UNSOLVED CA - Georgetown, Partial Skull, in Bear Creek picnic area, Feb'15

PastTense

Reaction score
Partial remains of a skull were found near Georgetown Wednesday morning. At approximately 10:30 a.m., a local resident was gold panning in the area of the Bear Creek Picnic area, near Traverse Creek Road and while digging through the dirt, a partial suspected human skull was found.

After contacting the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office, detectives arrived and began their investigation. Due to decomposition of the skull, detectives decided to bring in anthropologists to assist in the investigation.
http://www.auburnjournal.com/article/2/12/15/partial-skull-found-near-georgetown

Several decades old?

JMO: Quite possibly, but not necessarily - depending on the water conditions where the skull was found.

If the skull isn't that old...
Susan Jacobson went missing from Roseville, California in May 2013.
Perhaps it is Susan, if she is deceased?
Roseville isn't that far from where the skull was found. (Roseville is about 35 miles from the town of Georgetown.)
IMOO.

I think of Cody Matthews when I hear of a finding in El Dorado county. From what I recall, he was never found.

It appears to only be 25 miles from the Matthews cabin, much less as the crow flies. Possibly half that.

If the skull isn't that old...
Susan Jacobson went missing from Roseville, California in May 2013.
Perhaps it is Susan, if she is deceased?
Roseville isn't that far from where the skull was found. (Roseville is about 35 miles from the town of Georgetown.)
IMOO.

And if it is older, Teresa Hammon, maybe? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hammon_teresa.html

If it's really so close to the Mathews cabin, that might be the answer, though.

I don't suppose this could be Donna Lass? She went missing in South Lake Tahoe in 1970. If the skull is several decades okd, it's worth considering.

There's no entry in Namus for this skull.

All the people we suggested are still missing.

I'm going to guess it was determined to be historic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back