type of ploy JA utilized to prevent "escapees" from severing all ties with her forever.

Ok, something has been bugging me.

WTH did JA have TAs engagement ring for, and he seemed ok about it?

I wish we had a date for this! Perhaps she was already gone and he considered it a small price to pay to be rid of her.

If he doesn't have an engagement ring then he can't get married! If he misses it...well she found it and took it to get it cleaned to surprise him

Sorry, it's the ring that she stole from Travis....I was switching topics at the end there!

AFAIK, Darryls sons name was Jack, and the name was NOT Jack. But if you are looking, a bunch or people were asking who is _________? On the Juan Martinez Prosecuter Support page, February 3, it's in the comments under the post

Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page
February 3 at 5:47pm ·

There are 45 comments. The last one, is the most recent mention I can find.....but I have seen snippets elswhere about this on googling it.....before this was posted.

Ok thanks, I'll try and track that down later, I've just spent the last hour trying to find any trace of what I swear I remember of JA having said that she and MM had taken Jack for breakfast or lunch and then dropped him off for school just before she left Monterey on June 3. Anyway, it's after 5am.... :eek:fftobed:

Oh, do you mean Edgar? The guy that JA was making out with at the Purple Plum? I think he was one of the staff... don't really know for sure though but that "other" site was claiming that the person who reported this "activity" was just jealous.

Here are the tweets for that day that I collected:

Michael Kiefer retweeted
Real Truth ‏@hardtruth4real 3m3 minutes ago
@michaelbkiefer "JA said she was a goddess, smelled like a goddess, looked like a goddess. She was all over the men"

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 54s55 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
She was very inappropriate with Edgar according to Nicole #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
Nicole- JA was all over the young men & couldn't stay focused. She was very inappropriate w/ men, she would sit and kiss Edgar. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago
Co-worker says #JodiArias was all over men and was heavily distracted by men. Jurors take notes.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 2m2 minutes ago
DeMarte reads another remark from Purple Plum friends about #jodiarias being all over the young men.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 3m3 minutes ago
Interview of co-worker: "#JodiArias said she was a goddess, smelled like a goddess, looked like a goddess." Nurmi objects. Approach.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
Nicole was a waitress at Purple Plum "JA said she was a goddess, smelled like a goddess, looked like a goddess. She was all over the men"

ETA: It's silly to say that it's not contentious of course, but the part about establishing a mitigator is accurate. She doesn't say it's a mitigator that is sufficient to spare JA's life, just that it establishes one for them to consider.[/QUOTE]

This is the reason for me that Nurmi looks and sounds so stupid, he on one hand insists that she is too young, was too inexperienced to even test JA and to inexperienced and young to diagnose JA. In the first trial both Nurmi and JW rejected BPD, now both want to embrace the diagnosis and yet still belittle, insult and make fun of the "tot-doc"! If I were on the jury this would be one of the reason's I would dismiss anything the DT said because that is acting the same way as JA - wanting to have your cake and eat it too, downright childish. KN and JW are not acting the way an attorney should act. I know their job is to try to get the lightest sentence for their client as they can, but that does not give them the right to special treatment which has been given, they do not have the right to dismiss the law, which they have been allowed to do, and under no circumstance should an attorney be allowed to disrespect any witness who does not show disrespect first! You all may disagree but this is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa