MO - Seven killed, one injured in Tyrone shooting spree, 26 Feb 2015

No kids? Could it have been a teacher or something (the school counselling part)?

Suspect may have gone on Missouri killing spree after finding mother dead, coroner says (St Louis Post-Dispatch)
Texas County Coroner Tom Whittaker told the Post-Dispatch that none of the victims is a child. There were three women and four men fatally shot, ranging in age from their early 40s to mid 60s. Authorities say several of the victims are related -- including a husband and wife -- but they haven't confirmed a connection with the gunman.

"We're speculating that he came home and found her deceased and then for whatever reason when on a rampage and started killing people," Whittaker said. "This is just so strange. Right now, with the shooter dead, we don't know. Is there something that sparked this? We're still in the information-gathering stage."

"At first I thought, I have three victims, then we keep finding more victims," he said. "It's kind of like, 'Oh gosh, what have we got here?' It's spread over miles."

im from MO, but not near Tyrone. Tyrone is a little town near other little towns.

There is industry nearby in Licking, MO - a Max Security Correcitonal Facility. Many, many people from the surrounding communities work in this facility. I had a job where I would have to visit these facilities and the Licking facility was very interesting. Everyone working there knew each other's family. I would be introduced to people with "this is officer X, he was married to my sister, and his aunt is my neighbor". It had a small town feel inside the walls. The inmates could feel that too. It was more laid-back in there. Friendlier if possible.

I am certain that this is not affecting just this town, but all the towns in a wide area. So sad.

What a bizarre story. What would possess someone to go on a murderous rampage after finding their elderly mother dead? This is definitely starting to give me the heebie-jeebies. Some sort of strange co-dependency between a mother and son? Yikes. Hopefully, the reports about the children are incorrect. Not that it's good that 7 adults were slain, but it breaks my heart even more when children are the victims of senseless violence such as this-- they haven't even really lived yet.

Of course, if these victims had children, those children have also become victims of this strange rampage. What a very sad story no matter what continues to emerge. :(

Tyrone is i) unincorporated and thus ii) tiny, and iii) is named after County Tyrone in Northern Ireland.

It does look tiny, I just looked it up .. it's basically like the town I live in by the looks .. ie a general store that serves as a post office and that's about it, a couple of streets with houses dotted around then rural .. this will be devastating because everyone would know each other quite well I'd assume and may have for generations .. https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x87d07e8416486cf1:0x2ca0230801c202e7

What a bizarre story. What would possess someone to go on a murderous rampage after finding their elderly mother dead? This is definitely starting to give me the heebie-jeebies. Some sort of strange co-dependency between a mother and son? Yikes. Hopefully, the reports about the children are incorrect. Not that it's good that 7 adults were slain, but it breaks my heart even more when children are the victims of senseless violence such as this-- they haven't even really lived yet.

Of course, if these victims had children, those children have also become victims of this strange rampage. What a very sad story no matter what continues to emerge. :(

Yeah, did everyone just get a Norman Bates vibe? Terrible.

Obviously he was very unstable and I feel like he's blaming the woman's death on the others so he went for revenge. Maybe she was ill and he thought they somehow added more stress to her life which caused her death to come earlier than he thought it would be?

JMO

Or finding her dead meant that the brakes were off and he could unleash his psychotic rage on the people he blamed for all his failures in life?

Or finding her dead meant that the brakes were off and he could unleash his psychotic rage on the people he blamed for all his failures in life?

Has it been released as to the cause of her death. Has it been completely ruled out that she didn't die of fright or heart attack from witnessing the other killings? Just a thought since we really don't know. jmo

Has it been released as to the cause of her death. Has it been completely ruled out that she didn't die of fright or heart attack from witnessing the other killings? Just a thought since we really don't know. jmo
I believe in one of the MSM links above, the coroner said she died of a heart attack. I assume a full autopsy will be completed on all the victims.

I believe in one of the MSM links above, the coroner said she died of a heart attack. I assume a full autopsy will be completed on all the victims.

She could have died of a heart attack because of him if he was raging at her too couldn't she?

The Highway Patrol identified four of the victims Friday afternoon: Garold Dee Aldridge, 52; Julie Ann Aldridge, 47; Harold Wayne Aldridge, 50; and Janell Arlisa Aldridge, 48.
The shooter was identified as Joseph Jesse Aldridge, 36, of Tyrone, a cousin of the four identified victims.

His mother, Alice L. Aldridge, 74, was found dead, apparently from natural causes.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/article11329577.html#storylink=cpy

I remember reading in a previous article that the elderly woman, presumed to be the murderer's mother, died as a result of an underlying medical condition which she was being treated or had been treated.
Here are a couple of recent articles:

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...iple-crime-scenes-in-rural-missouri/24110945/

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/possible-deaths-investigation-in-texas-county/21048998_31516904

"Garold Dee Aldridge, 52
Julie Ann Aldridge, 47
Harold Wayne Aldridge, 50
Janell Arlisa Aldridge, 48

Three victims’ names are not being released pending notification of next of kin.

The elderly woman is identified as Alice L. Aldridge, 74. Although her cause of death appears to be of natural causes, a post mortem examination will be performed tomorrow, February 28, 2015.

The shooter is identified as Joseph Jesse Aldridge, 36, of Tyrone, MO, and is the son of Alice Aldridge. He is believed to be a cousin of the previously named victims. A motive for the killings has yet to be determined."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back