Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you are right about closing next week. I agree the logical conclusion is lethal injection but Ms. Arias is much like a drunk driver, the driver of the car she hits dies, she carries on without any reason for feeling guilt as she has decided it was the other driver's fault and they got what they deserved. Presented with the question, I have little doubt she would say Travis deserved to have his throat slit, numerous stab wounds and to be shot in the face.

I agree, and if they are offended, they should be, he makes it sound as if LDS is the only religion that has members with morals or that would be concerned with sexual misconduct. I am LDS and I was offended that he thinks that way. I know many people who are religious and those who are not that would frown upon sexual misconduct. I don't think some ones credibility should be defined by the religion they choose, or lack of.

Offending religious jurors. How could that ever backfire? Lol.

I love how on how hand Dr. G is telling me how strict and morally uptight Mormons are, yet at the same time insinuates all these morally upstanding people will lie their butts off for a perverted into pedophilia abuser.

I agree, and if they are offended, they should be, he makes it sound as if LDS is the only religion that has members with morals or that would be concerned with sexual misconduct. I am LDS and I was offended that he thinks that way. I know many people who are religious and those who are not that would frown upon sexual misconduct. I don't think some ones credibility should be defined by the religion they choose, or lack of.

I was insulted on your behalf. He sounded like a right pillock basically saying all Mormons would lie if he interviewed them so why bother.

Not saying she lied, but, she was writing a book for monetary gain. Sometimes people writing books might make their story more interesting, plus she was on 48 hours telling these things. Wish she/they would have waited but they didn't.

I agree with what you are saying and I wish they would have waited too, however, Dr. Geffner and Dr. Miccio-Fonseca were not arguing "secondary gain" and bringing up book deals when they were using the Hughes' emails to their advantage. Apparently, to these expert witnesses, when the Hughes had negative information about the victim, their word was gold, but when the Hughes had positive information about the victim or creepy stories about the defendant, they are suddenly suspect in Dr. Geffner's eye?

I couldn't agree with you more! IMO he was alerting the rest of the jury AND telling #1 flat out--hello! you're being manipulated.

I love, love, love the way you put this!!!!! And doesn't that sum up this whole story, it's what ja does/did- Travis, the trial, her supporters.

Offending religious jurors. How could that ever backfire? Lol.

I love how on how hand Dr. G is telling me how strict and morally uptight Mormons are, yet at the same time insinuates all these morally upstanding people will lie their butts off for a perverted into pedophilia abuser.

Also, they will summon their girlfriends for oral sex in the bathroom while visiting friends, despite their supposedly near-pathological fear of being caught doing or saying anything remotely sexual and losing their temple recommends. :rolleyes:

If the jury is as alienated as they already seem, I can't wait for the questions they'll have for MF. She who described June 4 as a day of "love," and the murder as JA's "psychological vomit."

I was insulted on your behalf. He sounded like a right pillock basically saying all Mormons would lie if he interviewed them so why bother.
No sense in what he's saying & the jury know it! Any religion or group would lie. What's wrong with him?

Loved all the questions. Every single one of them. I'm guessing 14/15 are already to give her the needle themselves. The last one will come around once they see Fonseca next week, bring it on Willmott

When the videos are released, today may be one of the first days I watch.

A also eat desert first, just so I know I'll have room.

ETA: Crap, now I have to go make a cake.

Dr. Samuels was the one that diagnosed her with PTSD. And admitted to JM in cross that he should have done it over, since he did it when she was still on the Ninja story. His test was basically thrown out as invalid because of that, but JW or Geffner didn't include that information to this jury. JM did get Geffner's admission that she lied on the test though.

Dr. G is actually discriminating against Mormons right now. It's very bothersome. Very unethical. And also very disturbing. "I won't even listen to anything you have to say, you brainwashed Mormon!" Very unethical.

(Woohoo! :happydance:)

What is confusing to me is why would RG be questioning a witness about their person sexual activities that have no relevance to this case? The questions should be about what they know about the relationship between Jodi and Travis.

All across the nation attorneys are making notes to never, ever, use anyone to testify from the Samuels, Geffner, Laviolette , Fonseca institute and if they find the other side has anyone from there slated to testify, making another notation to get Dr. Demarte for their side.

:eek:ddsmiley:

Dr. Samuels was the one that diagnosed her with PTSD. And admitted to JM in cross that he should have done it over, since he did it when she was still on the Ninja story. His test was basically thrown out as invalid because of that, but JW or Geffner didn't include that information to this jury. JM did get Geffner's admission that she lied on the test though.

This always makes me LOL. So much for validity tests, hahahahaha!!

What is confusing to me is why would RG be questioning a witness about their person sexual activities that have no relevance to this case? The questions should be about what they know about the relationship between Jodi and Travis.
Boy, Lambchop, you're a breath of fresh air. I'd kind of forgotten what they're supposed to be doing. Which I guess is the point.

BK....about JA lurking outside the bathroom. Geffy said, well it could be because he wanted her to go in for oral sex. We just don't know....

That is the most stupid and insulting response he could give to the jury. He should have just said we don't know.

I think that that statement regarding Mormons might be one of the worst things he could have said.
It tells me that he doesn't really think positively about Mormons and that affects his whole testimony, his motives, everything.

1. I'd think; could his views regarding Mormonism have tainted how he viewed Travis Alexander?
2. How can he present a total view of JA's and TA's relationship if he picks and chooses who to talk to?
3. Did he really, as an expert, assume that Mormons were going to lie? What did he base that on? What does it say about him as a professional and a human being if he dismisses people based on their religion?

8. Does it put the intergrity of the test into question? No.

9. Would you classify JA to have secondary gains by having interviews while incarcerated? Yes--anyone in jail has potential for secondary gains.

10. Wouldn't a person from other religions have something to lose by admitting sexual conduct? If so, would you choose not to interview them also? Possibly--depends on how strong the beliefs are.

I am truly stunned that he has revealed such a bias; he has essentially told every juror that in his "esteemed" opinion he doesn't trust the word of those who have strong faith-based values. What a judgmental, bigoted person who over-values his expertise--can't see the jurors being comfortable trusting a professional such as this.

Also, they will summon their girlfriends for oral sex in the bathroom while visiting friends, despite their supposedly near-pathological fear of being caught doing or saying anything remotely sexual and losing their temple recommends. :rolleyes:

All while they're trying to talk in the relative privacy of a washroom to their previous gf of 7? years....

GEff brought in bi-polar again -as a little add on :facepalm:

Correct me if I'm wrong but is there not medication for Bi polar as opposed to BPD? Are they trying to sneak in bi polar as an untreated condition she had that she is medicated for now so it wasn't her fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752