GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be more focused on where the car has been though, which doesn't sound good to me at all. :(

I would be curious to know if the family recognize the car as belonging to a family friend or acquaintance. Or indeed either of those arrested, if that info has got back to the family locally.

It doesn't read there is any more focus on where the vehicle has been as to who has previously owned it. I think that's probably more you're assumption of it though.

This case is so frustrating....and mystifying! Where is that poor girl? :(

It's become difficult to sleuth because I think we were all going in one direction and then we got pulled in 3 different directions. We have been left "flat footed" and can't put the pieces together because so much information is missing. I asked a question earlier about British Law regarding searches because I was trying to decide if all these searches were as the result of solid evidence and probable cause. I was thinking that LE was just minutes away from concluding the case but now I'm not sure.

Who has been arrested? We have no idea. Did they live at the homes that are being searched or did the arrested parties send them there to search?

Did something happen to Becky at the hand of someone she knew or was it a crime of opportunity (which is plausible) as another poster suggester earlier?

We have no direction and that makes it difficult.

The bottom line is that Becky needs to be found and returned to her family however that may happen.

I would think the first thing the police would've done is ask the fam if they recognised it, wouldn't they? xx

Yes but as the police haven't told me the family's answer I am curious about it. :thinking:

It's become difficult to sleuth because I think we were all going in one direction and then we got pulled in 3 different directions. We have been left "flat footed" and can't put the pieces together because so much information is missing. I asked a question earlier about British Law regarding searches because I was trying to decide if all these searches were as the result of solid evidence and probable cause. I was thinking that LE was just minutes away from concluding the case but now I'm not sure.

Who has been arrested? We have no idea. Did they live at the homes that are being searched or did the arrested parties send them there to search?

Did something happen to Becky at the hand of someone she knew or was it a crime of opportunity (which is plausible) as another poster suggester earlier?

We have no direction and that makes it difficult.

The bottom line is that Becky needs to be found and returned to her family however that may happen.

My thought is that the Wilton Close search is linked to the Vauxhall being outside the house, which might not necessarily have anything to do with the people who rent the house.

The Barton Hill search did not begin until Sunday , so I am thinking that neither of the detained people live at that property - surely the search would have begun Saturday if that was the case.

Five cars now parked in Cotton Mill Lane

Five police cars are now parked in Cotton Mill Lane.

The entire street has now been cordoned off my police.

A team of eight forensic experts are searching a modern terrace house with a huge blue police tent erected in the back garden.

Neighbours say a young couple live there with a girl, aged two or three.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rebecca-watts-live-updates-search-5257234

According to the Mirror updates the police have now closed down the entire street in Barton Hill and there are five police cars outside. It seems they're focusing their attention there...

My thought is that the Wilton Close search is linked to the Vauxhall being outside the house, which might not necessarily have anything to do with the people who rent the house.

The Barton Hill search did not begin until Sunday , so I am thinking that neither of the detained people live at that property - surely the search would have begun Saturday if that was the case.

BBM, do we know that for sure? They were there searching all day yesterday, it was so frustrating waiting for MSM to catch up but that tent was up in the back garden at CML all day yesterday per photos on twitter.

And good morning/afternoon peeps :)

According to the Mirror updates the police have now closed down the entire street in Barton Hill and there are five police cars outside. It seems they're focusing their attention there...

Does anyone else get the feeling they may have found what they're looking for? x

That yard looks completed fenced in. That would make it hard for anyone other than the occupants to bury anything back there.

BBM, do we know that for sure? They were there searching all day yesterday, it was so frustrating waiting for MSM to catch up but that tent was up in the back garden at CML all day yesterday per photos on twitter.

And good morning/afternoon peeps :)

Very true ....... it was not reported until Sunday, but they could have been there on Saturday , before press caught up

I also saw the tent piccy ( the private one put up yesterday ) which I am sure I saw yesterday AM, but that tweet seems to have disappeared now...

Very true ....... it was not reported until Sunday, but they could have been there on Saturday , before press caught up

I also saw the tent piccy ( the private one put up yesterday ) which I am sure I saw yesterday AM, but that tweet seems to have disappeared now...

It's still there, I just checked and the yep, time on it is 8:13 am

Still there, tweeted at roughly 4pm yesterday. Although 8.13am date stamped.

The Daily Mail's wording in their update today made me think ...it was something like "Police have not revealed the age or gender of those under arrest" and I had a sudden thought...what if it's girls? We're all thinking it must be a man or boys....but really, girls today are more than capable of some heinous acts and Becky is a more than averagely pretty girl...she's beautiful. I hate to speculate really but it just made me think the Mail know more than they can reveal and reading between the lines etc...

Is the large presence due to fact they are searching a Trading Estate and not just the house..... one of those articles ( sorry cant remember which one now ) mentioned the Estate behind the houses ?

Sorry edited to add, it is on JonKay's twitter feed, the comment about the Trading Estate........ people keep knocking on my door and disturbing me while I'm trying to post on here !

The Daily Mail's wording in their update today made me think ...it was something like "Police have not revealed the age or gender of those under arrest" and I had a sudden thought...what if it's girls? We're all thinking it must be a man or boys....but really, girls today are more than capable of some heinous acts and Becky is a more than averagely pretty girl...she's beautiful. I hate to speculate really but it just made me think the Mail know more than they can reveal and reading between the lines etc...

I would be amazed if the press ( at least some of them ) are not aware of exactly who is under arrest .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member