TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you all! It has been forever since I have posted here. I recently visited family out of state, and each city I visited this year I decided to look at their missing persons. I came across this girls flyer from Champaign, Illinois...can't find anything on the web that states she has been found, but I also have not found her on any credible missing persons websites. A high five to anyone who can find something more!

image.jpg

NamUs has recently added Jasmin Manriquez to the rule out list. Also, I've been looking at this one girl whom was abducted by her mother and stepfather back in 2004. Her name is Mary Nunes and she suffered from a severe case of the vascular condition, Arteriovenous Malformations. IIRC, Smurfette had some type of a malformation to the skull. Mary's mother turned her self in a couple of months ago, but has refused to say where Mary is, which officials have somewhat said is suspicious. Mary does not have DNA in NamUs and I feel she could be very well worth looking into as a possible match for our girl.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10722

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nunes_mary.html

http://www.ktvn.com/story/28018769/runaway-mom-says-she-was-protecting-daughter-in-custody-case

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19534/0/

Update on what is going on with the foster child and her story: It was turned over to law enforcement but according to the caseworker, they really don't know what to do with it. We have a name. Tara. Whether it is truly the child's name or one that my foster child knew her by, I don't know. She does not want to talk about it. I did ask her one time if I could ask her questions about who Tara was (NOT what happened to her). She said yes. I asked. "Is she bigger than E (who is 7)" She said yes. "Is she as big as A (who is 14 and 5.6')" She said. "I think not as big." Was she white like E or brown like K and B (my adopted black sons)" She said more like K and B. I asked if she had straight hair or curly hair. She didn't seem sure of which one. She was sure she had brown eyes.
She has not talked anything about her story for awhile but it came up again this week. She started off this conversation saying this was a movie that gave her bad dreams but as she talked, it was as if she was there. It started with her talking of kidnapping. I asked how do you kidnap someone. She said you just grab them and stick them in you car. Then she said the girl was put in a bag and she suffocated (she used that word. Suffocated). When I asked what they did with her then she said they put her in the back of the car. I asked. "Like the back seat, or back in the back where you put things like suitcases?" She said not in the seat, in the back. Then they put groceries on top of her. She said. "You shouldn't do that should you 'cause then they can't breath?" I agreed that "No, you should never do that to someone." I asked if she was dead. She said she was dead, she said she was cold and she wasn't talking anymore. I asked what they did with her then. She just said she was in the car, that was all she would say. After I stopped the van she unbuckled and leaned between the seats and gave me a hug. "You wouldn't let anyone hurt me, would you?" She asked. I promised her I would not. Now I cannot get the picture of a child's body being placed in the trunk and covered over with groceries to hide it. :( Does anyone know if there was such a story line in a movie or crime show? I do not have TV so I wouldn't know. I tried to google it but didn't come up with anything.

Update on what is going on with the foster child and her story: It was turned over to law enforcement but according to the caseworker, they really don't know what to do with it. We have a name. Tara. Whether it is truly the child's name or one that my foster child knew her by, I don't know. She does not want to talk about it. I did ask her one time if I could ask her questions about who Tara was (NOT what happened to her). She said yes. I asked. "Is she bigger than E (who is 7)" She said yes. "Is she as big as A (who is 14 and 5.6')" She said. "I think not as big." Was she white like E or brown like K and B (my adopted black sons)" She said more like K and B. I asked if she had straight hair or curly hair. She didn't seem sure of which one. She was sure she had brown eyes.
She has not talked anything about her story for awhile but it came up again this week. She started off this conversation saying this was a movie that gave her bad dreams but as she talked, it was as if she was there. It started with her talking of kidnapping. I asked how do you kidnap someone. She said you just grab them and stick them in you car. Then she said the girl was put in a bag and she suffocated (she used that word. Suffocated). When I asked what they did with her then she said they put her in the back of the car. I asked. "Like the back seat, or back in the back where you put things like suitcases?" She said not in the seat, in the back. Then they put groceries on top of her. She said. "You shouldn't do that should you 'cause then they can't breath?" I agreed that "No, you should never do that to someone." I asked if she was dead. She said she was dead, she said she was cold and she wasn't talking anymore. I asked what they did with her then. She just said she was in the car, that was all she would say. After I stopped the van she unbuckled and leaned between the seats and gave me a hug. "You wouldn't let anyone hurt me, would you?" She asked. I promised her I would not. Now I cannot get the picture of a child's body being placed in the trunk and covered over with groceries to hide it. :( Does anyone know if there was such a story line in a movie or crime show? I do not have TV so I wouldn't know. I tried to google it but didn't come up with anything.

I wouldn't doubt there's a movie like that.

This flyer says she didn't go missing until this year, but I had to share because of the similarities

image.jpg

I wouldn't doubt there's a movie like that.

On that note wouldn't they have a record of where your child had been? I mean they should have at the very least the name of each foster and each city , then it would be a matter of accounting for all the children in each of those homes, even if she was a relative of the foster? I would definitely keep your eyes on this thread Hopeful77.

I've been speaking with a detective in North Texas regarding a missing persons case in his area, asked him to keep his eyes peeled for Smurfette. It's so nice coming across a detective that is DEDICATED.

11054351_10203548839191212_3692991476083616333_n.jpg

I found this on Facebook under that name, what do you think? (Jasmin Maniquez)

According to merry, a few post up, Jasmin was ruled out in namus.

Question....how are they so certain the nose is as narrow as it is in the sketches? Isn't that something difficult to determine?

Question....how are they so certain the nose is as narrow as it is in the sketches? Isn't that something difficult to determine?

I think it's probably that she had a smaller/more narrow nasal bridge than usual. That's something Dr. Derrick (who's handled a lot of skulls) and a forensic artist would be able to determine. Carl can probably give a better answer, since he does facial reconstructions.

The tip of the nose is really up to the artist though. It's all cartilage/flesh so it's impossible to really know exactly what the tip looked like if all you have to work with is the person's skull.

Yes, you've got it right. The part of the nose that is bone will tell you whether the nose is wide or narrow, and whether it's straight or arched.

You can also get clues from the bone at the bottom of the nose about whether the tip of the nose probably slanted up or down, and how wide the nostrils were.

On Saturday, April 25th Harris County is having its first Missing Person's Event. Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone would come forward and identify Smurfette?

On that note wouldn't they have a record of where your child had been? I mean they should have at the very least the name of each foster and each city , then it would be a matter of accounting for all the children in each of those homes, even if she was a relative of the foster? I would definitely keep your eyes on this thread Hopeful77.
The young mother and her much older boyfriend moved around a lot. They have connections in Missouri, Arkansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Louisiana and Texas. The much older boyfriend (in his 60s) has gone by several different names and moves around a lot. I suspect this child was a run-away or illegally in the country that was picked up by these two and something happened. I don't know though. If so, it will be almost impossible to figure out unless someone else comes forward to give more information. This child is too young to give a timeline or location and is extremely guarded when talking about it. Her therapist says if he even phrases something as a question she shuts down. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong