Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/03/family-seeking-clues-in-missing--womans-disappearance

"The family of a missing Calgary woman hope a public appeal can provide information on her whereabouts.

Missing for a week, family members of 25-year-old Shannon Burgess say the disappearance of the aspiring actress and stand-up comic is out of character.

“It’s completely out of the ordinary,” said Erin Madill, the missing woman’s sister.

“She had all sorts of plans the weekend that she never showed up to — not just obligations, but fun things she was telling us she was looking forward to.”

Burgess was last seen on Nov. 26 by her estranged husband in Calgary".

Thread 1

Thread 2

1297637814768_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/03/family-seeking-clues-in-missing--womans-disappearance

Please continue here for Shannon

If the car and the cell phone were fond at home but her wallet and keys were not IMO it is possible that someone who had keys to the car or dumped her purse later drove her somewhere and returned with the car
So unofficial (as in not being relied upon?) that she was last seen by JB at 12:30 am November 27 ?

Just because I see this passport thing come up frequently and there is some confusion around it, I remember reading a post where they were in New Zealand on a trip in (I think?) 2012. Given most passports are 5 or 10 year commitments, it would stand to reason that SB would still have had a passport.

Whether she did or didn't have a passport, if she crossed the border with her passport as ID, wouldn't there be a record of that the police could and would trace?

Whether she did or didn't have a passport, if she crossed the border with her passport as ID, wouldn't there be a record of that the police could and would trace?

That would depend on whether a municipal police force checks with the federal border officials. I find it odd that 'vancouver' and 'toronto' are possible sighting locations, since both of those two airports are international in nature, too. SB could be anywhere. Maybe she went *back* to NZ? who knows! JMO

For those that may be just joining this thread more recently, I just wanted to mention that the comment SB last made on her FB in regard to funsies and knocked up, etc., was in jest I'm sure... because the fellow she was referring to is not really in the market for the female variety, it seems. So.... it doesn't make sense that the comment would have inspired jealousy, I don't think, imoo.

I find that a really odd thing for the newspaper to have written.... that 'officially' the last time she was heard from was Nov 26th. I wonder if that is more awkward reporting, or if that was really said? I'm asking just because Nov 26th.. ended at 12:00 midnight, and a half hour later she was last reportedly seen by her ex husband... so I wonder if some are kind of lumping it into the 26th since it was still kind of 'the night of the 26th'? If it means that JB's account is UNofficial, then wow, what is that REALLY saying? Could be that earlier on the 26th, because she was seen by more than one person at the same time, or more people than just one, they count that as 'official', whereas the one person's account at 12;30, they might not be able to count as official? Or..... something else?

Yes, this business of being "officially" last seen is questionable---it casts some doubt on JB last seeing her at 12:30am.
Also possible: maybe someone thinks they saw her log into some app after that? Or they chatted with her online?? Or there's activity on the phone/her computer after the 26th??

Surely investigators would have looked into border crossings? I guess we always 'assume' that police are doing all of these things, like checking social media, borders, phonecalls, etc., when in fact, perhaps in many cases they aren't doing those things at all, for whatever reason. In another case I follow (which also has no action, no searching, no social media, no updates, no reports, no nothing), the police were quoted in MSM to say 'they had even gone so FAR as so check his social media accounts'.. when here I was, thinking that was the most basic thing of ALL for police to do in a missing persons case. I was rather shocked.

If in Vancouver or Toronto, SB wouldn't have necessarily travelled by air. It would take a few days perhaps(?) to drive, but a few days had already passed by the time police said she may have travelled there. There should also be airline records, even if not crossing borders, if she had flown (surely they would check??). Somehow I don't find it that odd that there were reported sightings in those 2 major cities.. I would think there may be similarish looking women that could have been mistaken for her. It seems that LE often get false leads and mistaken sightings in a missing persons case?

I wonder why no reward offer, even now, if not previously... while it may create more work for LE, who knows, they might get that one good lead. Even if family had to set up a 'go-fund-me' account to fund the reward monies?

Yes agreed. When I was looking around last night... I was noticing that on some of the FB 'groups' which SB belonged to, on the posts, it will say 'seen by 25'.. and if you hover, you can see the list of people the post was seen by.. and everywhere that I looked, I couldnt' find anywhere after Nov 25/26 where SB had 'seen' a post. I'm thinking.... if one is a social butterfly, as I perceive SB to be.. even if she wanted to drop her life and just disappear... my bet is that she wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to have a peek at what she was missing every now and then.. and if she did that on her groups, she would be 'seen' to have 'seen' the post! But nothing! If anyone else finds a post written by someone on one of her groups after that date, which it lists SB as having 'seen', please let me know!

Wait............. when I think about this.... what you said about maybe someone thinks they saw her log into something.. or chatted online or whatever.. I recall recently in at least 2 separate cases of a 'missing person'... the 'last seen date' was stated, but then it was also stated that there was social media activity AFTER that date.. so... if that were the case with SB, I'm sure they would have reported that. And I can only presume that in those cases where someone is supposedly missing, but then social media activity is seen on his/her account after that time, police must not put as much weight or resources into searching for that person? I only hope that police went AS FAR as looking into her social media activity, and cellphone records, etc.

Unfortunately, my gut is telling me that she is no longer with us. MOO

Yes, this business of being "officially" last seen is questionable---it casts some doubt on JB last seeing her at 12:30am.
Also possible: maybe someone thinks they saw her log into some app after that? Or they chatted with her online?? Or there's activity on the phone/her computer after the 26th??

That would depend on whether a municipal police force checks with the federal border officials. I find it odd that 'vancouver' and 'toronto' are possible sighting locations, since both of those two airports are international in nature, too. SB could be anywhere. Maybe she went *back* to NZ? who knows! JMO

Waaay out there, but stranger things have happened, for the ultimate role playing....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/isis-r...nadian-woman-to-join-fight-in-syria-1.2970535

Surely investigators would have looked into border crossings? I guess we always 'assume' that police are doing all of these things, like checking social media, borders, phonecalls, etc., when in fact, perhaps in many cases they aren't doing those things at all, for whatever reason. In another case I follow (which also has no action, no searching, no social media, no updates, no reports, no nothing), the police were quoted in MSM to say 'they had even gone so FAR as so check his social media accounts'.. when here I was, thinking that was the most basic thing of ALL for police to do in a missing persons case. I was rather shocked.

If in Vancouver or Toronto, SB wouldn't have necessarily travelled by air. It would take a few days perhaps(?) to drive, but a few days had already passed by the time police said she may have travelled there. There should also be airline records, even if not crossing borders, if she had flown (surely they would check??). Somehow I don't find it that odd that there were reported sightings in those 2 major cities.. I would think there may be similarish looking women that could have been mistaken for her. It seems that LE often get false leads and mistaken sightings in a missing persons case?

I wonder why no reward offer, even now, if not previously... while it may create more work for LE, who knows, they might get that one good lead. Even if family had to set up a 'go-fund-me' account to fund the reward monies?
Was it reported as sightings? She "may be" in those areas based on witness accounts of previous conversations, or from information gleaned from the online accounts.

Yes agreed. When I was looking around last night... I was noticing that on some of the FB 'groups' which SB belonged to, on the posts, it will say 'seen by 25'.. and if you hover, you can see the list of people the post was seen by.. and everywhere that I looked, I couldnt' find anywhere after Nov 25/26 where SB had 'seen' a post. I'm thinking.... if one is a social butterfly, as I perceive SB to be.. even if she wanted to drop her life and just disappear... my bet is that she wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to have a peek at what she was missing every now and then.. and if she did that on her groups, she would be 'seen' to have 'seen' the post! But nothing! If anyone else finds a post written by someone on one of her groups after that date, which it lists SB as having 'seen', please let me know!

Wait............. when I think about this.... what you said about maybe someone thinks they saw her log into something.. or chatted online or whatever.. I recall recently in at least 2 separate cases of a 'missing person'... the 'last seen date' was stated, but then it was also stated that there was social media activity AFTER that date.. so... if that were the case with SB, I'm sure they would have reported that. And I can only presume that in those cases where someone is supposedly missing, but then social media activity is seen on his/her account after that time, police must not put as much weight or resources into searching for that person? I only hope that police went AS FAR as looking into her social media activity, and cellphone records, etc.

Unfortunately, my gut is telling me that she is no longer with us. MOO

I agree sadly. It's very very hard to *completely* disappear willingly unless you are a well-crafted, skilled con/criminal IMO. For an average, attractive girl it's hard to become a total ghost. The only way to fall off the radar where no one has physically seen you is to maybe possibly become homeless and live on the streets.

It's a sad thought to think - but unfortunately it seems most people walk on by those living on the street and consider them 'background' and faceless. So she might fall through the cracks there with being 'seen'. It's terrible how homeless folks are lumped into a 'generic' type social label and existence as if they don't exist. Even if Shannon was living on the streets, if her family or LE went postering and asking the homeless community if they've seen her, I believe it's a small enough world and most street people know each other and who's who - that they would've recognized her as a 'new person' in the community and would remember her. Again, just thinking aloud.

The press releases issued in Vancouver and Toronto were based on a lead - I assume someone told LE/family that she had talked about moving to those places.

I have read up on this case, and the big piece that is missing, to me, is JB's statement about the circumstance of that last sighting, and his justification why he didn't notice/report her disappearance until her relatives contacted him over 4 days later.

He had to give a reason that made sense, like, 'we had a fight and I left to live with my other girlfriend.' or 'she told me she'd found someone on OKCupid and was going to their place'.

Given the way the media/press conference was handled, whatever explanation he gave to the family was accepted at face value and yet has been kept quite private. We don't know what the explanation is and without that, everything is speculation.

... because the fellow she was referring to is not really in the market for the female variety, it seems. So.... it doesn't make sense that the comment would have inspired jealousy, I don't think, imoo.
<rsbm>

What'd I miss here or have I forgotten? She ended her funzies comment with saying she "missed Alliance" (and Alliance is the name of the Calgary LARP, not a specific individual that I'm aware of)

WRT the Vancouver/Toronto possibilities, I don't discount that it's an LE disinformation campaign to indicate they are looking far and wide and not in the immediate area.

FWIW, she misses 'the man...' first & forever...

https://www.facebook.com/shannon.madllyill?fref=ts

Yeah I know tara ... but she separates the two as if they are two different things. Otherwise, why not say "I will forever miss Alliance, the man who may or may not have ......"?

Bearing in mind it is the last thing she is known to have said on social media, IMO that first part still has a sting to it that doesn't seem characteristic of her regular 'funzie' writing style, and with reference to "whoring around" certainly smacks of something that couples might be at great odds over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304