Tim Bosma: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich chgd w/Murder; Christina Noudga, Accessory #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
There's stuff happening right now in court. I just got in and there are many tweets from Susan Clairmont right now. Will post stuff here since the other thread is still gone:

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 2h 2 hours ago
The surprises just keep coming at courthouse today. I'm now waiting on an appearance by Tim Bosma's accused killers, #Smich and #Millard.

Crown Tony Leitch has told me I may be excluded from courtroom if this is a judicial pretrial matter. #Bosma #hamont

Lawyers have just been called into chambers. #Bosma #smich #Millard #HamOnt

Lawyers back in courtroom. #Smich and #Millard are about to be brought in.

Justice Stephen Glithero, who will be the trial judge, is presiding.

Felled Millard is in prisoner's box. Hair is longer and greasier than I've seen before. Clean shaven. Looking to see who is in courtroom.

Wearing grey jacket. Will share box with Smich who is now here. He's wearing black and white striped shirt.

Glithero asking each to identify himself. Telling court they are going to discuss things that could be of a "controversial" nature.

usan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 1h 1 hour ago
Ordering today's hearing will be held in camera. Glithero spoke with me in front of court. Asked if I wanted to consult @thespec lawyer.

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 1h 1 hour ago
Even though I said yes, Glithero advised he was going ahead with today's proceedings regardless. And then I was dismissed.

Just to be clear -- all members of the public have been ordered to leave the courtroom. Including Hank #Bosma, Tim's father. #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 55m 55 minutes ago
All the lawyers are on a 15 minute break. Crown Leitch says judge has told them to go and talk. About what, I have no clue. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 20m 20 minutes ago
Lawyers going back into courtroom. And I'm still out in the hall...

There are other tweets between Susan and other reporters that you may want to read: https://twitter.com/susanclairmont

So what is going on? Was this a scheduled court appearance? Is this appearance because of Christina Noudga's choice to not have a prelim hearing? Is there a plea? Very very curious!

Is the case being fast tracked because Noudga is supposed to appear in court for pretrial motions in March?

Wow, matou, I wonder what is up.

It's pretty late in the day for so much excitement...after 5 pm...shouldn't they be calling it a day?

Glithero...[t]elling court they are going to discuss things that could be of a "controversial" nature.

Perhaps pleading on TB and LB?

The Conservatives are moving to make life mean life, without parole http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ole-shifting-legal-landscape/article22646714/

If they took a deal, 25 years to parole, that might be considered controversial.

Samantha Craggs ‏@SamCraggsCBC 5m5 minutes ago
I'm at a Millard & Smich court appearance but for some reason, the public isn't allowed in. No explanation given #HamOnt #sl

There's stuff happening right now in court. I just got in and there are many tweets from Susan Clairmont right now. Will post stuff here since the other thread is still gone:

The surprises just keep coming at courthouse today. I'm now waiting on an appearance by Tim Bosma's accused killers, #Smich and #Millard.

Crown Tony Leitch has told me I may be excluded from courtroom if this is a judicial pretrial matter. #Bosma #hamont

Lawyers have just been called into chambers. #Bosma #smich #Millard #HamOnt

Lawyers back in courtroom. #Smich and #Millard are about to be brought in.

Justice Stephen Glithero, who will be the trial judge, is presiding.

Felled Millard is in prisoner's box. Hair is longer and greasier than I've seen before. Clean shaven. Looking to see who is in courtroom.

Wearing grey jacket. Will share box with Smich who is now here. He's wearing black and white striped shirt.

Glithero asking each to identify himself. Telling court they are going to discuss things that could be of a "controversial" nature.

usan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 1h 1 hour ago
Ordering today's hearing will be held in camera. Glithero spoke with me in front of court. Asked if I wanted to consult @thespec lawyer.

Even though I said yes, Glithero advised he was going ahead with today's proceedings regardless. And then I was dismissed.

Just to be clear -- all members of the public have been ordered to leave the courtroom. Including Hank #Bosma, Tim's father. #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 55m 55 minutes ago
All the lawyers are on a 15 minute break. Crown Leitch says judge has told them to go and talk. About what, I have no clue. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont · 20m 20 minutes ago
Lawyers going back into courtroom. And I'm still out in the hall...

There are other tweets between Susan and other reporters that you may want to read: https://twitter.com/susanclairmont

BBM - That is highly unusual. They wouldn't typically do this because the accused can communicate with each other. And in court none the less, not via satellite. Are they ready to plead guilty?? Both accused would be privy to most if not all of the disclosure by now. JMO. :O

I have a feeling this has to do with Noudga. JMO

I think earlier someone had posted the court rule 28-05 where it says courtrooms need to be closed for pre trial conferences. Maybe they don't want to ignore court rules and bring the administration of justice into disrepute. Could be a possibility. JMO IMO

What could possibly be of a controversial nature in this case that would cause the public and reporters to be excluded from the courtroom?

Is court still on at 6 pm? Pretty strange.....

What could possibly be of a controversial nature in this case that would cause the public and reporters to be excluded from the courtroom?

hmm well I wonder what would be controversial - something that is or would cause a bit of a controversy. Maybe something that no-one has been expecting ? Maybe something that needs to kept quiet ? The mind boggles !

BBM - That is highly unusual. They wouldn't typically do this because the accused can communicate with each other. And in court none the less, not via satellite. Are they ready to plead guilty?? Both accused would be privy to most if not all of the disclosure by now. JMO. :O

How would pleading guilty be controversial? Aren't guilty pleas regular occurrences in courts?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
So...@thespec will be making an application to Justice Glithero asking to be allowed inside the court for the next date. #Bosma #hamont

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 51s52 seconds ago
Nope. Just that it was big. RT @lindseyglavaz: @susanclairmont @TheSpec so no speculation as to what happened today?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni