NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

If these people knew this abuse was going on, WHY WASN'T IT REPORTED????? I hope they spend many sleepless nights for their failure to help this little girl...:sick:

It would not surprise me if the son lies or is prone to violence, he was raised in that household and that is what he was taught. But he has admitted and owned up to the violence with Erica, that is more than what anyone else has done. Hope he has other family members who continue to help him.

I am surprised they are letting this out in court since they are not on trial for Erica being missing but I am glad they are. I wonder why it is continued until March 27th....wonder why the date is so far away?

Hitting a child with your fist? Bending fingers back till they break? I cannot imagine---I can only hope the same is done to them.

respectfully snipped

given the information that she was in such bad shape the last day and that SP used to routinely hit her in the head (a large grown man's fist and wasn't there something about a bloody hammer) she likely had a concussion or even a skull fracture. Poor child, they caused this all, poor Erica's scars, isolation, starvation, head injuries a reflection of how they felt about her.

It would not surprise me if the son lies or is prone to violence, he was raised in that household and that is what he was taught. But he has admitted and owned up to the violence with Erica, that is more than what anyone else has done. Hope he has other family members who continue to help him.

I am surprised they are letting this out in court since they are not on trial for Erica being missing but I am glad they are. I wonder why it is continued until March 27th....wonder why the date is so far away?

Hitting a child with your fist? Bending fingers back till they break? I cannot imagine---I can only hope the same is done to them.

BBM

Maybe due to the schedule of the attorneys and the judge?

Or this
The judge told prosecutors to file some additional paperwork next week.

:dunno:

http://www.myfoxcarolinas.com/story...ndy-parsons?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

The mystery here is not what happened to Erica, but how a child can be reported missing and the parents can get away with claiming she's with a person whose identity can't be verified. Surely there's got to be some way to track down this so-called "Nan" person or prove she doesn't exist. It shouldn't be that hard.

I mean, is it possible to kill a child and say she was sent off to live with a non-existent relative...and that's the end of it? No way to track her down or prove she's alive? I just recently started following this case, so maybe I'm missing something. If you can't tell police where your child lives when YOU sent them there, something's wrong. It's not like Erica ran away or was abducted. Where's the accountability?

This case is a good reminder of the importance of reporting child abuse whenever you suspect it. Erica was only 4-foot-something at age 15. She looked to be about 9 years old from the pictures shown on Dr. Phil. She was obviously malnourished and had head wounds and crooked, broken fingers. Why weren't these monsters reported to CPS? Or maybe they were and I just missed that part. Sheesh.

If I had my way, everyone who knew about the abuse and did nothing would be rotting in prison alongside the abusers.

Casey is STILL selling hedgehogs. She is going by the user name MaelynnDolph but the phone number is the same.Below is copy and pasted from an ad placed a few hours ago.
http://www.hoobly.com/1IzPE/hedgehog-babies-available-now.htm

Hedgehog Babies available NOW!

Hedgehogs Available. I have 2 males left both are 6 weeks old. One is a Salt and Pepper color. The other male is a very light cream color with brown eyes and brown nose, his color is very hard to find. Both are very sweet and friendly. We handle our babies everyday from 3 weeks old. They are litter box trained as well. They are $120 each. We do offer starter kits as well. Starter ks include the cage, exercise wheel, food dishes, water bottle, food, shavenings, and mealworms for $50. You can text me at 910-551-8010.

Listing Details
Price $120
Location Fayetteville, North Carolina
Category Hedgehogs
posted 3 hours ago
report ad
Member Details
Username maelynndolph
Joined 1 year ago
Last Seen 3 hours ago

The mystery here is not what happened to Erica, but how a child can be reported missing and the parents can get away with claiming she's with a person whose identity can't be verified. Surely there's got to be some way to track down this so-called "Nan" person or prove she doesn't exist. It shouldn't be that hard.

