Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were smart, they'd forgo Fonesca....but we know they ain't smart.
I feel so sorry for these jurors. Fonseca goes on and on and she shows such disrespect for JM. We can leave our computers but they are forced to sit through it.

Dr. G is actually discriminating against Mormons right now. It's very bothersome. Very unethical. And also very disturbing. "I won't even listen to anything you have to say, you brainwashed Mormon!" Very unethical.

(Woohoo! :happydance:)

They might end up being an alternate.

We're almost there. It looks like we're going to have closing arguments next week. I hope we get 12 amazing jurors who will deliberate properly and come to the only logical conclusion...death by lethal injection.

No. If it worked that way Nurmi would have had the whole jury dismissed months ago.

ETA...read yr question wrong. JM can bring what he believes is juror misconduct to JSS' attention. He can't say to JSS he wants #1 dismissed because Geffy is looking that way too often.

But now JM has brought a potential bias in #1 to the rest of the jury's attention. This might be the most important aspect of his question/statement. This will give other jurors a chance to consolidate their own opinions in advance of deliberation. Genius!

The trial that never ends. Aren't the taxpayers of AZ tired of padding the retirement funds of the defense team yet? This is simple, just lock her in an isolated cell already and throw away the key... :)

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 43s 43 seconds ago
Wouldn't a person form other religions have the same issues about sexual misconduct..would you chose not to interview them?
#jodiarias

Someone is feeling offended and a bit snarky IMO

I agree, and if they are offended, they should be, he makes it sound as if LDS is the only religion that has members with morals or that would be concerned with sexual misconduct. I am LDS and I was offended that he thinks that way. I know many people who are religious and those who are not that would frown upon sexual misconduct. I don't think some ones credibility should be defined by the religion they choose, or lack of.

Are we done with Geffner? It looked from the tweets like both attorneys got to question him after the juror questions but with trial by tweet it is hard to tell. Was Geff dismissed?

Imo, ' internalized anger' is a symptom of every diagnosed mental health issue. Every single one.

My thinking was that one of the jurors was questioning Geff on how he could say JA didn't have anger issues, yet she admitted to all the things she broke etc. and that yes, most mental health issues
evolve around internalized anger.

I thought the question was calling Geff out on his interpretation. Did anyone else feel this way?

But now JM has brought a potential bias in #1 to the rest of the jury's attention. This might be the most important aspect of his question/statement. This will give other jurors a chance to consolidate their own opinions in advance of deliberation. Genius!

Also, hearing the other jurors questions may cause them to reconsider what they are thinking. This could be a good thing, the DV/PTSD question jurors may get swayed by the other juror questions...

The question about internalized anger could, in another way, be seen as the juror recognizing that JA was one angry woman, right? Doesn't mean they think the source of it excuses M-1 or that TA was a reason for her having it...

My thinking was that one of the jurors was questioning Geff on how he could say JA didn't have anger issues, yet she admitted to all the things she broke etc. and that yes, most mental health issues

I thought the question was calling Geff out on his interpretation. Did anyone else feel this way?

Yes. It came to mind immediately

I will have a wonderful weekend knowing that JA is NOT!!!

Why would you think so? The question wasn't too bad, I think they wanted to hear what he would say? A lot sounded like trick questions. Internal anger, BUT, they said she had no anger & scored low on aggression.

Yes, I am now thinking it was a trick question. Because the next one was about absence of internalized anger. Either that or that juror is just confused/moving the goal posts.

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 1m 1 minute ago
Q: Is it normal to change how a test is administered. #JodiArias

A: We're trying to adapt and this is not a normal situation. #JodiArias

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I see how it's done now. Tests are administered differently depending on if it's a normal situation or "not a normal situation". ;)

Thanks for the clarification, Geff.

Yes, I thought the question was, essentially, how can she have PTSD from being choked and having her finger broken etc., plus maybe bipolar disorder, and be anger-free? Don't those things normally go together?

I couldn't agree with you more! IMO he was alerting the rest of the jury AND telling #1 flat out--hello! you're being manipulated.

who diagnosed her with PTSD? weren't all the DT drs unlicensed in AZ?
Was it based on the ninja story? hope JM clears that up.

Dr. Cheryl Karp was Psy. #1. AZ doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members