Magnotta files Appeal, Hearing for Appeal on Feb. 18th, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think his work as an organizer for a few conservative campaigns makes him a "highly connected Tory" but you know how newspapers love to embellish. And what lawyer really has that kind of time except for an eccentric one? He was also a Toronto lawyer before taking on this trial. I can only assume he relocated himself to Montreal at some point? Is he still there with nothing to do so let's take on the appeal right away LM? Or does he want to get it out of the way before he gives up his Montreal digs and moves back to Toronto?

:waitasec:

MOO

:floorlaugh:

Anyway...LeClair and the judge had an "unusual" relationship during the trial. No doubt this appeal is more of an attack by LeClair on the judge than LM's idea. LeClair was obviously taking a running total of the appeal issues he was going to raise right through the trial.

I'd still like to know who approved the funding for LeClair to launch this appeal? Who is paying him?

MOO

:wink: I so believe this ^^ also.

I can see this being denied. I doubt any judge will be dumb enough to grant him the appeal.

What a joke. Guess the reality of his situation has started to dawn on him, and he's looking for an easier ride. Hopefully he will be laughed out of the courtroom.

Hi :seeya:

Soooo ....... nothing new ??
Are we all still on for the 18th ?
He's still gonna go thru with this ? :furious:

dRNBAgeAjVXTtDz8JdsubqYLkCXEn5CQahVyf6NueHy1MwNnKSdHVcYw3BZ7IaVo.jpg

Feb 18 is Chinese New Year -- praying that we hear a resounding "NON/NO''

Feb 18 is Chinese New Year -- praying that we hear a resounding "NON/NO''

Indeed. And this year will be The Year Of The SHEEP. (I wonder what LM is!!)

:lamb: :lamb: :lamb:

-----------------------------------------

ETA:

LM was born in 1982, so...............

The 12 zodiac animals are, in order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig. Each year is related to a Chinese zodiac animal according to the 12-year-cycle. Years of the Dog: …1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030…
The Year of the Dog: Chinese Zodiac Sign for 1946, 1958 ...
www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/dog.asp

CBC hopefully is putting some pressure on the 'optics' of this case.
Taxpayers have footed over $376,000 just to bring LM back Canada from Europe ...... never mind how much of a bill he's racked up for his trial and now with impending appeal hearing.....it's making for an expensive case.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/luka-...pported-by-top-government-officials-1.2958405

with national defence budgets facing cost ..... grrrr

"After Magnotta's conviction, National Defence released more than 1,700 pages of emails documenting the cost of repatriation, the debate over options and the scramble to whisk him home after he agreed to extradition, lest he change his mind.

The messages, obtained under the Access to Information Act, also offer a rare look behind the curtain at the government's efforts to keep details of the "sensitive" mission out of the public spotlight"

there is one very important key point here

"Officials felt crunched for time because Magnotta had declined to fight extradition, the emails show, so they chose the long-range Airbus — an option that avoided a pit stop between Berlin and Montreal.

"It is not a life and limb thing but still a requirement to not delay more (than) necessary," said one email. "That is one of the RCMP requirements."

Well, thank God:

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 19m19 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Luka Magnotta to drop appeal in murder conviction.

*Well, thank God:*

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 19m19 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Luka Magnotta to drop appeal in murder conviction.

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

*Yes ! * I'm just so glad JLs family doesn't have to go thru any more heartbreak

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

*Yes ! * I'm just so glad JLs family doesn't have to go thru any more heartbreak

As difficult as this New Year will be for them -- I am hopeful that there will be good people in the circle of friends to uplift their spirits during New Year Celebrations.....

IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER:

http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/2015/02/18/luka-magnotta-officially-drops-appeal

--------------------------

Luka Rocco Magnotta has formally withdrawn his appeal of a conviction in the first-degree murder of Jun Lin.

Magnotta appeared before the Quebec Court of Appeal by video conference from jail on Wednesday.

A judge asked him if he was dropping his appeal voluntarily and Magnotta replied that he was.

:jail: :jail: :jail:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/18/lin-juns-father-luka-magnotta-are-prepared-to-meet-in-spirit-of-truth-to-discuss-night-of-the-murder/

Lin Jun’s father, Luka Magnotta are prepared to meet in ‘spirit of truth’ to discuss night of the murder

Lin’s Montreal lawyer, Daniel Urbas, said Lin wants to meet with Magnotta, but only if Urbas and a translator are present. He couldn’t say when a potential meeting would take place but he did say that Lin wants to learn more “about what happened that night.”

Does anyone think that this is a good idea?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/18/lin-juns-father-luka-magnotta-are-prepared-to-meet-in-spirit-of-truth-to-discuss-night-of-the-murder/

Lin Jun’s father, Luka Magnotta are prepared to meet in ‘spirit of truth’ to discuss night of the murder

Lin’s Montreal lawyer, Daniel Urbas, said Lin wants to meet with Magnotta, but only if Urbas and a translator are present. He couldn’t say when a potential meeting would take place but he did say that Lin wants to learn more “about what happened that night.”

Does anyone think that this is a good idea?

yes I do ....... even if it goes badly, it's clear that the father ''needs'' to do this....((yes I am worried for him especially if it turns ugly))

if it does go ugly at least father will see with his own eyes how truly disgusting and vile LM really is

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member