Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in normal circumstances full gas cans could be heavy. Not too heavy to lift, but still quite a bit to lift up in a way necessary to fill a car's gas tank.

However, these were not normal circumstances. This was a woman scorned, hellbent on murder. Nothing was going to stop her. Nothing.

Also, hasn't it been said by people who knew her that Arias was exceptionally strong physically? Seems to me I heard at least one of her acquaintances remark on that.

BBM - Yes, RB for one. There's also a little something that usually comes with gas cans when you buy them.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101256842
gascanspout1.jpg

BBM - Yes, RB for one. There's also a little something that usually comes with gas cans when you buy them.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101256842
View attachment 69564

Is that a five gallon can? It does not look very big and certainly would be easy enough to lift.

All I have here to compare is a one gallon jug of vinegar and when I try to imagine how big the jug would be to hold five gallons, it seems it would be a pretty good size. And not lightweight when full--though doable for most adults, IMO.

I can't pick the gas cans up high enough to fill my gas tank. Maybe that is why she needed more cans. She could have only filled them up half way each.

Now thats a good guess and maybe the best explanation yet of why she wanted 3 of them. 3 with each 3/4 full gives her enough to where she would not slosh any gas and could also do it herself easily.

I still dont know why she didnt just buy them all herself and not involve another person though. Seems strange.

Is that a five gallon can? It does not look very big and certainly would be easy enough to lift.

All I have here to compare is a one gallon jug of vinegar and when I try to imagine how big the jug would be to hold five gallons, it seems it would be a pretty good size. And not lightweight when full--though doable for most adults, IMO.

Not sure, I can try to enlarge it, just it shows the flex funnel nozzle that comes with the gas cans, though if you check out the previous link that pic comes with, you can see just how safe hauling gas around is... I see Walmart doesn't carry many gas cans anymore. Maybe that was the plan, she was going to go out in a blaze so her family could sue... do we know just what her suicide letters she allegedly left to each person in her family said?

Here's a pic of a verified 5 Gallon Can:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/5-Gallon-Auto-Shutoff-Gasoline-Can/41080329
gascanspout2.jpg

Now thats a good guess and maybe the best explanation yet of why she wanted 3 of them. 3 with each 3/4 full gives her enough to where she would not slosh any gas and could also do it herself easily.

I still dont know why she didnt just buy them all herself and not involve another person though. Seems strange.

By involving them she was making them accomplices.. kind of, right?

Not sure, I can try to enlarge it, just it shows the flex funnel nozzle that comes with the gas cans, though if you check out the link the pic comes with you can see just how safe hauling gas around is... I see Walmart doesn't carry many gas cans anymore.

View attachment 69565

I would be able to lift that fairly easily to place it in the trunk. Getting it out--no problem. But filling the gas tank--I would probably spill some in the process. But I suppose if I were on my way to or from murdering someone I wouldn't stop to cry over a little puddle of spilled gasoline.

That has ALWAYS seemed strange to me.

except according to the receipts she did fill them.

I think JA, using Photoshop, did improve her eyeteeth in a lot of these pics I'm seeing here. Her eyeteeth in this black & white pic look more proportional and in-line. She may have also reduced the size of her upper lip to look more natural. Too bad Adobe didn't have an app for her to fix what was on the inside.

Thank-you!:clap::clap::clap: First of all, it's moot because Jodi IS going to get the Death Penalty, I'm sure of it. I have that much confidence in Juan. But even if she doesn't I can guarantee the Alexander family won't be blaming Judge Stephens. She is doing a good job, even if some people are pessimists and don't think so. Some people here will probably try to blame her for President's Day too...

So you don't think JSS allowing day after day and weeks upon weeks of testimony suggesting DV. perversion, and controlling behavior gave any weight or validity to that stuff in the eyes of even one juror? You don't think a juror would assume there may be some basis in fact of that testimony since the judge allowed it in - never said a peep?

She let that tub of guts and that 1/2 a woman filibuster this case for months, droning on and on mind numbingly repeating the same baseless victim bashing endlessly. And we're not done yet.

JSS gave this courtroom up like years ago, and to the likes of Jumbo and Squeeky? Puh-leez, this judge needs to work traffic warrants and shoplifters. She has the bench presence of Olive Oyl.

except according to the receipts she did fill them.

Juan proved it. She filled them in California right before she shut off her cell phone. Then she filled them again at the Tesoro in SLC...proving she used the gas she bought in CA to get her out of AZ

I spent all weekend watching clips from YouTube about the Marissa Devault trial after reading Paul Sanders book "Brain Damage". What I found enlightening was the judge, Roland Steinle III courtroom behavior. This was a professional that had control of his courtroom. He even asked witnesses questions for clarification. He cracked down on the attorneys on both sides and once told them he wasn't playing games. Twice that I saw he told Defense Attorney, asked and answered, now move on. He didn't even wait for the PA to explain his objection. Can you imagine what he would have done to Nurmi and Willmont if they pulled all their crap in his courtroom. Also he wouldn't let the witness elaberate on their answers, he told more than one of them to just answer the question that was asked and no more. ALV and many of the others on JA trial would have been cut off at the knees and if someone had made stupid comments like "Are you mad at me Mr. Martines" He would have smashed her good. These people didn't get away with a thing. Either side. I loved him. Stephens has no control over that courtroom, JA and Company are controling the entire trial. What a shame we didn't get Steinle instead of this worthless JSS. When it came time to sentence Devault, he didn't hestitate to tell her if it wasn't for her children she would have gotten the DP, so he was giving her Natural Life. She bawled like a baby most of the time and acted remorseful but he didn't buy it. In my opinion Devault was not nearly as bad as JA.

It was interesting to re-read this 2013 article, but it also really drives home how far afield this re-trial has gone. I have serious concerns whether or not this new jury sees her for what she is. In the first trial, with her 18 days on the stand, many postulated that she "humanized" herself to the jury, but it could just as well have been that during those 18 days the first jury was able to see her true colors far better than this jury, which has been inundated with *advertiser censored* and abuse red herrings. Makes you wonder...

Not sure, I can try to enlarge it, just it shows the flex funnel nozzle that comes with the gas cans, though if you check out the previous link that pic comes with, you can see just how safe hauling gas around is... I see Walmart doesn't carry many gas cans anymore. Maybe that was the plan, she was going to go out in a blaze so her family could sue... do we know just what her suicide letters she allegedly left to each person in her family said?

View attachment 69565
Didn't JA buy a 5 gal Kerosene can at Walmart? I wonder if they're configured the same as that 5 gal gas can ^^?

And does anyone know what type of gas cans Darryl had? He was a pretty old guy so I wonder if he had the old-fashioned 5 gal metal "jerry" gas cans?

117485-md.jpg

It was interesting to re-read this 2013 article, but it also really drives home how far afield this re-trial has gone. I have serious concerns whether or not this new jury sees her for what she is. In the first trial, with her 18 days on the stand, many postulated that she "humanized" herself to the jury, but it could just of well have been that during those 18 days the first jury was able to see her true colors far better than this jury, which has been inundated with *advertiser censored* and abuse red herrings. Makes you wonder...

The first trial was annoying but then it had a forward progress theme. This has an end run theme. And it is going no where. I can not believe that this will be over by the end of March.

It was interesting to re-read this 2013 article, but it also really drives home how far afield this re-trial has gone. I have serious concerns whether or not this new jury sees her for what she is. In the first trial, with her 18 days on the stand, many postulated that she "humanized" herself to the jury, but it could just as well have been that during those 18 days the first jury was able to see her true colors far better than this jury, which has been inundated with *advertiser censored* and abuse red herrings. Makes you wonder...

Jodi's 18 days on the stand in the guilt phase did not humanize her. In fact, it worked against her according to the jurors who spoke out later. Even Zervakos--her hero--admitted those 18 days were a problem for Arias.

I am hoping the same happens in this phase with the defense witnesses on the stand days on end, and now coming back to testify further, likely for days on end again. I hope this jury finds that problematic.

Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member