Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
IA, yet they're still trying to get courtroom "closed?" What a way to circumvent the higher courts ruling. :stormingmad:

The DT must have made the request just to get it on the record for appeals. They need a fig leaf to explain why she couldn't and now she can whisper her lies to the hating crowd.

Oh for goodness sake. ,people. Can bleat on that this isn't jss's fault but it is. The defence says jump and she says how high.

I hope she never has a DP case again ever for the sake of the victims family
I heard she already has her next one scheduled.

I'm thinking that it will be allocution today, closing arguments tomorrow.

Throwing the public out? Have you forgotten the COA ruling, Judge?

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 9m9 minutes ago
What part of NO does #Jodiarias not get? Word is she's asking Judge to let her allocute in SECRET! Parties still arguing about that at bench

Jarrett Seltzer ‏@JarrettSeltzer · 12m12 minutes ago
Det Flores left the court room with a very stressed look on his face - seems like everyone who knows what's going on is stressed #jodiarias

And the one thing that annoys me most of all.. Didn't she already testify and allocate once before!? In a public courtroom filled with camera's??

Suddenly she can't think straight with camera's presents? Please.

Nurmi is almost there..............just a couple more jurors to drop and he'll have his mistrial. The State will refuse to go through this farce again, mainly due to the judge in charge, and Jodi will be free of the death penalty once and for all. That was probably his strategy all along....drag things out as long as possible, repeat repeat repeat, and try to outlive the jurors until we get down to 11. Problem solved.

RBBM:

OMG ... does JA and the DT realize that the Appellate Court and Supreme Court in Arizona have already ruled :

NO CLOSED COURTROOMS !

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

But sending everyone to overflow room circumvents the ruling. So underhanded, yet I'm , so not surprised. I wonder if she'll wine, "the reason I never finished testifying is b/c I'm afraid....sniffle, sniffle....so let me finish now!"

I am trying to remain optimistic that the reason Arias is so smiley is that her sister (who is both dumb and stupid, apparently) is here.
Maybe she was told this is all a play that her big sis is in.

That's the stupid thing I am choosing to believe today.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 1m1 minute ago
What part of NO does #Jodiarias not get? Word is she's asking Judge to let her allocute in SECRET! Parties still arguing about that at bench

Surely to all that is sacred JSS is not going to grant her the request to allocute in secret--AZL can JSS do this after both the COA and ASC said no?

And the one thing that annoys me most of all.. Didn't she already testify and allocate once before!? In a public courtroom filled with camera's??

Suddenly she can't think straight with camera's presents? Please.
It scrambles her brain

I am wondering if JA, realizing the writing is on the wall, thinks she is smarter than everyone else and SURPRISE! is going to testify.

Well, that would render going over jury instructions today about 18 days premature.

But as I am 15 pages and two hours behind everyone else this morning, she may already be on the stand for all I know. lol

I'm thinking that it will be allocution today, closing arguments tomorrow.

Throwing the public out? Have you forgotten the COA ruling, Judge?
It seems the whole DT forgot it! He was demanding the court room sealed!!!! She doesn't want the public to know what she's saying. I hate her!

Why should the public be kicked to another room? JA and her minion DT have slimed her victim for years in public. She should be forced to have the public witness whatever foulness comes out of her lying trap today.

Only thing that makes sense is JSS' prior, unwise promise to the DT that any of their sentence phase witnesses could testify in a sealed courtroom. Removing the press to another room is a let's-split-the-baby move by JSS because of her earlier huge error in judgement. imo

RBBM:

OMG ... does JA and the DT realize that the Appellate Court and Supreme Court in Arizona have already ruled :

NO CLOSED COURTROOMS !

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

The overflow room is one thing, I'd go along with that to get this over with, but if they want to completely lock out the media and public like last time, no way.

I take the DP on a case by case basis. I don't believe that even if she gets the DP she will be executed, But I know her life will be harder, her stay in prison will be more like punishment as opposed to singing contests and teaching inmates her gifts.

And she will have less opportunity to continue to torture her victims family and not harm prison guards or other inmates. No matter what verdict Jodi will never be actually executed. But she is in my opinion one of the most dangerous defendants I've seen since following court cases the last 10 years. She IS a danger to society including the prison community. I have a cousin who is a prison guard and I would hate to see her work in a prison where Jodi would be in the general population, truly.

@kissara22: Juror #5 to Juror #12(or vice versa) in passing,"I'm ready to fry the ***** already!Hellz yeah!" <highfive> Overheard by MDLR..#jodiarias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of this tweeter? Background on kissara22? Just today or normal tweeter from the court? (or a MDLR plant?)

ETA: Reading upstream like a WAT salmon...saw it was said this was a joke...sorry

MOO but I really couldn't stomach another JA allocution-live, tweeted or otherwise. Defeats the whole purpose to do it in secret. She owes society an explanation.

There is no way JSS is going to seal the court for JA. Not going to happen. I can easily imagine her kicking everyone to the overflow room, and not allowing cameras or video, and that is way more than enough to pizz me off.

I remember the COA saying that sending the media to an overflow room could have been an option used. So JSS could do that. But ugh isn't the DT tired of playing these games and wasting everybody's time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz