Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard anything about victim's airbag not deploying. In fact looking at the photo of the Lexus after the collision with the Hummer, I believe I can see that airbag deployed.

I was just wondering because of the severe sternum injuries.

The air bag deployed. Unfortunately if you Google the moment of impact photos, there is an uncensored picture of the victim in her car after the crash. I think it awful that the paparazzi would even take this photo, let alone publish it.

The air bag deployed. Unfortunately if you Google the moment of impact photos, there is an uncensored picture of the victim in her car after the crash. I think it awful that the paparazzi would even take this photo, let alone publish it.

Yeah. That's horrid.

I did notice authorities were there while the vehicles were still smoking. They must have gotten there quick.

I saw a video late last night that shows the FD there first and some people who had been on motorcycles trying to get in the car, but now I can't find it. BJ is just kind of wandering around in the video. Has anyone else seen that?

On the one hand, better to have a cracked sternum than to be dead.

That is a popular saying but in reality it is NOT better to be brought back for a short time and suffer greatly until you die again. There are worse things than death.

I have heard (rumor) that a fair amount of ICU nurses want to be DNR rather than suffer the alternative.

That is a popular saying but in reality it is NOT better to be brought back for a short time and suffer greatly until you die again. There are worse things than death.

I have heard (rumor) that a fair amount of ICU nurses want to be DNR rather than suffer the alternative.

I've cracked a sternum before while doing CPR. The person lived and was thrilled to be alive with his cracked sternum. It's a sick feeling when you do it to the patient, to be sure, but it does not cause undue suffering in someone who is either able to be resuscitated or who isn't going to make it because those people rarely to never regain consciousness anyway.

If there is a chance of saving someone, you do CPR with the risk of cracking the sternum. Unless they are a DNR.

In this particular case, it sounds like it was a no go from the beginning. From what I've been able to gather, this person may have had obvious chest trauma which made it clear she was dead immediately after impact.

I've cracked a sternum before while doing CPR. The person lived and was thrilled to be alive with his cracked sternum. It's a sick feeling when you do it to the patient, to be sure, but it does not cause undue suffering in someone who is either able to be resuscitated or who isn't going to make it because those people rarely to never regain consciousness anyway.

If there is a chance of saving someone, you do CPR with the risk of cracking the sternum. Unless they are a DNR.

In this particular case, it sounds like it was a no go from the beginning. From what I've been able to gather, this person may have had obvious chest trauma which made it clear she was dead immediately after impact.

And I'm sure the firefighters (who seem to have been there pretty quickly) knew there was nothing they were going to be able to do to save her.

Such a sad job. Thank God for our first responders. So much stress.

JMO

Are we really debating whether Bruce was negligent in not rendering aid on the side of the road?

People, please be aware that an accident victim can be made worse if you render aid and aren't a professional. Also, unfortunately, you can be sued in California if you render aid: "The divided high court appeared to signal that rescue efforts are the responsibility of trained professionals. It was also thought to be the first ruling by the court that someone who intervened in an accident in good faith could be sued."
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/19/local/me-good-samaritan19

Are we really debating whether Bruce was negligent in not rendering aid on the side of the road?

People, please be aware that an accident victim can be made worse if you render aid and aren't a professional. Also, unfortunately, you can be sued in California if you render aid: "The divided high court appeared to signal that rescue efforts are the responsibility of trained professionals. It was also thought to be the first ruling by the court that someone who intervened in an accident in good faith could be sued."

Yes. And this is day 2.

Yup-- that's what we do here at WS. Look at every single side of an issue.

I saw a video late last night that shows the FD there first and some people who had been on motorcycles trying to get in the car, but now I can't find it. BJ is just kind of wandering around in the video. Has anyone else seen that?

He did seem to be wandering around. I think he was in shock. Who wouldn?t be? I have rear ended cars before, but never had one shoot into oncoming traffic and have the driver die right before my eyes. Must be devastating. And he knows the paparazzi are snapping all that time.

He did seem to be wandering around. I think he was in shock. Who wouldn?t be? I have rear ended cars before, but never had one shoot into oncoming traffic and have the driver die right before my eyes. Must be devastating. And he knows the paparazzi are snapping all that time.

Yeah, and he might have thought he was ok physically but ended up having some injuries.

I was watching The Ellen Show this afternoon when my local NBC news interrupted with a live story of a police chase. An armed robber was driving like a maniac in North Dallas on the highway, but also on city streets and even a neighborhood.

He came to an intersection where cars were all stopped. It almost looked like the idiot thought he could drive in between two cars that were stopped. He was going very fast when he crashed into a large SUV on his right and a minivan with a family in it on his left. I thought OMG he just killed someone.

But no. Mama got out of the mini van and rushed him as he tried to open his door and get out. I was HORRIFIED because I knew she didn't realize she was confronting an armed man. I thought for sure he was going to shoot her dead. But he seemed intimidated, especially when her huge husband got out and both parents grappled with him. They threw him to the ground HARD right as the police drove up. Mama continued to scream at him while he was being handcuffed. All this was caught on camera from the helicopter. In all this frenzy, Mama didn't notice that her child was injured. The boy got out of the van and collapsed on the ground, writhing in pain.

I've never seen anything like it. The speed and force of the accident makes it even more shocking to hear just now that the injuries appear to be minor in the son and in the people in the black SUV. Perp appeared unhurt as well.

Just shows how random some of these accidents can be with regard to who lives and who dies!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/High-Speed-Chase-in-Dallas-291570361.html

This is not a side of any issue. The issue initially was only whether he was at fault in a fatal accident. So far, there is no evidence he caused the fatality. Failure to attempt to rescue a person who has been in an accident is not a part of a motor vehicle liability or criminal case.

An on topic comment.....

I have to wonder if it is more than just "being a woman trapped in a man's body" in this case. He has had some serious work done on his face, not all of which is good imo.

The nose job makes me wonder if he has body dysmorphic disorder, he is starting to resemble Michael Jackson. Yes, transexuals may get fillers and such, but he has changed a LOT and not necessarily in a feminine way.

But how is that a side of an issue? I mean really.

Who cares WHO helped her? We dont know if "help" would have helped.

I've read multiple reports that she died instantly.
There were multiple people there.

But for some unknown reason we have been stuck on the subject since yesterday because some want to vilify BJ for every move he makes.

ETA: like he's just a heartless piece of crap that could just stand there and watch someone die and go about his day.
It's crazy to me. I don't get it.
JMO

An on topic comment.....

I have to wonder if it is more than just "being a woman trapped in a man's body" in this case. He has had some serious work done on his face, not all of which is good imo.

The nose job makes me wonder if he has body dysmorphic disorder, he is starting to resemble Michael Jackson. Yes, transexuals may get fillers and such, but he has changed a LOT and not necessarily in a feminine way.

Good point to raise.

Have known some ladies who become less attractive with each new procedure......not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998