I mean, is it possible to kill a child and say she was sent off to live with a non-existent relative...and that's the end of it? No way to track her down or prove she's alive? I just recently started following this case, so maybe I'm missing something. If you can't tell police where your child lives when YOU sent them there, something's wrong. It's not like Erica ran away or was abducted. Where's the accountability?

This case is a good reminder of the importance of reporting child abuse whenever you suspect it. Erica was only 4-foot-something at age 15. She looked to be about 9 years old from the pictures shown on Dr. Phil. She was obviously malnourished and had head wounds and crooked, broken fingers. Why weren't these monsters reported to CPS? Or maybe they were and I just missed that part. Sheesh.

If I had my way, everyone who knew about the abuse and did nothing would be rotting in prison alongside the abusers.

Some of those pictures of her on acandyrose she looks dramatically skeletal thin. There's even a large difference between her at 12 yr in front of the christmas tree and those taken after one of her older in a white tee shirt she looks very starvation like. It's horrible to think what her last year must have been like.

Happy Birthday Erica!

:cake4u: :grouphug:

In court it was revealed that Erica had been diagnosed with hearing loss during the brief time she spent in public schools. The special needs designation meant that an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) would have to be filed with the state, but investigators say there has been no record of Erica filed in years. No tax records, no medical records, no request for government assistance of any type has been filed using Erica's name or Social Security numbers anywhere in the US since 2009, according to the FBI and the IRS.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/28182317/missing-teen-erica-parsons-turns-17-years-old

Things are finally unravelling for Casey and Sandy. My hope has been that the truth will be revealed by the Parsons children as mom and dad are unlikely to break otherwise. Now if only daughter B would abandon her mother and come forward it would add a lot to the case...

Crossing my fingers that the prosecutors will take the judge's hint...

The judge told prosecutors to file some additional paperwork next week.

... and file paperwork concerning murder charges. I was shocked but not surprised to learn how many extended family members witnessed Erica's abuse - and did nothing to stop or even report it.

Here's hoping for long awaited news on March 27!

An injury to the ear may cause temporary or permanent hearing loss. The structures of the ear are delicate and can be injured by a variety of forces, including:

SNIP

• A blow to the head. A blow may change the position (dislocation) of the three bones of the middle ear (ossicle dislocation), resulting in sound not being sent to the inner ear. A head injury may also cause aruptured eardrum (tympanic membrane perforation). Or a forceful blow to the head may damage the delicate nerves in the cochlea or in the brain.
http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/tc/ear-injuries-and-hearing-loss-topic-overview

So Erica can likely thank good ole Sandy for her hearing loss. As far as her being "slow" of having a learning disability, I am still waiting for official proof that disability ever existed and if it did, that it too was not caused by her continued and repeated abuse over the course of many long years.

ITA - I imagine Erica developed many "disabilities" at the hands of that abusive family. :(

And so much for Mr. Sandy I-don'-know-nothin'-cuz-Casey-took-care-of-everything Parsons. Seems like he played his own disgusting role in this tragedy.

When he came out of court Wednesday, Sandy Parsons told reporters, “No, I didn't abuse my children.”

Nope, he sure didn't abuse his children. SMH at his sneaky, snakey words. :snake:

Just like poor Sylvia Likens Erica paid for the anger, resentment, jealousy and greed that infested the Parsons family. I guess some things never change...

Another good synopsis of the testimony:

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_65a2b73a-b7b3-11e4-8566-f7a4207cf056.html

Five photos of Erica were also recovered from a computer in the home, she [Tara Cataldo, FBI case agent on the girl’s disappearance] testified – all of Erica standing in a corner on different days.
James Parsons said Erica was gone the next morning, and he never saw her again. His parents had left early that day, which was unusual – and came back that morning to the house after 9 a.m.

He was told that Erica had gone to live with her biological grandmother, but something didn’t seem right, he said.

“Mama looked normal. Daddy looked sick, like he was about to throw up,” James Parsons testified. “Mama went on her recliner with the computer. Daddy, it was a blank stare.”

WTH? Someone in the family took those pics of Erica standing in the corner! Evil, plain and simple.

