Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nothing here except a couple and her showing her need to make sure people knew they were an item. I think he looks like, " Okay.. Whatever" But I don't see anything here that predicts the horror to come.
I agree she was manipulative.. But I don't see anything more than a pic of a couple.

I agree that the photo doesn't predict the horror to come. It does, however, show Jodi being manipulative in what she wants this relationship to look like. And he's not going along with her fantasy: he might be present, but he is not willing. He looks unhappy and coerced into being photographed with Jodi in almost all the photos of I've seen of the two of them. He looks a lot more relaxed when she's not in the photo.

She probably filled the gas cans as they sat in the trunk, then much easier to lift them out than straight up off the ground. I also agree with mydirtysecret, if she could move his body she could lift a gas can

BBM - I just did some checking and 5gals of gasoline is quite a bit lighter than the same volume of water if that's what people are going by.

http://epicenergyblog.com/2013/05/24/how-many-pounds-of-carbon-dioxide-co2-does-a-gallon-of-gasoline-produce/
"Gasoline has a weight of just over 6 pounds per US gallon." x 5 = 30 Pounds

http://www.csgnetwork.com/h2oweightconv.html
"Water Weight Converter
5 Gallons (US) = 41.7263205 Pounds
"

I think bringing back the not Drs. and Alas Smith and Dworkin are a BIG MISTAKE for <modsnip> . The jury is so OVER the *advertiser censored* and computer. I seriously doubt they give a rats behind if TA computer had *advertiser censored*. There was NO child *advertiser censored*. The jury has heard the only one true Dr. in this case, they heard from the Bishop, and from the lovely Deanne. There is nothing the not a Drs. can say that is going to help CMJA. These not a Drs. have shown NO mitigation evidence to help her. What do you want to bet, the Joker will tell us all about Dr. Demarte's inexperience, how she did the testing wrong etc.... And according to JVM's book CMJA not only drove by TA house after the memorial but she actually got out of the car and walk around the yard and house. No PTSD.

You needn't worry. She'll get appeals for years no matter what, but she'll remain out of public view (thankfully) because the appeals just get argued by lawyers before COA or SC justices in very brief sessions. It's not a public spectacle like jury trials are.

The only way she'd be out in public again is if her verdict was overturned and a new trial ordered. The defense has been grasping at straws for that all along, but the good side of all the defense time-wasting is that they've left no stone unturned and there's nothing of any substance left to complain about. They may have a slim argument here or there about the DP but not about the original guilty verdict.

If she gets the DP the 9th Circuit will look for any excuse to overturn the sentence, but the conviction seems rock solid.

IMO, it is not a big deal if she gets DP overturned at some point because there would be the instant gratification of seeing that smirk disappear from her ugly mug upon her initially hearing a sentence of death. A death sentence would certainly be justice for Travis, and his family and friends might finally find some peace after this long ordeal of a trial. And if it gets overturned down the road so be it...because, really, it will be a long way down the road before it happens. In the meantime, the killer is locked up on Death Row probably for years before her sentence is overturned.

Given the DP will never be carried out, and given the likelihood of that sentence being overturned at some point for who-knows-at-this-point-what-reason, I don't really care if she is sentenced to Death only to have it overturned eventually by the 9th Circuit. All it will mean is she goes from death row into general population. I mean, it's not like overturning a death sentence lets a convicted murderer out of prison. For that to happen, the guilty verdict would have to be overturned and I don't see that happening for Arias...ever.

(Sorry to respond to this so late that is likely off topic; I get really far behind sometimes.)

I think bringing back the not Drs. and Alas Smith and Dworkin are a BIG MISTAKE for <modsnip>. The jury is so OVER the *advertiser censored* and computer. I seriously doubt they give a rats behind if TA computer had *advertiser censored*. There was NO child *advertiser censored*. The jury has heard the only one true Dr. in this case, they heard from the Bishop, and from the lovely Deanne. There is nothing the not a Drs. can say that is going to help CMJA. These not a Drs. have shown NO mitigation evidence to help her. What do you want to bet, the Joker will tell us all about Dr. Demarte's inexperience, how she did the testing wrong etc.... And according to JVM's book CMJA not only drove by TA house after the memorial but she actually got out of the car and walk around the yard and house. No PTSD.

Talk about your basic criminal returning to the scene of the crime.

It's not JSSs' fault. As per JA, the state would not settle for a plea deal, so, her DT had no choice but to bring up all of TAs "secrets".

I so agree. And I believe the reason the state wouldn't accept a plea is that she insisted on 2nd degree. No way they would accept that given her crime-so here we are.

IMO, it is not a big deal if she gets DP overturned at some point because there would be the instant gratification of seeing that smirk disappear from her ugly mug upon her initially hearing a sentence of death. A death sentence would certainly be justice for Travis, and his family and friends might finally find some peace after this long ordeal of a trial. And if it gets overturned down the road so be it...because, really, it will be a long way down the road before it happens. In the meantime, the killer is locked up on Death Row probably for years before her sentence is overturned.

Given the DP will never be carried out, and given the likelihood of that sentence being overturned at some point for who-knows-at-this-point-what-reason, I don't really care if she is sentenced to Death only to have it overturned eventually by the 9th Circuit. All it will mean is she goes from death row into general population. I mean, it's not like overturning a death sentence lets a convicted murder out of prison. For that to happen, the guilty verdict would have to be overturned and I don't see that happening for Arias...ever.

(Sorry to respond to this so late that is likely off topic; I get really far behind sometimes.)

Sadly I too, want her to get the DP for the sole purpose of wiping that smirk off her face! It's too bad she can't at the same time witness all of us SMILING at her for the last time! I also don't concern myself with what will happen down the road after this trial (if it ever really ends) because I just want her to feel NOT GETTING HER WAY for once in her life and realizing that she is done done done

She planned and executed a murder of a man double Her strength and stature with precision l. She dragged his lifeless 220lb+ body back to the shower. I never once second guessed get ability to lift a measly 40 lbs

It sounds like I am being misunderstood.

What I'm observing is how difficult it is to pour liquid from a very heavy container at just above waist height. I can easily heft 40lbs. But lifting it, aiming it, and then tilting it (with a controlled tilt), especially in an awkward spot relative to the body, is something else altogether. In fact, I can't do it at all.

That's without even addressing the times she had already driven there in the dead of night to check up on him because he hadn't answered her calls...

Agreed: it's a nonstarter for her to be claiming she'd never driven that stretch in the dark.

I know it seems like gas cans would be easy to carry, but in reality they aren't.

I think in normal circumstances full gas cans could be heavy. Not too heavy to lift, but still quite a bit to lift up in a way necessary to fill a car's gas tank.

However, these were not normal circumstances. This was a woman scorned, hellbent on murder. Nothing was going to stop her. Nothing.

Also, hasn't it been said by people who knew her that Arias was exceptionally strong physically? Seems to me I heard at least one of her acquaintances remark on that.

I know it seems like gas cans would be easy to carry, but in reality they aren't.

I have carried a few of them in my time. Even the big old metal ones. The ones them make now that are plastic are easier and slosh proof. :)

I don't remember was the trunk tested for gas?

I can't pick the gas cans up high enough to fill my gas tank. Maybe that is why she needed more cans. She could have only filled them up half way each.

I can't pick the gas cans up high enough to fill my gas tank. Maybe that is why she needed more cans. She could have only filled them up half way each.

Her gas receipts show she filled them up. Where there's a will there's a way!

Sadly I too, want her to get the DP for the sole purpose of wiping that smirk off her face! It's too bad she can't at the same time witness all of us SMILING at her for the last time! I also don't concern myself with what will happen down the road after this trial (if it ever really ends) because I just want her to feel NOT GETTING HER WAY for once in her life and realizing that she is done done done
I don't think even the death penalty is going to do it. Ted Bundy, for example, kept promising to lead authorities to more bodies if they'd just hold off on his execution. They did, several times over, and his information led to nothing. A Colorado detective at the time said it was Bundy's way of remaining in complete control, total possession, being the only one to know where remaining victims really were.

In a way giving Jodi the death penalty will feed her psychopathy. She'll get to play the poor, condemned martyr. She'll get attention from people, attorneys and advocacies simply because she's on death row but she'll read so much more into it. Death row won't be the hell for her we all wish.

It is what the Alexanders want (and as such, imo, deserve) but it would also limit her access to others. I worry how much more damage Jodi could potentially do given 'free reign' in gen pop.

All JMO

It sounds like I am being misunderstood.

What I'm observing is how difficult it is to pour liquid from a very heavy container at just above waist height. I can easily heft 40lbs. But lifting it, aiming it, and then tilting it (with a controlled tilt), especially in an awkward spot relative to the body, is something else altogether. In fact, I can't do it at all.

Perhaps she used a handheld siphon pump.

Battery-Operated Liquid Transfer Siphon Pump:•Moves liquid safely and easily
•Pumps gas, water, oil and other non-corrosive liquids
•Use in garage, aquariums and home
•Pumps up to 6 quarts of liquid per minute
•Requires 2 D size batteries (not included)

I don't consider myself to be an overly strong woman, I'd say average. I go fill our 5 gallon gas can whenever we need fuel for the lawn mowers. Are they light? No. But they aren't what I'd consider really heavy. I also then come home and pour the fuel into the gas tank on the mowers with the use of a funnel. I'd venture to say that most grown women could and should easily be able to lift one.

I don't think even the death penalty is going to do it. Ted Bundy, for example, kept promising to lead authorities to more bodies if they'd just hold off on his execution. They did, several times over, and his information led to nothing. A Colorado detective at the time said it was Bundy's way of remaining in complete control, total possession, being the only one to know where remaining victims really were.

In a way giving Jodi the death penalty will feed her psychopathy. She'll get to play the poor, condemned martyr. She'll get attention from people, attorneys and advocacies simply because she's on death row but she'll read so much more into it. Death row won't be the hell for her we all wish.

It is what the Alexanders want (and as such, imo, deserve) but it would also limit her access to others. I worry how much more damage Jodi could potentially do given 'free reign' in gen pop.

All JMO

Oh I hear everything you said loud and clear but the INITIAL reaction from her is what I want to see! Just like in the guilt phase, she was shocked and could not help but gasp a little. She tried to stifle it but it was there, she was shocked and it showed and I want to see that one more time.

Oh I hear everything you said loud and clear but the INITIAL reaction from her is what I want to see! Just like in the guilt phase, she was shocked and could not help but gasp a little. She tried to stifle it but it was there, she was shocked and it showed and I want to see that one more time.

I have to admit, that would give me a certain level of satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member