GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Rebecca Watts
9542235-large.jpg

Concern grows for missing teenager Rebecca Watts
Concern is growing for a 16-year-old girl missing from the Bristol area since last Thursday. Rebecca Watts was reported missing after not returning to her home in St George, Bristol. Officers said it was "out of character" for her not to contact somebody if she had planned not to come home. Addressing his daughter at a police press conference, Rebecca's father Darren Goldsworthy said his daughter was too shy to even pay at a shop till alone and that she was "in no trouble at all". “She would not go and ask for anything or go to a till on her own - she was that kind of girl.

“This is why her disappearing is so out of character for her. "We just want to make sure you are OK," he said.
[video=youtube;Ui3uv_bqgRk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui3uv_bqgRk[/video]
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-31588003
Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Dad-mi...tory-26074650-detail/story.html#ixzz3SgMIDVsb
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Poli...stol-missing/story-26074427-detail/story.html
_81191462_81191461.jpg

Rebecca's father Darren Goldsworthy appealed for her to get in touch with the family
9542657-large.jpg
9542660-large.jpg

Thread 1

Two Held Over Missing Teen Becky Watts

The arrests follow the discovery of a discarded laptop in woodland close to where the missing teen was last seen over a week ago.

The grey Toshiba, uncovered by volunteers who joined over 100 friends and family scouring the area, has been handed to investigators.

So it was a Toshiba, wish we knew what make Becky's laptop was!

I'm really surprised how little news there is on twitter or in the MSM about who's been arrested. Not even a gender or an age. The police really are keeping it underwraps

I'm really surprised how little news there is on twitter or in the MSM about who's been arrested. Not even a gender or an age. The police really are keeping it underwraps

I really believe that's because its close to home, so to speak. I can't think of any other reason why they would without basic info like sex/age, they haven't even released that info to the family I don't think. If it was minors I would've thought they would've at least said that. x

I don't see any comments from the family about the arrests, all very strange!

In light of what happened in the Yeates case with Christopher Jefferies this is not a surprise. Remember it's the same regional force that's dealing with this, they learnt their lesson the hard way.

It was mentioned early on that the family thought she was meeting up with her boyfriend so it could be likely that she had already mentioned she was getting ready to go back out and they heard the door/music thing later on and thought nothing of it. I doubt most people think these little things are important at the time.

In light of what happened in the Yeates case with Christopher Jefferies this is not a surprise. Remember it's the same regional force that's dealing with this, they learnt their lesson the hard way.

I said as much earlier. Although the police only gave an age and a gender, as is usual: they did not name Mr Jefferies. It was the media who named and libelled him. A&S police will not trust them again.

It was mentioned early on that the family thought she was meeting up with her boyfriend so it could be likely that she had already mentioned she was getting ready to go back out and they heard the door/music thing later on and thought nothing of it. I doubt most people think these little things are important at the time.
We don't even know yet if she DID meet up with him. We'll know something tomorrow I bet.

Will the fact that tomorrow is Sunday mean things are slower or will the investigation and press keep on informing the public?

We don't even know yet if she DID meet up with him. We'll know something tomorrow I bet.
In earlier reports it was said that the boyfriend came to the house on Thursday afternoon (possibly around 4pm) to look for her after she failed to respond to his messages.

If that time is correct then that may be the point that they first tried to report her missing. The family said they were told to wait 24 hours before they could report her missing. If they took that literally it ties in with the timing of the missing report made on Friday afternoon.

They have to let the two arrestees loose tomorrow, right? I predict no rest for the weary.

In earlier reports it was said that the boyfriend came to the house on Thursday afternoon (possibly around 4pm) to look for her after she failed to respond to his messages.

If that time is correct then that may be the point that they first tried to report her missing. The family said they were told to wait 24 hours before they could report her missing. If they took that literally it ties in with the timing of the missing report made on Friday afternoon.
Did he speak with someone in the home? Did they invite him in? What was the conversation?

I realize we don't and probably won't receive any of these answers, but it all sure is curious.

I said as much earlier. Although the police only gave an age and a gender, as is usual: they did not name Mr Jefferies. It was the media who named and libelled him. A&S police will not trust them again.

Yes, that's very true.

Just something that caught my eye, was in the related threads at the bottom is about Oliwia Gogolinska. There's hardly any information about the case, but she disappeared on the 11th Feb and was found on the 15th. She lives in Pucklechurch, which is 15 mins drive from Becky, accordingly to Google Maps. Is there any information about where Oliwia was found? I'm probably grasping at straws, but it seems strange that two girls can go missing within a week of each other and so close.

They have to let the two arrestees loose tomorrow, right? I predict no rest for the weary.
They can keep them for much longer than that.

Initially it's 24 hours but for serious crimes they can be held for up to 96 hours.

A Police Superintendent can authorise an extension up to 36 hours (12 more than the initial 24).

After that they need to go to court to get further extensions up to a total of 96 hours (including the 36 hours).

They don't usually use up all that time in one go.

Yes, that's very true.

Just something that caught my eye, was in the related threads at the bottom is about Oliwia Gogolinska. There's hardly any information about the case, but she disappeared on the 11th Feb and was found on the 15th. She lives in Pucklechurch, which is 15 mins drive from Becky, accordingly to Google Maps. Is there any information about where Oliwia was found? I'm probably grasping at straws, but it seems strange that two girls can go missing within a week of each other and so close.
An incredible number of people are reported missing all the time, the vast majority receive no media attention. Based on the population of Bristol vs UK total and estimates that over 250,000 people are reported missing each year that works out at roughly 5 missing people each day. Won't take many days before 2 of those people are of the same sex and age group.

Thanks for the new thread CP! :tyou:

Marking my spot and heading to bed.

#FindBecky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads