VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the jury still at the courthouse, or have they gone for the day??

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 53s54 seconds ago
#jodiarias mom and few supporters wait down the hall.

They are still waiting down there thinking they are clever taking he Alexander's usual seats when the Alexanders are in the court room.

I think it was wrong that Nurmi was able to personalize it and say "Would you kill this girl?"

If I were the Alexanders I would still be right there. I'm not sure I would have the balls to do that if I were the Arias family especially since none of them would testify in open court for Jodi.

Yep! There's got to be more than two chairs there. I would just fill up the rest of the chairs, even if it meant the murderers family would be surrounded by Travis' family. It's just a game to the murderer's family.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias' Mom & friends now lined up across lobby like Alexander family has been doing.

grrrrrrr

I have to tell you that I would not vote for death for her. Not because I believe anything she says or agree with any of the mitigators. But because I think the DP is for people who murder more than one person. I think it is for people who kill kids or serial killers or people who target officers. But in this case, I don't see it. If it was me, I would be voting against DP here. I know people want her to pay. So do I. I would have given OJ death because he killed two people. I think Scott Peterson deserved death because he killed 2 people.
But as horrible as this killing was, I just would not vote for the DP for her. I think it is for the worst of the worst and I don't see that here. It could be that someone else feels the same way.

THEN, IF you were honest with the voir dire, you wouldn't be on this jury. JMO. I respect your opinion and your right to it, but what I want is for all potential jury members to be HONEST with their beliefs and say so and be upfront. I detest stealth jurors.

Whoa, I left work many pages behind on the old thread, and just got home. Can someone please bring me up to speed? Did JSS read a 2nd set of instructions?

It's so easy for these murderers to take a life, but they sure don't want to give their own up.

I am not against the Death Penalty and if they proved to me that she was eligible I would have considered it for sure. But that does not mean that I have to vote for DP when all is said and done. I think that there are a lot of people that believe in the dp but then when it comes down to the case and listening they have to weigh what they think at the end against the law. In this case, now, hearing it all, I would not vote for DP. If you asked me in the beginning I was open to it. But now at the end of it all, I think she is horrible and despicable and dangerous but I don't see the DP now.

you said you only believe DP in multiple murder. This is a single victim crime. In voir dire you would be obligated to state you only believe DP in multiple murder.

I am typically against the DP. However, this crime is so absolutely horrific I made an exception. We know she did it, she's not insane, she killed him THREE times. She deserves the DP and I am literally a liberal American saying as much.

Me too. I am not an advocate for the DP but some cases certainly deserve it. For me, all the premeditation does it for me. She drove all those hours knowing she was going to end his life. That sort of evil shouldn't deserve to live, imo.

I just got home from work. Can someone catch me up in 10 words or less ? Tia

Jury came back with questions, but in reality it was to say they were deadlocked, JSS sent them back to the jury room after a freaking sidebar of course .. then now there's some kind of movement inside the courtroom, which prob means they're going home for the night ..

Can I just say one thing....

It absolutely breaks my heart to see members turn on each other. We are all hurting. We are all sad.
Let's turn this grief into something positive.

They are still waiting down there thinking they are clever taking he Alexander's usual seats when the Alexanders are in the court room.

i imagine Jodi called last night "mom, you and Donavan get your asses into those seats by 3:45 tomorrow."

Scarlett you are entitled to your opinion. I am not attacking you. I wish there wasn't a DP. I wish there was life and SOLITARY CONFINEMENT. That would make it easier for juries.

Easier and LESS cost. These DP cases and the appeals take way too much money from the community as they are handled now.

Scarlett you are entitled to your opinion. I am not attacking you. I wish there wasn't a DP. I wish there was life and SOLITARY CONFINEMENT. That would make it easier for juries.

I know you aren't.. :) I don't mind talking about it. I have a pretty tough skin. I wish prisons were all about work and hard time. I wish they were breaking rocks and cleaning floors with toothbrushes 12 hrs a day.

How can the judicial system handle stealth jurors? Maybe they need a court appointed attorney in the room during deliberation...non partisan of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member