Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Lafayette show is on:
"Dear Fans: For 53 years you have given me your love, support, respect and trust," his statement began. "Thank you! I can't wait to see your smiling faces and warm your hearts with a wonderful gift — LAUGHTER. I'm ready!

"I thank you, the theatre staff (at Heymann Performing Arts Center), the event organizers and the Lafayette Community for your continued support and coming to experience family, fun entertainment. Hey, Hey, Hey -- I'm Far From Finished."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/02/25/cosby-says-hes-still-not-finished/23996119/

It says he's got a new PR firm and they've apparently toned down the God references.

Cosby says he's still 'not finished'

"Facing legal maneuvers and more show cancellations and postponements, embattled Bill Cosby issued a rare statement to fans mixing defiance, gratitude and cheery optimism about his future."

"It concluded with what has become his signature swipe at his multiple foes and woes since more than 30 women have come forward in recent months to accuse him of drugging and raping them in decades past:

"I'm far from finished."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/02/25/cosby-says-hes-still-not-finished/23996119/

I don't really care that much about whether his standup career continues or not; what I'd like to know is whether he's finished raping people.

I don't really care that much about whether his standup career continues or not; what I'd like to know is whether he's finished raping people.

I'm pretty sure he's not very far from finished at all. I doubt he'll be booking new shows. He'll appear for the shows he had booked prior to the avalanche of rape allegations. That is, he'll show up for the ones that aren't already cancelled. But I would be very surprised to see any new shows booked after this. His career is over, imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure he's not very far from finished at all. I doubt he'll be booking new shows. He'll appear for the shows he had booked prior to the avalanche of rape allegations. That is, he'll show up for the ones that aren't already cancelled. But I would be very surprised to see any new shows booked after this. His career is over, imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's not finished by a long shot. He has no charges against him. The cosby show is still on in syndication because I watched it yesterday to make sure it was not just a scheduling glitch.
There are many many of us who are going to have see some evidence that proves this to us.

He's not finished by a long shot. He has no charges against him. The cosby show is still on in syndication because I watched it yesterday to make sure it was not just a scheduling glitch.
There are many many of us who are going to have see some evidence that proves this to us.

Going on in syndication is small change compared to the shows he had booked that are cancelled, and the Netflix special that won't air. If he books little dribbles of shows here or there it will be a mighty fall and puny fraction of the success he would have enjoyed without all the revelations that have come out.

I think there are very few potential concert goers who are as swayed by the lack of formal charges as you are. But the upside for you, I guess, is that if he does miraculously manage to book any venues you'll be assured of getting good seats.

Of course if I am wrong and he's filling concert halls a year from now, I will be the first to admit you were right after all.

All in my own opinion, of course [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cosby's so done he's on the racks with the day-old bakery goods and nobody's buying.

Studies have shown, serial rapists will never be finished as long as they have an opportunity to rape.

On the other hand, I would think far fewer women would be willing to accept a drink from him today than would have been, say, a year or so ago.

My concern is this: Why is the word of one man worth more than the word of 20+ women?

snipped for focus

A lot of us have asked this question, in multiple forms, over and over.

In response: crickets.

Apparently a lot of people have no idea what Occam's Razor is. :wink:

My concern is this: Why is the word of one man worth more than the word of 20+ women?

It's worse than that I think... It's 30+ women at this stage.

And what word is that, even? He hasn't actually said the word, we are just assuming.

He hasn't actually said he's never drugged, raped or sexually harassed any of these women, he only said that a guy shouldn't have to answer to "innuendo".

So the imaginary word that we hypothesize that one man could theoretically have said but in reality he chose not to say is worth more than the actual word of 30+ women.

Cosby's law team is taking action.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/bill-cosby-asserts-defense-rights-778283

On Friday, Cosby's lawyers told a Massachusetts judge to dismiss a defamation claim made by three women on the basis that if he branded them liars in statements to the press, he was within his rights to make ""privileged utterances of self-defense."

Besides raising a defense that statements made are privileged, the memorandum addresses other reasons why the lawsuit arguably fails: The women weren't directly called "liars," some of the statements in question are said to not be "of and concerning" them, and there was supposed "substantial truth" to statements made about Traitz, with nods to her criminal rap sheet. Plus more as seen in the full document below.

http://theadvocate.com/news/11723897-123/bill-cosby-welcomed-with-cheers

Bill Cosby walked on stage Friday night at the Heymann Performing Arts Center in Lafayette to cheers and loud applause. On stage for nearly two hours, the 77-year-old comedian never mentioned the accusations of sexual abuse made against him by 25 women.

Friday’s performance proceeded without interruption, heckling or the protests that a pre-recorded, repeating pre-show announcement heard in the Heymann Center suggested could happen.

http://www.eurweb.com/2015/02/netflix-picks-up-a-different-world-despite-bill-cosby-scandal/
*Multiple sexual assault and drugging allegations against Bill Cosby is not preventing Netflix from adding “A Different World” to its list of programs.

The on-demand internet media company announced Tuesday (Feb. 24) that the classic spin-off of “The Cosby Show” is among its list of new releases for March 2015, theGrio.com reports. Created by Cosby, “A Different World” premiered in 1987 on NBC and aired for six seasons.

Bill Cosby’s performance in Augusta on Saturday night went on without interruption or reference by the 77-year-old comedian to allegations by a growing number of women that he drugged or assaulted them years ago.
Sara Youngblood of Ai*ken bought tickets for her husband’s birthday, saying she grew up with The Cosby Show.

“Even with all the rumors and stuff, he’s still a legend,” she said.

Aiken resident John Evan*ston defended Cosby.

“It’s just accusations until we’ve got evidence,” he said. “I kind of don’t think he did it,” although if he did, “burn him.”
http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2015-02-28/bill-cosby-delivers-comedy-no-drama

http://www.wtoc.com/story/28229464/bill-cosby-performance-in-augusta-amid-recent-allegations
"Bill Cosby has been an integral part of my life from the beginning," said Ranaldson. "You see a respectable black man as a doctor, his wife is a lawyer, and then all the kids going through things that kids go through, and the way they handled it. So it's good to see a good, positive spin on a black man."

But not everyone is happy about the show.

One woman who didn't want to be identified sent our staff messages on Facebook earlier today saying "As a survivor of an assault, I cannot be there, nor let my daughter think it's okay. My husband is very upset that the Bell is even going through with the show. They care more about money than people."

Yeah, Bill Cosby, embodies the positive spin on a black man

I expect that this will get its own thread at some point, but it does seem similar to the situation of the Cos.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dios-begin-drop-name.html?ito=social-facebook

The BC case also has some similarities with the trial of Rolf Harris (www.theguardian.com/.../rolf-harris-found-guilty-of-indecent-assault-live- reaction‎) in Australia and Jimmy Saville (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile_sexual_abuse_scandal), William Roach (www.usmagazine.com/celebrity.../william-roache-arrested-soap-actor- charged-with-raping-15-year-old-girl-in-the-1960s-201325), Ray Tenet (www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-30350179) and Stuart Hall (www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Stuart-Hall-charged-rape-14-counts-indecent-assault- alleged-offences-decade-period.html) in the U.K.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...licly-accuses-comedian-of-sexual-assault.html

Since allegations of sexual assault against Bill Cosby began mounting in November of last year, six Jane Does from accuser Andrea Constand’s 2005 civil suit against the comedian have come forward to publicly tell their stories. Today, a woman identifying herself only as "Patricia" joins that group as the seventh.

Speaking exclusively to Buzzfeed, Patricia claims that Cosby first sexually assaulted her at his family home in Shelburne Falls, Mass. in 1978 when she was 22. Now 58, Patricia says that Cosby wanted her “to pretend to be an elegant queen with oatmeal dripping all over her face” before she “started to feel weird from the drink” he had given her.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbake...rward-accusing-bill-cosby-of-rape#.duaBJebXvP

“The late ’70s and early ’80s were very different times than the culture in which we live at present,” Patricia said. “Powerful men were not challenged by women. I didn’t think anyone would believe me.”
Still, Patricia is only the seventh Jane Doe to tell her story to the press. (Dolores Troiani, Constand’s attorney, confirmed that Patricia was a Jane Doe witness for the lawsuit.)
Patricia is speaking out now because she wants to encourage the other Jane Does to come forward — even if, like her, they don’t want to use their last name or take photographs and “become part of the media circus.”
“You’re not alone,” she said. “You don’t have to keep this a secret anymore.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member