Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic of the kitchen knife block had one missing that could have done it. She said she "may have put a knife in the dishwasher" but that was in the fog.
That little cheapo .25 jammed after the first shot, next round stuck in the ramp. She had to go get a weapon downstairs. He was in front of the mirror hacking and spraying when she started backstabbing. He turned on her and got chest stabbed. She fled down hallway, he caught up at closet entrance area and went down. He "can't feel my legs". Then she got his neck when he was down. Poor guy, damn shame, beautiful guy too.

If you have a DP you have to give it to her.

BBM ~ This is the scenario that rolls around in my head.

Considering that she ordered him to sit down (IMHO) I don't think that he was confused as to who attacked him. He must have been in shock but if did say anything to her it might have been something along the lines of 'please stop, go get help'. She wants to make it appear as though Travis relied on her even during the last moments of his life. No, he knew she was trying to stab him to death. He must have begged and pleaded for his life. A more morbid and cruel scene I could not imagine.

We disagree.

Without the element of total, 100% surprise, she doesn't succeed. He's too strong.

The chest wound came early on and Hat is right about TA at the vanity.

The shock was immediate. He was processing only survival as he rapidly bled out, not knowing who was doing what.

What little he had time to believe in those moments, he absolutely was not believing. It was unbelievably horrific.

He reflexively verbalized pleas for help. That's one of the only truths JA ever said or wrote.

Instead of relenting, she continued taunting, torturing, and stabbing, finally slashing his throat and shooting him in the face.

BBM -- I concur.

No, Dr. Horn's autopsy report included measurements of the wounds' lengths and depths.

But without knowing the exact positioning of the bodies, weights, amount of force used, angles, etc. there is no way to derive with certainty precise length, width, blade thickness and metal composition, handle description, etc.

The knife in the picture was chosen primarily because at the required depth, it had a width similar to that of the wound which Dr. Horn described as piercing TA's superior vena cava.

JA could have used 29 knives. But I think she used one, and probably one with which she was comfortable/familiar. One like we might find in a kitchen or a bar.

A knife which might, after drawing back the head by the hair, nearly result in the decapitation of an adult human male with a single slash.

One which might result in overkill.

She seemed to have a fascination with knives and swords.

It made me wonder if her grandfather was a veteran and he may have had a K-Bar and she took it and he had forgotten all about the knife. A K-Bar would be the perfect knife (length, durability and width of the blade) to complete the almost decapitation of Travis. It also would easily go into thick tire tread when she was on her slashing tires binge.

IMO

You didn't offend me. I have had the same questions about the knife. I see no reason not to discuss it. It is an odd situation.

Me neither. These are things that puzzle me and others, possibly even the jury. Details are important, especially in a case where the ultimate decision is whether or not someone gets the DP.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if MDLR is trying to get herself removed from this case knowing that it would almost certainly give JA a valid reason for a mistrial. Am I the only one thinking this?

Nothing emanating from JA's Posse of Evil would surprise me anymore.

(Here's hoping they don't take that as a challenge.)

I believe the shot was first too- and exactly what you stated here is the most likely scenario.

ETA But maybe not the running to get the knife- timewise, as others have pointed out that doesn't make much sense. I bet it's not impossible though- I wonder... maybe 30 seconds roundtrip? Still, probably not enough time.

She must have left the bathroom for a bit because Travis was able to get from the shower to the sink. I don't see him getting that far if she were stabbing him repeatedly. He couldn't have fended her off--she had no bruises.

Me neither. These are things that puzzle me and others, possibly even the jury. Details are important, especially in a case where the ultimate decision is whether or not someone gets the DP.

I don't see any reason why it cant be discussed here but I don't think it will be discussed in the deliberation room.

I think the jurors will have the same opinion JSS has on this issue. It really doesn't matter which came first because either way it still meets the definition of cruelty.

IMO

She must have left the bathroom for a bit because Travis was able to get from the shower to the sink. I don't see him getting that far if she were stabbing him repeatedly. He couldn't have fended her off--she had no bruises.

I don't ever think she left. The time frame is very short and we know he received stab wounds when he was at the sink. So I think this was one continuous attack from beginning to end. If she left at anytime she was taking the chance that Travis could make it outside of his home. A chance she was never going to take. She was in a stabbing frenzy until she finally almost decapitated him.

IMO

Someone mentioned the past post and others just wanted to see where it came from. No big deal. No harm intended.

I know. My main point was that folks posting in many online sites think that something big and juicy is in the part of the interview that wasn't submitted into evidence. That's what started the hunt elsewhere for rumors spread long ago.

But yah, I also think that pedophilia is one of the worst crimes imaginable, and that nobody should be accused of it without actual evidence. JA is a lot of things, but I seriously doubt she's a pedophile. Not her MO. She uses sex to get what she wants/needs from men.

He managed to make it all the way down the hall while being chased and stabbed by the demon. Flight is a primal response

www.thebodysoulconnection.com/EducationCenter/fight.html
This fundamental physiologic response forms the foundation of modern day stress medicine. The "fight or flight response" is our body's primitive, automatic, inborn response that prepares the body to "fight" or "flee" from perceived attack, harm or threat to our survival.

All bruises, scratches and cuts would have been healed by the time of her arrest. Remember she did wear long sleeves on a very hot day when she was in Utah with Ryan and other PPL members.

I wish we had a date for this! Perhaps she was already gone and he considered it a small price to pay to be rid of her.

I believe she took it with her when she moved back to Yreka. It could of been a caveat for her too see him again.

But, still, if it was in a drawer, she surely could not have taken it by mistake.

BBM - I just don't see where she had time to get a knife from anywhere ... taking into account the time stamps on the pics and the damage she inflicted between the shower pics and when she was captured dragging him.

You're right.

She brought the knife with her.

It was the initial implement of her torture slaughter. She wanted to be in close, to really intimate her hatred.

Too bad for her, TA just wouldn't stay in that shower so she could slice him up nice and neat and wash all the evidence down the drain, just as she had been visualizing and planning for weeks.

BK is under the same impression that BPD is a mitigator. It's NOT, unless the jury decides it is. I'll bet my husband's shoes that they won't agree with BK. BK needs to get out more ...

As far as I know, Beth hasn't practiced law since 1994 or so. She became an "personality" with Court TV and quit practicing law, etc.

Here's hoping your DH isn't going barefoot in August when the jury finally gets to deliberate.

Actually, BK doesn't say it is a mitigator. The DEFENSE says it is a mitigator and BK is saying DM testimony backs that up. There is a difference.

Correct. BK said that the BPD mitigator has been established. And, I have to agree, it has.

You didn't offend me. I have had the same questions about the knife. I see no reason not to discuss it. It is an odd situation.

The especially cruel nature of this crime is what eclipses anything I've seen JA's crew advance as mitigating evidence to date.

Given time and opportunity, this one will kill again.

I'd bet Ransom's husband's shoes on it.

We disagree.

Without the element of total, 100% surprise, she doesn't succeed. He's too strong.

The chest wound came early on and Hat is right about TA at the vanity.

The shock was immediate. He was processing only survival as he rapidly bled out, not knowing who was doing what.

What little he had time to believe in those moments, he absolutely was not believing. It was unbelievably horrific.

He reflexively verbalized pleas for help. That's one of the only truths JA ever said or wrote.

Instead of relenting, she continued taunting, torturing, and stabbing, finally slashing his throat and shooting him in the face.

BBM -- I concur.

Completely agree that he likely wasn't processing what was happening to him (thank God!)

I remember, in a radically less extreme situation, being in a serious car accident as a passenger. Late at night, pleasant conversation, well known road and route, then suddenly I was aware of being tilted sideways, then upside down, then wasn't sure, but it all happened in movie-like slow motion and I had no idea what was happening; my mind focused on what was odd (why am I going upside down?). I wasn't even remembering that I was in a car, much less figuring out we'd been hit by another car.

No matter T's inklings about her dark side there just is no way he thought her remotely capable of such violence. He told Taylor weeks before she killed him- she's crazy. But not dangerous. :(

ETA. I've never tried to imagine how he felt or what he saw as he was being murdered. Too upsetting. I hope its true and think it likely that he couldn't process what was happening.

For that reason I don't believe JA that he begged for help. She probably said it to hurt his family. She's saying, he begged me for mercy and I didn't show any.

I also think she ssid it because it truthfully expresses her satisfaction about the power and control over him she felt as she murdered him.

I believe the shot was first too- and exactly what you stated here is the most likely scenario.

ETA But maybe not the running to get the knife- timewise, as others have pointed out that doesn't make much sense. I bet it's not impossible though- I wonder... maybe 30 seconds roundtrip? Still, probably not enough time.

Impossible unless a male ninja in blue jeans was standing right outside the door and handed it to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy