VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow JA has really gotten under people's skin. She is so not important.

What are those bubbles she now has under the skin of her face? This is not like normal aging.....it looks like something else.

her inside ugly is finally seeping to the surface. what a shame...

The thing is though, that Perryville Maximum security will already have a "Queen Bee" prisoner in there who isn't going to just budge over because CMJA arrives. There will be plenty of women who will not take kindly to having their grammar corrected and being looked down on by CMJA. I think general population will be tough for CMJA.

The only reason the killer is the "Queen Bee" at Sheriff Joe's place is because she's been there for damn near 7 years. I'd say its pretty uncommon to remain in a county jail that long.

To me ...all they need to do now is put up the autopsy photos next to her mitigating factors. .. pretty simple.

I think Jodi has completely lost her looks. Compare the pics with Travis, she was a vivacious young blond. Age, pressure, the lonely stay at jail and lack of commissary cosmetics have taken their toll. She is now just a middle aged, not so attractive, MURDERER that we are all waiting for LWOP or Death. There is no rehabilitation for her no matter how long and who provided therapy. She just has an "abnormal Brain"(quoting Nurmi)
. That hopefully we will never see again in our lifetime.

Ok, so now, who thinks today and who thinks tomorrow?

I'm willing to wait it out at least until the 12th March as long as they come back with the Death Penalty. The is the convicted murderers Mother birthday I think.

It's not revenge. It's justice for a heinous crime. Sentencing someone who committed a crime is justice, not revenge.

ITA! It is about sentencing someone appropriately based on how heinous the crime was they have committed. Our laws are not about revenge ....they are all about punishment.

I am sure the subject of the death penalty came up among Travis and his large family. It usually does. The siblings are very comfortable with wanting JA to be sentenced to death. They have to know that Travis was pro-death penalty.

That case was an anomaly. The majority of Florida jurors are actually hard on criminals.

They have gotten it right a thousand more times that the Pinellas clueless got it wrong.

I respectfully disagree there have been a Number of high profile cases in Florida that have had just as bizarre verdicts. Like convicting a man for three attempted murders by gunshot but not convicting the man of murder of the kid be actually shot and killed. In my opinion jurors in Florida are incredibly unpredictable

Wow JA has really gotten under people's skin. She is so not important.

No. What she did to Travis is what is important. None of us really gave a carp about her as a person. However, we do want justice to be served for the horrible crime that she committed. There is a difference. When one sees evil one usually has a strong reaction to it. Unless of course one is as evil as the evil they are looking at/watching.

MOO

I have been an observer on this website since the beginning of the 1st trial and while I only registered last week, I still hesitated to comment. Your comment, BetteDavis, has finally prompted me to join in.

Many strong opinions are located on this board and I was beginning to wonder if the majority that I have read reflected the mindset of a typical juror and that thought terrified me more than the thought of Jodi Arias receiving a life sentence over death.

Thank you. :blowkiss::blowkiss: Thank you for restoring my faith in every day people being able to witness a trial such as this and compartmentalizing their personal feelings for the defendant while viewing the proceedings with impartiality and what I believe is a true ability to render a verdict according the instructions they have been given. I would hope many of us (disclosure: born and raised in Arizona, support the death penalty and am probably all of 3 miles away from the courthouse as I type this) would be able to go into a jury room and make a decision based on the evidence presented, not what we secretly know we would want if we were in the Alexander's shoes. IF hung, this is the SECOND time a jury has come back with the inability to sentence her to death. Why the assumption is automatically one of stealth jurors, or what I am guessing are reasonably intelligent and professional citizens being 'hoodwinked' by a 'slimy' defense team or Arias manipulations for the second time is confusing to me. IMO, the reasonable assumption would be that the state failed to present the evidence that we should require in order to reach a verdict of that magnitude.

Now, with that said, I can't thank all of you enough for the perspectives, the knowledge and the thought provoking posts that you have unwittingly been sharing with me for well over a year.
:hills:[/

I disagree . I think the persecution was unable to present its case due to the bias of the judicial in charge. I also think many people have reservations about putting a female to death. Had Travis committed the heinous murder of Jodi; the needle would be in his arm already. Her murderous acts were planned, and executed against Travis and his family. Maybe Jodi can start a drama club in prison; she would be the best person in charge of it .

Referring to principals in this case by their initials is problematic, to say the least.

One of the comments said that earlier JW brought in files and spoke with SA.

SA = Samantha Alexander, Steven Alexander, and Sandy Arias

Just imagine...

Everyone here has their own reasons for still being here after so long, for being invested in seeing a second jury finally deliver the sentence JA deserves. For some of us, those reasons are about knowing what it is like to be victimized, or because someone we loved was harmed by a person like JA. I’m one of those people here.

Trying to intellectualize what is happening in a trial is one way I deal with the powerful emotions this kind of trial drags up from the depths. But there are days, like today, like now, when all I can see or understand is that an evil person was believed over someone who could no longer defend himself, and the injustice of that not only makes me cry, but makes me rage.

I’m glad to have made this far in the company of people who also care so much, whatever their reasons are for caring. I should have bowed out a month ago, the first time I realized this is just too overwhelming. I’m going to go hug my son who doesn’t understand why I’m upset, tune out whatever does or does not come next in this nightmare of a trial, and to say prayers for the Alexander family.

I respectfully disagree there have been a Number of high profile cases in Florida that have had just as bizarre verdicts. Like convicting a man for three attempted murders by gunshot but not convicting the man of murder of the kid be actually shot and killed. In my opinion jurors in Florida are incredibly unpredictable

Lol right?!

They finally got him though!

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 56s56 seconds ago
Martins and Det. Flores are here, went into the victim room where the Alexander family has been waiting. #jodiarias

I think so too and I think many unsolved cases where done by females and were never even looked at because even LE has tunnel vision and think a horrific homicide must have been carried out by a male perp.

I think that women are the least caught when they commit heinous crimes.

When 59% of the children who are horribly abused/neglected and generally maltreated by their own biological mothers it shows females really aren't the kinder gentler sex society likes to believe.

I have said before many times, some of the worst homicides committed were carried out by females. Many many of them bizarre overkills yet they still do not get punished the same.

That is the absolute truth. Thank you!

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 1m1 minute ago
Juan Martinez and Det Flores have just gone back in court hall in #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads