MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
26316984-7cf4-43f2-8577-119375693be5_zps5c423847.png

http://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed/

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...ting-death-of-woman-found-burned-near-her-car

Jessica Chambers' father to her killer: 'They're coming for you.'

"To the person that done this: They're coming for you. They're working day and night, day and night, away from their own families," Ben Chambers said.

Jessica Chambers' father said when the person who killed his little girl is found, he hopes they put them in solitary confinement, and he made a vow.

"Because I promise as long as I have breath in me I can talk to people and make sure they're not comfortable in there," Ben Chambers said

Mississippi Gov. Says He's Personally Pushing Pursuit of Jessica's Justice
Iris Barnes
On January 8, 2015

JACKSON, Miss. –Mississippi Governor Phil Byrant says the person or persons that killed Jessica Chambers will be found and brought to justice.

“My instructions to (Mississippi Department of Public Safety) Commissioner Albert Santa Cruze is to spare no effort. Whatever we need to do, utilize whatever expertise, equipment, manpower, personnel, we are going to find the person who committed this heinous crime; and we are going to hold them accountable,” Bryant said in an interview with News Mississippi.

[...]

“I’m a former law enforcement officer and have investigated homicides as a sheriff deputy; and it’s just a chilling effect when you hear how one human being can inflict such a horrible crime on another,” said Bryant.

[...]

Bryant said local, state and federal investigators are working tirelessly to find Jessica’s killer(s). “Believe me, there is no one who would like to solve this crime more than the local law enforcement agencies and the professional investigators who are working for the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.”

- See more at: http://www.newsms.fm/mississippi-go...ssicas-justice/#sthash.V2U8TbCC.dasUHmez.dpuf

If you have information that may lead to an arrest, please contact the Panola County Sheriff's Office at (662) 563-6230.

MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 **Media Thread***NO DISCUSSION***

MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County - Maps and Photos - **NO DISCUSSION**

Poll: What Happened to Jessica Chambers?

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9

If JC was on the phone with her mother and gave no indication she was in danger, and the fact that she was AT the scene of the crime well before the fire started, that tells me she was not in fear of anyone. Not only was she not in fear, but she went willingly maybe for a purpose. Sex?

I do not agree....We do not know in what condition Jessica was in when her car arrived at the scene...

Classito

I do not agree....We do not know in what condition Jessica was in when her car arrived at the scene...

Classito

I think she was probably A-ok when she arrived at the crime scene. I know the road was not heavily-travelled, but who in their right mind would sit at a crime scene for a half hour or longer with an unconscious body?

Would it be possible to include this on

Just got the street view of car wash five............

So there saying after she left the gas station, she headed back up north? 51 to Eureka RD than over to Woodland rd?.........Did they say they seen Jessica exit and reenter the vehicle? Or did they just catch on camera perhaps a vehicle that was hers or resembled hers around that time? If thats the case then she made a left turn from the pump perhaps instead of driving forward towards the area where she had a conversation with someone off screen........Is this why she purchased extra gas? But yet she was found about a mile south/southwest of the gas station and closer to the carwash 5.

I mentioned earlier on another thread it looked as if she was pointing in that direction as far as where she was going when entering the station. To me it appeared someone ask where she was heading. Though others seen the gesture as something else. Theres nothing but businesses and houses up there from the new map.

If she made a turn and headed back to 51 and not drive forward from the pump. Then I need to rethink everything.

If was my hunch, my speculation that JC drove forward and someone got in. They went to carwash 5, and a attack occurred. JC was rendered unconscious and was in the passenger seat and the killer drove and dumped the car where found, set it on fire and walked back to the car wash retrieve there vehicle and left the area. She regain consciousness and exit the vehicle and was found when the fire department got there. If a fireman was here i would ask if the passenger door or drivers door was open then we would know.

But if she made a left from the pump and headed out alone than everything i have posted can be deleted.

Add on ... To put a hole in my own theory, the killer would had to have left there car at the car wash and walk to the gas station and been there when JC pulled in. But why would they do that? If they was out of gas and had it parked there and walked to the gas station, someone else would have been seen on camera getting gas in a container. The one guy was getting gas for a generator they told us and was cleared.

Maybe they needed a jump with cables I don't know. I wish we knew if she turned left from the pump or drove forward out of camera range where she had the conversation.

If as the timeline indicates she was back in Courtland from 6:30 until her car was spotted at 7:31, and if Jessica spoke with her Mom until 7:13 as reported in MSM, and her mom didn't hear driving, just silence in the background, when they spoke (speculating scenarios so forgive the mess) there's the possibility that Jessica was with one other person already in the car, as more may have been harder to keep quiet, and that she was parked at that very spot where her car was found. That person may have walked away and never told anyone, local.

If the person entered her car either welcomed or in duress against Jessica, it may have happened before the phone call from her mom went through. So when her mom's calls and texts went unanswered, for some reason Jessica was either not able to or willing to answer. If she was not willing to answer, than for about 45 minutes (6:30 to 7:13) in Courtland, Jessica may have been with somebody who had some kind of hold on their interaction being not worthy of interruption, either willing or not. Perhaps, by 7:13, they were in the spot, the call became possible for Jessica. Though she didn't sound in panic or fear to her mom, it sounds like it may be possible Jessica had a very unusually longish soothing and appeasing conversation with her mom while somebody may have been with her. Why was their conversation the way it was? Through her experiences, could Jessica have been in situation where she was trying to help somebody who turned on her, somebody unstable, impetuous, perhaps involved in the kind of things Jessica seemed to have come out of? If Jessica was trying to sooth her mom (promising to get everything done, being charming, humor, love, IIRC) could she have been in the her car with somebody who needed talking down and appeasement who turned on her, or forced Jessica there and let her return her mom's call?

I think she was probably A-ok when she arrived at the crime scene. I know the road was not heavily-travelled, but who in their right mind would sit at a crime scene for a half hour or longer with an unconscious body?

The same kind of psycho that would burn a person alive...?

Also...We do not know she was at the scene for that 30 minutes..her car and/or phone may have been..unless of course, a witness has come forward saying they seen her there at that time

Classito

Inconsistencies just keep going....like the energizer bunny. There's one or two in every MSM article.

So the Dogwood Hills area of Batesville was mentioned on page 48 of the previous thread. There's a home for sale in that neighborhood (google) if anyone wants a general idea of what the area looks like. FWIW.

And hey, if you ever get hungry, you could just walk to the corner of Woodland and Hwy 6 to grab a burger and giant drink at Sonic. :thinking:

Here's yet another snip from a MSM article that conflicts with other statements made previously...

"Chambers says his ex-wife spoke to his daughter at 7:20 p.m., about two hours before she died. "
http://www.people.com/article/missi...death-jessica-chambers-told-police-who-did-it

I see the link is to People magazine (online) - often when a story reaches People or a similar, macro-scale people-news-gossip sort of publication, it seems like most sources used in writing the piece are secondary. If a few details are inconsistent I usually chalk it up to hasty reporting without checking multiple sources for more precise info.

This in contrast to, say, The Panolian or The Commercial Appeal (out of Memphis) - smaller, more local newspapers that have a smaller geographical focus but a broader range of topics (local news, business, sports, arts + culture, opinion, weather, etc). Not that they get it perfectly right all the time, but those writing are closer to the original source (not just geographically but likely in communication as well).

And hey, if you ever get hungry, you could just walk to the corner of Woodland and Hwy 6 to grab a burger and giant drink at Sonic. :thinking:

...do they hand-deliver chicken as well? ;-)

Seriously: Whether or not an arrest happens in the next week, month, year - I couldn't place a bet without feeling rather random about the timing. But I do think this case will be solved.

Whatever arrest transpires + when, with whomever, though, mark my words - I am going to hit up the Sonic the next town over for a Marlon Brando-sized milkshake to celebrate.

A point I'm not clear on. The quote I've heard was that she was going to "clean out" her car. The speculation I've heard has linked that statement to a car wash. Are we sure that's what she meant? I know that when I was that age, my car tended to be a repository for coffee cups, soda cans, McDonalds wrappers and all sorts of other trash. Instead of going to wash the car, might she just have been going somewhere where there was a dumpster where she could dispose of accumulated debris? Perhaps including stuff that she didn't want her parents to see (whether beer cans or something else)?

Would it be possible to include this on

Just got the street view of car wash five............

I'm so sorry guys, I didn't get around to adding the info as I promised. Life got a little crazy over the past couple months and I've fallen so far behind. I tried to catch up but just couldn't find the time. I have to go out again now, I will add all the info and update the map ASAP (hopefully before tomorrow is out) Can life slow down pls? lol I miss my sleuthin! And I miss y'all too!

Washing a car at night is sort of dumb. Cleaning out junk from the car makes more sense, especially if one is expecting to have a passenger later. Wouldn't it make more sense to plan to wash the car on Sunday, during the day? I think that she cleaned her car out in Batesville, which probably only took a few minutes. She could have cleaned it out at M&M, but obviously, preferred to go to Batesville. If she had dropped off Lisa's cigs on the way, Lisa would have questioned her about her plans. JMO

A point I'm not clear on. The quote I've heard was that she was going to "clean out" her car. The speculation I've heard has linked that statement to a car wash. Are we sure that's what she meant? I know that when I was that age, my car tended to be a repository for coffee cups, soda cans, McDonalds wrappers and all sorts of other trash. Instead of going to wash the car, might she just have been going somewhere where there was a dumpster where she could dispose of accumulated debris? Perhaps including stuff that she didn't want her parents to see (whether beer cans or something else)?

I think this is an excellent point. It doesn't seem that likely that a true car wash was her destination at that time of the day. Maybe she was just going to dispose of stuff at M&M or even use one of those coin-operated vacuums that some gas stations have? She might have intended to do that at M&M but then changed her mind after running into certain people.

Ok so I managed to grab a few minutes before I went out, and got the map updated! :)

Updated Map

Please let me know if I got anything wrong or missed anything off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni