VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of reminds me of another jury. The one in FL. Ok, I won't go that far and I'm staying positive but I'm just glad we have that Murder conviction over with.

That's what I was thinking. I feel that if they give her life, some of them must have believed Jodi's lies, her lawyers' lies, and the defense "so-called" experts' lies. Some of CA's jurors thought George Anthony had something to do with Caylee's death. Is this jury that gullible also? I sort of think so. In a few years, Jodi will feel like she's in a dorm in college. She knows how to get those girls to like her. Maybe she'll be Perryville's homecoming queen. I don't think this looks good.

If they do go home tonight I can't understand how they can decide not to deliberate tomorrow. How can they put the Alexanders through at least 3 more days of this? If I were on that jury I would have said to deliberate on the friday to get this over for everyone.

Jurors might not have anticipated getting the case this week and thus some may have already made plans in advance for this Friday.

Jurors laughing and smiling......I feel sick. So sorry for the family....must feel like stabs to the heart watching this.

I don't understand your post or some of the others. They were likely relieving stress and didnt even notice the Alexander's. These jurors have lives too. And families. Ask Det Flores about giving up so much for Jodi Arias!! The Alexander's understand this. I do too. The jurors are becoming close. That is a good good thing. Look at what happened in first trial. Some jurors didn't even try!! I love that they decided to bring food in. That way, the defense couldn't claim they were talking to media at lunch! During the trial I bet they found out one of them loves to cook and when she suggested bringing food they all shouted YES. Let's believe and be positive.

I see nothing wrong with this jury laughing, Travis' family and Juan Martinez were laughing earlier, I think it's a good sign. I really don't see anything wrong with this jury walking past Travis' family either. I pray this jury has made a decision and they are just going to enjoy there weekend, knowing they will be back Monday with their verdict, and dressed to give interviews.

Crock pots and cake pans.....laughing and smiling....3 day weekend.....

Doesn't sound like anything serious about deciding on the death penalty is happening! Jodi must be smugly smirking....

No kidding...this sounds very odd indeed.

Maybe a juror told a llama joke to break the tension? :giggle:

I dont give them a break, I didnt agree with the DT , judge etc dragging this along either so why should I stop complaining now? LOL They really need to give the Alexander family a break..thats who has suffered the most here.

Wow. You might have to walk in their shoes one day.

That DOES worry me. I don't trust that someone in Jodi's camp won't set up a juror to get them kicked off.

I do not believe in sequestering juries during trial but I think sequestering during deliberations may not be a bad idea.

I don't understand your post or some of the others. They were likely relieving stress and didnt even notice the Alexander's. These jurors have lives too. And families. Ask Det Flores about giving up so much for Jodi Arias!! The Alexander's understand this. I do too. The jurors are becoming close. That is a good good thing. Look at what happened in first trial. Some jurors didn't even try!! I love that they decided to bring food in. That way, the defense couldn't claim they were talking to media at lunch! During the trial I bet they found out one of them loves to cook and when she suggested bringing food they all shouted YES. Let's believe and be positive.

Though, it was a man I believe leaving with the crock-pot, good for him!

That makes sense. There's a little hallway from the jury room before they would have come out and seen the family in the elevator area. They would have had no reason to expect the family to be there as there was no verdict announcement.

Oh AZ! A voice of reason!!!! Thank you just isn't enough!

I do not believe in sequestering juries during trial but I think sequestering during deliberations may not be a bad idea.

That is an interesting proposition. Sequestering for 4-5 months would have been nutz!

Pooh Pooh I was hoping to come back to find they had decided.

I cant hardly wait another minute let alone more days.

Uggggg

I suppose its par for this course. This trial never gets anything done quickly.
Just hope its the right decision when they finally decide.

And hope all their spouses and girlfriends and boyfriends yell at them when they get home:
"WTH are you taking so long. This case is a No-Brainer"

I completely agree. I feel sad that the Alexander family supposedly saw them laughing and smiling but it wasn't their intention. It's not like the jurors left the room seeking out the Alexander family to smile and laugh in front of. It happened, it sucks, but I can't and will never judge these jurors. They are my fellow Americans who have a tough job to do. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now. They have a tough task to get through and I will respect the hell out of them no matter what the verdict ends up being.

Up thread, it appears this "jurors walked out in front of the Alexanders laughing" report is bogus.

See AZL Post #406 (above). (I'd be cool by doing multiple posts, but ... whatever. I'm an idiot :) You can figure it out, I hope?)

QUOTED POSTS IN #406:
Originally Posted by ~Lyric~ View Post
Real Truth ‏@hardtruth4real 4m4 minutes ago
@kinseyschofield Was the laugher from those #jodiarias jurors in front of the family?

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 3m3 minutes ago
@hardtruth4real NO, around a corner

AZL # 406 Response: That makes sense. There's a little hallway from the jury room before they would have come out and seen the family in the elevator area. They would have had no reason to expect the family to be there as there was no verdict announcement.

This has been a long trial with a lot of evidence. I'm glad that this jury is taking their time to thoroughly discuss the evidence. I've always felt it was disgraceful that both the OJ and CA juries seemed more interested in getting it "over with" instead of deliberating. The fact that this jury had a pot luck lunch and was laughing at the end of the day indicates to me that they haven't developed fractures within the group. I'm sure they never meant to disrespect the Alexanders by laughing, and wouldn't have done so if they realized that the family was there.

I wish they would deliberate tomorrow, but perhaps one or more jurors had work or child-care situations that couldn't easily be changed. It's better for them to keep a schedule that works for them and keeps them in the right frame of mind to work together cohesively. IMO

They worked really hard today, and hopefully Monday is the day!

So do I. But it's NOT because of this jury.

They're the ones who wait. As much as we care, justice means more to them than to any of us. I cry for their pain. They've endured so much. It should be about them...no one else. May justice come swiftly for them.

:thinking: so why did Jodi need her court clothes today?

I have full confidance in the Jury, maybe they are close in reaching a unanimous verdict (or have already decided) and need a little time to fully process their decision. I know I can sit here and type the words Death Penalty, but I would want to know 100% in my heart and mind that I made that decision for myself. I am stealth in my decisions so I would lead with my heart and pour through all of the evidence leaving not a nibble of doubt that I did the right thing. Keep your spirits up, and trust that these jurors will come back with the right sentence. :)

:cheer: (for CMJA and her 4 minions)

Rah rah ree,
Kick em' in the knee.
Rah rah ras,
Kick em' in the #*!.. *other knee*

Any bets that Lambie will have to start three more threads before the jury returns on Monday?

Thanks so much for moderating these conversations, Lambie. I think they are a wonderful way to erase geography and bring all of us who became involved with this case together to vent our opinions, to learn more about our fellow human beings, to support the family that has been shattered and rebuilt by the acts of one vindictive woman. The sharing of various points of view on these threads has been, to say the least, amazing. And without you, this would not have happened in the way that it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500