I doubt they were just pictures focused on Erica. They were probably pictures of the natural children which featured Erica in the background nose to the wall on all these differing occasions. That girl was only barely photographed purposefully her entire life. I am betting she was simply background for the "real" kids in the foreground.

Why is it so hard to prove this "Nan" doesnt exist. they are saying she is the biological Nan so cant they just account for where her real grandparents are? am i missing something...
Also couldnt they pull her phone records for when she claims to have got this call? or do they not go back that far?
Its so incredibly clear what they have done, especially given the brothers description of her on that last night. she probably died of all the wounds she had and they just dumped her somewhere. god i hope she is found. only found this story today and its sickening.
Why on earth didnt the lady who got her for 8 months report something when casey took her back.

Well LE has already stated clearly that invisi"nan" the person desribed to be a bio grandmother to Erica does not exist. Her actual bio grandmother Casey and Sandy claimed they gave her to has been dead for a number or years. There next move was to state that the person they were led to believe was Erica's bio grandmotehr was a person sent by bio mother, Carolyn, to pose as that bio grandmother. So far they have laid the blame for Erica's absense on:

Erica
Their grown son
invisi"nan" bio grandmother
invisi"nan" non bio relative coached and sent by Carolyn, bio mom.

These people are the lowest of the low and despicable. They need to simply fess up and point to where this poor child's body is so her bio mother or someone can lay her to rest.

WOW, watching the video and seeing Casey and Sandy loose it--WOW Casey hits at a reporter while cameras are rolling. I can picture her with a child when no one was recording........... Casey pushes her daughter out of the way. They almost leave one of their own while trying to get away so fast.
Another good synopsis of the testimony:

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_65a2b73a-b7b3-11e4-8566-f7a4207cf056.html

Five photos of Erica were also recovered from a computer in the home, she [Tara Cataldo, FBI case agent on the girl’s disappearance] testified – all of Erica standing in a corner on different days.
James Parsons said Erica was gone the next morning, and he never saw her again. His parents had left early that day, which was unusual – and came back that morning to the house after 9 a.m.

He was told that Erica had gone to live with her biological grandmother, but something didn’t seem right, he said.

“Mama looked normal. Daddy looked sick, like he was about to throw up,” James Parsons testified. “Mama went on her recliner with the computer. Daddy, it was a blank stare.”

WTH? Someone in the family took those pics of Erica standing in the corner! Evil, plain and simple.

Casey and Sandy abused their own kids as well in ways. Telling them to hit Erica and such. That behavior being condoned by them very well could of been a factor resulting in the assaults that James was charged for. Not to mention at least James was said to of been traumatized by the abuse of Erica that his parents forced him and his siblings to take part in.

:bump: Bumping for Erica. Reminder: Casey and Sandy are scheduled for sentencing on March 27.

Judge Thomas Schroeder continued the sentencing until March 27. The couple face the possibility of decades in prison and steep fines.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article10602416.html

The article is an excellent read for anyone unfamiliar with this case. It explains why so many of us here demand justice for Erica. She was missing for over 18 months before a sibling (through adoption) finally reported her disappearance to LE. Her adoptive parents claimed Erica went to live with a fictional grandmother named Nan. Fictional because Nan doesn't exist.

Both parents were arrested and convicted in federal court for tax fraud, in part because they continued to receive funds for Erica though she no longer lived with them. During the sentencing portion witness testimony revealed information about Erica's horrific homelife, as outlined in the article.

The so-called parents may or may not ever face charges for Erica's disappearance but hopefully the federal convictions will put them behind bars for many, many years.

This article is just.. wow. Everything we all suspected, of course, but reading it all in one place rips the heart out.

There should be repercussions for people who notice abuse and do nothing about it. So many tales of children hurt or killed and someone comes forward and says "called it!" Absolutely infuriating. (and no words I could utter are enough for C+S.)

had to step away from this case and finally got my courage up to catch up
Erica, baby I am so so terribly sorry
she has to be some where,where did they put her

thank you God for my loving , generous 'adoptive' mama and daddy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members