AL AL - Jason Sims, 15, autistic, Fairfield, 13 Feb 2015

If she has viral meningitis then she could be very confused. But surely police can confirm with the other children if they had an older brother who lived with them. These kids are 10-11 years old. They aren't non-verbal toddlers. So the police must believe that there was a 15 year old around. This is just so weird. I initially thought that maybe the 15 year old had died a long while ago, but the younger kids would have told police there were only 3 kids alive/living there.

You're right, and I keep forgetting the other kids are plenty old enough to tell LE when the last time they saw their brother actually was. Okay throw my theory out the window. Just so little to go on, it's hard to sleuth this one.

They need cadaver dogs over at the house they lived in during October, before they lived in this current home.

Here's why I'm confused..in the first article Chief Davis stated there were 4 kids but 2 didn't exist. Then a few sentences later the same Chief Davis is quoted saying 3 of the 4 kids were found at a relatives house. But the 4th hadn't been seen since...my question was since when? Are LE going by only the Mom or had the teen actually been seen by a credible witnes? The siblings are probably confused and scared so child protective services are probably working with them around the clock. What reason would a parent have to not let LE know where one of their children were and when they were hiding with a relative didn't that relative know exactly who all was staying at their house?

Nothing mentioned yet if the Dad asked for a lawyer. Anyone have anymore details about this?

Kdg411

Sadly, I can't help you on that one. I'm totally confused. It would almost seem to me that LE would have this figured out by now, but this story is.....wow.

Remember that family is clearly aware of at least 3 children, 1 of those having no birth certificate, school enrollment, etc. It makes perfect sense that LE is combing through every aspect of their lives. I would expect family, friends, neighbors from every residence they've inhabited (whether together or individually) and school personnel are all being interviewed.

They aren't probably aren't spending time updating media at the moment.

Me too, KJ's mamu.

Looking at the picture above, at one point this child was a healthy 4 year old. I don't know what's making LE say they're looking for a 60 pound 15 year old. Obviously - as always - they have information they're not releasing and is making the public unaware of where to look for clues.

I have a feeling one thing was reported by a parent (125lbs) and then the children are giving a more accurate depiction. I am definitely not convinced he is autistic, rather neglected and not treated as human, causing strange behavior. Most people who are 15, not allowed out of the house and probably kept chained up somewhere would have some issues! I feel so sorry for this little human who was never allowed to live life the way a child should!

So, at some point, someone who knew the family (or at least the parents and the two kids who were known) filed a complaint that prompted an investigation into child neglect.

"Authorities in October 2014 first began looking into child neglect claims with Sims' family. During that initial probe, Davis said, police were aware of two children - ages 10 and 12 - living in the home with the parents - Natasha Wright and Jason Sims Sr." http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/02/where_is_missing_15-year-old_a.html

Which causes me to wonder... who filed that claim? Was the person who filed the claim concerned about the two known children specifically, or did one or both of the children mention something about their older brother or younger sibling, which caused enough concern for someone (and God bless them, whoever it was) to file a claim?

From the same article:

"We are looking for a fragile 15-year-old child who probably only weighs 60 pounds,'' Pringle told AL.com today."

This is quite a specific description for a kid no one's ever even met, isn't it? I can only assume at this point, the siblings have told someone what he looks like. Maybe even mentioned he's smaller than the 9 year old? The mother gave his weight at 125 pounds, but apparently that's not true?

Just a lot of questions. :(

This reminds me of the Jarrod Tutko case. Another little boy no one knew existed, much smaller than he should have been, locked away in the attic until he died of starvation.

At least here there's still a hope that the boy will be found alive, but if he's truly so small, he's probably medically fragile and would not survive in anywhere but a good environment. It's very troubling.

Police search missing autistic teen Jason Sims' home, release age-enhanced photo
autistic-teenjpg-11a850c55eac86a7.jpg

Fairfield police, along with State Bureau of Investigation officers and a K-9 unit, this morning searched the home of a missing, autistic teenager. Police also released an age-enhanced photo of what Jason might look like today. Fairfield police chief Leon Davis referred all questions to the SBI.

Davis has previously said Fairfield police and the Department of Human Resources are conducting a joint investigation into Jason's disappearance. Authorities in October 2014 first began looking into child neglect claims with Sims' family.
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/02/police_search_missing_autistic.html

Thank you, los.

Now, shed 40 pounds off the kid in the picture, that might be more realistic. :(

Are both the 15-year-old and the 9-year-old considered autistic?

From an article: "But after further visits, Chief Davis says they learned of two more children, both autistic, who had never been enrolled in school and didn't have any medical records. “Because of the lack of medical records, we really don't know the condition of the child. From speaking to my investigator, the child had very little communicative skills. He really couldn't talk. He may be autistic as well,” Davis said." http://www.myfoxal.com/story/281051...king-for-missing-teen-believed-to-be-autistic

I tend to agree with what had been mentioned above about this not being an autistic child or children, but neglected children.

"Sims, who was never enrolled in school and has no medical records, is believed to be autistic. He has been missing since Jan. 1 and police say he may be in need of medical attention." http://www.myfoxal.com/story/28161201/fairfield-police-release-age-progressed-image-of-missing-teen

So, the 1st and not the 23rd as previously reported? Hmm...

That article also provides his birthdate as well - (well, if it really is his birthdate)

Jason Sims Jr. is described as African American, approximately 5'6” and 125 pounds, with black hair and black eyes. He was born on April 24, 1999.

Because the photo of Jason Sims Jr. sitting in Jason Sims Sr.'s lap kept giving me an uneasy feeling, as though I'd seen the face before (Jr's), I started looking in missing case reports. Does anyone else think he resembles a VERY strong likeness to Jyrine Kyese Harris?
jkh.jpgjasons.PNG

So much about this case makes NO SENSE at all.

One would think, since it was the mom who asked about him when she awoke from her illness, that she's concerned enough about him to tell LE everything she can, to find him. I mean, if she had any hand in his disappearance one would think the last thing she'd do is ask LE/medical staff about him as soon as woke up, right? When/where he was seen by which doctor that diagnosed him as autistic. Every single family member's name. The address they were at in October. If in fact never seen or diagnosed by a doctor, why she believes him to be autistic.

Then there's the dad. WHY would he be uncooperative with LE on the whereabouts of his own kid? Only one reason I can think of: he's done something to him and doesn't want to get charged for it.

I will assume professionals have interviewed the siblings and based on that, they may be convinced he is in fact autistic? Maybe they've all said such things as he doesn't speak, he rocks back and forth, needs help with hygiene, or whatever? Maybe the 9 year old has in fact been seen by a doctor (now) and is in fact autistic and the siblings have said their older brother is the same way?

:( So many questions, so many maybes and way too many not-knowns. I have a 14 yr old son. He's not autistic but good gravy, everyone in my family knows he exists, what he looks like, where he goes to school, etc. My heart just aches for this boy and I need him to be found and to be okay, wherever he is.

Because the photo of Jason Sims Jr. sitting in Jason Sims Sr.'s lap kept giving me an uneasy feeling, as though I'd seen the face before (Jr's), I started looking in missing case reports. Does anyone else think he resembles a VERY strong likeness to Jyrine Kyese Harris?
View attachment 69956View attachment 69957

The pronounced eyebrow arch (right side) of both images is quite similar. I'm not at all familiar with that case though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back