VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the announcement that the jury is hung is tweeted, I'm done. I sure as hell don't need to see the lamest judge known to me sentence her, or to ever see the sadistic murderer ever again. Nor will there be a need to watch the released video or read the transcripts. I doubt I'll ever follow another trial again. I'm done. There is no true justice in courts of law. I feel for the Alexander family who deserved so much more than this despicable travesty. Thanks, Judge Stephens. Ultimately, I blame you. Evil triumphs because you enable it. /bitter rant

I'm really shocked at this turn of events. No more excuses.

BBM Thank you. You said exactly what I feel.

Rick Leabo ‏@rick_leabo · 1m1 minute ago
@william_pitts live in 20 minutes reporting on the latest on #jodiarias on #12News #azcentral #jurywatch

I just had an unkind thought about the Arias family. To them, this may be anticlimactic. They have lost JA either way. Do they really care what her sentence is?

I'm just repeating what I understood JSS to have said. That if a verdict comes in late in the afternoon, it would not be read until the next day due to the logistics of gathering all the relevant parties and the fact that the court has a hard close time of 5pm. I'm not trying to be controversial, just accurate.

Actually, we don't know what she said.

We only know what parties tweeted she said.

This entire phase has been one protracted game of 'Tweetaphone'.

I gotta tell you how I feel today is a surprise to me too. But I sat her thinking about it today, hard. I have always said I believe in the DP and I do, but all this talk and waiting for people to decide if someone dies made me think even harder about it. I thought about all the husbands who kill their wives and hide it and make it look like an accident. I don't know.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 12s13 seconds ago
The jury is still here. #jodiarias

Well, it's almost over. I've been here for the trial and the 're-trial' sentencing phase. The DP really is a moot point and symbolic only as JA probably won't ever be executed. That's why I don't understand jurors who now can't 'sign the form'. That being said, I am reminded that LWOP really is a punishment. How many times have the Manson Family members come up for parole and been denied. IIRC, one of the 'girls' is dying of cancer and may have already passed in prison. That is real punishment to me - there was no clemency ever for her. May that be Jodi's fate, IMO.

I don't know if it is the straw that broke the camel's back or what but thinking of the Arias supporters taking the spot that the Alexanders took to see the jury out makes me very sick to my stomach, teary eyed and angry. Seriously, such a low move. She has already been found guilty. She is a convicted murderer. Her peers found her GUILTY. SHE IS GUILTY. SHE ADMITTED IT. She is a sickening monster. I understand her family is there and cares for her no matter what, but to take their spot intentionally just really pushes me over the edge. I feel so sorry and so sad for them that they are doing this. How embarrassing for them.

As I said they consider this a victory for them and their all American girl.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 19s20 seconds ago
We are still outside courtroom #jodiarias #3tvarias

5 Arias supports scatter throughout front row of lobby where Alexander family has been camped. #jodiarias
5:32pm - 3 Mar 15 WAT

Deliberately doing whatever they can to keep torturing the Alexander family.
They disgust me.

It's petty and it's sadistic.
This is true! Same actions she had with Travis.
And very obvious what they're doing & what their about. They act like someone in their family was killed instead of did the killing!
I hope the court takes the jurors out thru another way or other people stand in front of them!

Scott Peterson wanted to get rid of Laci and the baby so he wouldn't be tied down and could have a single's lifestyle. I still think he's a much better person than Jodi. At least he had some friends before the murder and his parents loved him. The only reason I consider him a better person (and he's a really bad guy) is because he didn't make up terrible lies about Laci and assassinate her character. He didn't try to torture her family for years. There aren't many people, especially ones that had decent childhoods who have turned out to be as bad as Jodi. If her father did indeed push her, he should have pushed harder. I don't even see how her own parents could love her. She physically abused and stole from everybody in her family. She was the child from hell. Neither Scott not OJ, whom I hate, drove one thousand miles to get to his victim's house. I hope Jodi ticks off some really big inmate at Perryville, and she gets what she deserves.

I think he is worse. He most likely strangled her or killed her with his bare hands knowing she was carrying his son. I think that is worse even than what JA did.

I am for the death penalty IF we could actually execute prisoners that are sentenced to death. I am definitely for it in this case knowing the details. However, given the small number of people that are actually executed in this country I wonder if it is worth it.

Has anyone else watched that show on CNN called Death Row? I watched a few episodes over the weekend, and it bothers me that innocent people can be put to death due to unethical LE and prosecutors. I'd rather have the rest of them serve life than have a few wrongfully executed.

Just thinking out loud, and wondering what others think.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
The jury is still here. #jodiarias

I don't know if it is the straw that broke the camel's back or what but thinking of the Arias supporters taking the spot that the Alexanders took to see the jury out makes me very sick to my stomach, teary eyed and angry. Seriously, such a low move. She has already been found guilty. She is a convicted murderer. Her peers found her GUILTY. SHE IS GUILTY. SHE ADMITTED IT. She is a sickening monster. I understand her family is there and cares for her no matter what, but to take their spot intentionally just really pushes me over the edge. I feel so sorry and so sad for them that they are doing this. How embarrassing for them.

Here's an idea. Wanna see some people make record time back to Yreka?

Brand Jodi like Hester Prynne, except with an "M". And give her back to her loving family.

If the media had any spines, they could gather around the seats and hold them for the Alexander's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288