VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it has quieted down quite a bit, but ya, that sucked for a while there.

Can I just say one thing....

It absolutely breaks my heart to see members turn on each other. We are all hurting. We are all sad.
Let's turn this grief into something positive.

The tension is excruciating, I wish someone would tweet something.

The delays and all the off topic pedo *advertiser censored* stuff sure didn't help.

Correct and I 100% agree with you. That's what I meant by how it was handled and presented, which I have been vocal about. I also think a different judge, a different outcome. Someone will be nicknamed sidebar from here on out if you know what I mean.

In her "What's Next for Arias" article on karasoncrime.com, Beth Karas says that JSS will decide between natural life or life with possible release within 2 months of a life verdict. I imagine it would be about the same amount of time if this jury deadlocks.

This is ridiculous. If JSS is forced to choose due to a hung jury, she should rule on the spot. For the families sake. She has sat through these 3 trials now and heard all the BS spewed. There is nothing to mull over.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 17s17 seconds ago
Wish I could take a picture for you of the media huddle in the hallway. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 1m1 minute ago
#JodiArias' Mom & friends now lined up across lobby like Alexander family has been doing.

grrrrrrr

This is the reason people can't stand them and don't feel one ounce of pity for them. They deserve all the criticism they get and then some!

I have to tell you that I would not vote for death for her. Not because I believe anything she says or agree with any of the mitigators. But because I think the DP is for people who murder more than one person. I think it is for people who kill kids or serial killers or people who target officers. But in this case, I don't see it. If it was me, I would be voting against DP here. I know people want her to pay. So do I. I would have given OJ death because he killed two people. I think Scott Peterson deserved death because he killed 2 people.
But as horrible as this killing was, I just would not vote for the DP for her. I think it is for the worst of the worst and I don't see that here. It could be that someone else feels the same way.

I had just commented on that the end of the last day's thread...

That's what I don't understand with all these people that say they could only give the DP for the worst of the worst... isn't that subjective to each? Some may think it's only for serial killers(who btw all started somewhere, when do you want to stop them?), or just for child-killers(but not for a child's mother/father/uncle/aunt/etc murderer that will impact and perhaps destroy a child for the rest of their life), or maybe just for totally random senseless murders(does it really matter to the dead person or their friends and family why they got killed, or that they got killed?), so really, shouldn't the DP be seen as a punishment for intentionally murdering someone, and not something called justice that is subject to the whim of some judge or lawyer or juror?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 41s41 seconds ago
Wish I could take a picture for you of the media huddle in the hallway. #jodiarias

It's so easy for these murderers to take a life, but they sure don't want to give their own up.
Yes, I always thought it was so ironic, why murderers fight so hard to avoid death penalty. Others life means nothing to them, how do they value their own?

THEN, IF you were honest with the voir dire, you wouldn't be on this jury. JMO. I respect your opinion and your right to it, but what I want is for all potential jury members to be HONEST with their beliefs and say so and be upfront. I detest stealth jurors.

No, Because I could have voted for the DP if they proved it all to me that it was warranted. I just don't think it is in this case. I would have been open to it. Like I said, I only changed my mind about it in the last few days.

What is the bet that if and when the jury comes back to say they're hopelessly deadlocked, that JSS will take a week long recess to decide whether she should give JA LWOP or LWP?
It will be interesting to hear the speech JSS gives Jodi when she is sentenced. Will she give her a piece of her mind or treat her with kid gloves?

Me too. I am not an advocate for the DP but some cases certainly deserve it. For me, all the premeditation does it for me. She drove all those hours knowing she was going to end his life. That sort of evil shouldn't deserve to live, imo.

I would add, followed by the way she callously covered up afterwards, including calling his home leaving messages, after coming out of the "fog," sending a letter and flowers to grandma, and as her mother said acting as if nothing happened.

Arias family has always copied the Alexander's since beginning. It's the same thing the killer did to Travis.

Can I just say one thing....

It absolutely breaks my heart to see members turn on each other. We are all hurting. We are all sad.
Let's turn this grief into something positive.

Nash, this is a website about crimes and trials and victim friendly, so how can we be positive about this outcome?

I would add, followed by the way she callously covered up afterwards, including calling his home leaving messages, after coming out of the "fog," sending a letter and flowers to grandma, and as her mother said acting as if nothing happened.

UGH. And attending his memorial service and calling Flores to "help" with the investigation.

Before everyone swears off trials forever...

My first trial was Jeffrey Dahmer in 1992 as I'm a born and bred Brew City girl. Please understand there is nothing normal or standard about this trial. The Casey Anthony trial again was another horrific anomaly as well (and caused even me to take a five month hiatus from all things true crime). Adam Baker was allowed to move back to Australia never having to answer for the murder of the daughter he'd illegally removed from her native country. Injustices do happen but every day, in every city, judges and juries do get it right too. More often than not.

Over here, I've had to come to terms with the UK criminal justice system. I love my adopted country but it will never seem just that some perpetrators are given new identities upon their release, a popular footballer can serve just 2.5 years for rape, sexual offenders cannot be named publicly or that indeterminate life sentences have been ruled as a violation of human rights. Give me actual life without parole, truth in sentencing, family watchdog and public commentary on trials any day.

Just food for thought. I'd hate to lose any posters over this debacle of a sentencing trial. We need your wit, humor, intelligence, compassion, and experience too much on too many other cases. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member