MO - Seven killed, one injured in Tyrone shooting spree, 26 Feb 2015

so no children died?

Not according to everything that I have seen and read. All victims are in their 40's-60's, according to the local news reports. A 10 year old child of 2 of the victims slept through their murder, he thankfully heard nor saw anything, and a 15 (IIRC) year old girl heard gunshots in her home and fled to her neighbors in her nightgown and bare feet, and called the police from there. Her parents were found deceased.

This is just so sad and strange.

So his mother dies of a heart attack, and he then goes and shoots his 4 cousins? :waitasec:

This is just so sad and strange.

Yes it is. If I were to make a wild guess, I would speculate that meth was involved in this scenario somehow, either in the past or present. Missouri is after all a part of the 'meth belt', and these sad, rural towns, often fall victim to meth, be it by usage or manufacturing. I could be wrong, and this is strictly MOO.

Gunman and 5 victims identified in Southern Mo. massacre
(Fox-4, Kansas City, MO).

Five of the nine people found dead late Thursday night and early Friday morning after a string of murders in Tyrone, Mo., in Texas County have been identified by authorities. Texas County is 260 miles southeast of Kansas City and 210 miles due south of Jefferson City.

According to a news release from Texas County, the victims are:

Garold Dee Aldridge, 52
Julie Ann Aldridge, 47
(These two are husband and wife.)

Harold Wayne Aldridge, 50
Janell Arlisa Aldridge, 48
(These two are also husband and wife.)

The names of the other three victims are not being released until family is notified. The gunman is identified as Joseph Jesse Aldridge, 36, of Tyrone, Mo.

Who were the "5" victims? I see four and I don't think the mother (or the gunman) should count.

Gunman Kills 7 in Tyrone, Mo., and Tiny Town Is Reeling (New York Times)

Officials did not identify the other victims. But neighbors said that the three who were killed were a married couple and the husband’s father, and that the husband’s mother was shot, but survived. They said the older couple owned the local cabinetmaking business, and that Joseph Aldridge had recently been turned down for a job there.

“It’s tore up this community,” said Kenneth Hall, a Tyrone resident. “I think I’m just in shock. One of the ones that was killed, I just seen him last night.”

Joseph Haemker said, “At least two of the people, they’re right across the street from me — it doesn’t seem real.”

Yes it is. If I were to make a wild guess, I would speculate that meth was involved in this scenario somehow, either in the past or present. Missouri is after all a part of the 'meth belt', and these sad, rural towns, often fall victim to meth, be it by usage or manufacturing. I could be wrong, and this is strictly MOO.

I saw where he'd been busted for having a gun when he was stoned and was busted for both. But wherever I saw that failed to mention anything about meth, coke or anything else like that.

Gunman kills 7, commits suicide, in house-to-house rampage (Chattanooga Times Free Press)

John W. Shriver, 72, of Tyrone, said he discovered the bodies of two of the victims after getting a call Thursday night from a screaming relative who had been wounded in a shooting that killed her husband. Shriver said he found a man and his wife unresponsive on their bedroom floor and alerted law enforcement.

Shriver said the couple's 13-year-old son slept through the killings and that he took the teen to his home after the bodies were found.

"Everybody is kind of just dazed I'd guess you'd say," said Shriver, adding the killer "didn't have much to do with people" and "kind of stayed to himself."

This is just so bizarre but somehow I think there was possibly a parting of ways because of some type of land family feud. His mother may have inherited part of her parents estate/property with the other siblings having equal shares. It may be written if one was to pass away the other siblings would now be the owners of that land. Or his mother herself may have passed her part back to her siblings if she had a Will. With her dying he would think he was going to be kicked off the land and out of the house, maybe. She may have felt if she Willed it to him he would lose it.

So many times when something like this happens between families it is all about greed and anger that someone didn't get a share of what they thought they were entitled to have. Or maybe the other siblings inherited the family land and his mother was allowed to live on it for free until she passed away since she was much older than her two brothers.

Its like he felt once he knew his mom was deceased things were going to drastically change for him. If he didn't work then he knew he would have to get out and get a job and may have thought he was going to get booted out of the house and off the property.

Just speculation on my part and nothing more.

IMO

What a bizarre story. What would possess someone to go on a murderous rampage after finding their elderly mother dead? This is definitely starting to give me the heebie-jeebies. Some sort of strange co-dependency between a mother and son? Yikes. Hopefully, the reports about the children are incorrect. Not that it's good that 7 adults were slain, but it breaks my heart even more when children are the victims of senseless violence such as this-- they haven't even really lived yet.

Of course, if these victims had children, those children have also become victims of this strange rampage. What a very sad story no matter what continues to emerge. :(

There have been mass murderers who have killed after a parent died.
Larry Gene Ashbrook-Mother Died, Wedgwood Baptist Church Massacre
David Malcolm Gray-Both Parents Died, Aramoana Massacre
Patrick Henry Sherrill -Mother Died, Edmond Post Office Shooting

Obviously he was very unstable and I feel like he's blaming the woman's death on the others so he went for revenge. Maybe she was ill and he thought they somehow added more stress to her life which caused her death to come earlier than he thought it would be?

JMO

I guess we'll see in the coming days what caused him to do this, but my first thought was perhaps he felt these family members in his mind weren't caring for her in the way he was or something along those lines. What a terrible tragedy.

Yes, I'm guessing he threw a snit at what his twisted mind perceived as the unfairness of it all and, in the U.S., a snit too often culminates in the use of easily acquired weapons of death; and in murder; and sometimes in mass slaughter.

I saw where he'd been busted for having a gun when he was stoned and was busted for both. But wherever I saw that failed to mention anything about meth, coke or anything else like that.

I saw that as well. I have no facts to back up my assumption, and as I stated, I could be wrong. It's just my opinion/experience, that in situations like this, serious mental health issues combined with mind altering drugs can play a part. I do recall reading in an article previously posted that the murderer had gotten involved in drugs, and that he was acting 'too strange', saying things that made no sense. Weed doesn't really explain that behavior, IMO, but, I could be wrong!

Pictured: The loving parents killed in Missouri mass shooting by gunman who shot dead seven after being turned down for a job

Nine people are dead in Texas County, Missouri, at four separate sites

Gunman Joseph Aldridge, 36, is cousin to two of the victims

He killed seven - four relatives and three neighbors, before taking own life

Victim Darrell Shriver, 68, may have refused Joseph Aldridge a job

Family of shooter and victims were in a feud for years, resident says

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shot-dead-seven-turned-job.html#ixzz3T9PoJVXu

Pictured: The loving parents killed in Missouri mass shooting by gunman who shot dead seven after being turned down for a job

Nine people are dead in Texas County, Missouri, at four separate sites

Gunman Joseph Aldridge, 36, is cousin to two of the victims

He killed seven - four relatives and three neighbors, before taking own life

Victim Darrell Shriver, 68, may have refused Joseph Aldridge a job

Family of shooter and victims were in a feud for years, resident says

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shot-dead-seven-turned-job.html#ixzz3T9PoJVXu
Okay they're thinking that may be the reason for this man and his wife's death, but why his cousins?
I just think there is so much more to this story than we will probably ever hear.

I have someone in my family that I've had my eyes opened to and almost cringe every time I hear his name. I keep waiting for something like this to occur but think it will be after his father passes or his wife divorces him. It's scary what they come up with in their minds and start believing themselves. So far out there, scary rages, etc. I just keep thinking this is probably what this monster was like as well. Would love a full story.

JMO

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-29...ooting-gunman-shot-dead-seven-turned-job.html

It was known in the town that Aldridge's family and the Shrivers had been feuding for years, a resident of nearby Summersville told Daily Mail Online.

Darrell Shriver's wife Martha, 67, was wounded and hospitalized with serious but stable injuries. She is expected to survive.

So this perp was refused employment ? Gee, I wonder why ? *major sarcasm*
Who wants to hire someone if they even have the slightest notion that the person might be unstable ( in a violent and dangerous way ) ? No one wants that kind of person working for them -- especially if they are responsible employers and are looking out for the well-being of the other workers.

As far as the feud, no one will probably ever know and if this perp had acted out before ( albeit in a lesser manner) , maybe there was a reason for the feuding ?
The survivor may be able to shed light on what the perp may have been thinking. All that I know is he showed his true colors, no matter what his grievances were.
My heart goes out to those survivors ; for them life will be so much harder now.
:moo:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-29...ooting-gunman-shot-dead-seven-turned-job.html

It was known in the town that Aldridge's family and the Shrivers had been feuding for years, a resident of nearby Summersville told Daily Mail Online.

Darrell Shriver's wife Martha, 67, was wounded and hospitalized with serious but stable injuries. She is expected to survive.

So this perp was refused employment ? Gee, I wonder why ? *major sarcasm*
Who wants to hire someone if they even have the slightest notion that the person might be unstable ( in a violent and dangerous way ) ? No one wants that kind of person working for them -- especially if they are responsible employers and are looking out for the well-being of the other workers.

As far as the feud, no one will probably ever know and if this perp had acted out before ( albeit in a lesser manner) , maybe there was a reason for the feuding ?
The survivor may be able to shed light on what the perp may have been thinking. All that I know is he showed his true colors, no matter what his grievances were.
My heart goes out to those survivors ; for them life will be so much harder now.
:moo:

Sounds like an injustice collector.

This is just so bizarre but somehow I think there was possibly a parting of ways because of some type of land family feud. His mother may have inherited part of her parents estate/property with the other siblings having equal shares. It may be written if one was to pass away the other siblings would now be the owners of that land. Or his mother herself may have passed her part back to her siblings if she had a Will. With her dying he would think he was going to be kicked off the land and out of the house, maybe. She may have felt if she Willed it to him he would lose it.

So many times when something like this happens between families it is all about greed and anger that someone didn't get a share of what they thought they were entitled to have. Or maybe the other siblings inherited the family land and his mother was allowed to live on it for free until she passed away since she was much older than her two brothers.

Its like he felt once he knew his mom was deceased things were going to drastically change for him. If he didn't work then he knew he would have to get out and get a job and may have thought he was going to get booted out of the house and off the property.

Just speculation on my part and nothing more.

IMO
I think a lot of people could feel a normal or momentary greediness or anger when a relative they are inheriting from dies and they do not get what they think they are due. You could even bring a lawsuit or just refuse to be involved with a group of people you no longer trust or care for. To me, for something like this to happen, this means this guy has a perhaps undiagnosed or unmedicated mental illness or some drugs or alcohol was involved. RIP. Prayers for the towns and all people affected, especially the surviving children.

I do not know the family, but I shared the same 4th great grandparents as the killer and his two cousins. They are my 5th cousins. It's distant, but it still sent chills up my spine. I had a hard time sleeping after figuring out this connection. I just happened to see this on the news and thought the names sounded familiar. Tyrone is a very small town. Having worked on my family tree for quite some time, I knew I had to be related to most, if not all the people.

Such a sad thing to happen to these poor people. And by a relative...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back