VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone give me a hashtag or whatever it is called to follow the verdict on my twitter please? As my kids like to point out..."What is the use of having a Twitter if you don't even know how to use it Mom???" Smart asses...

ETA: I forgot I already follow Cathy@courtchatter :blushing:

Well, I am still for the DP for Arias but I have to agree with Madeleine74. There are things being said on here and other sites that sound much more like vengeance than justice. Things like she should be butchered like TA was, wanting to see her beat to death in prison, etc. It is uncomfortable when I see things like that because those types of statements are ones that anti-death advocates use to say DP people are just spiteful. I want justice, but I don't want a lynch mob.

Ok, I understand that. I haven't seen a lot of that here but maybe I've missed it. I've said that Jodi won't have it easy if she gets LWOP because I don't believe she will and I admit to being super happy about that. She shouldn't have it easy in there after the crime she committed. I don't know if it's vengeance or not, but I do think she should have punishment for her crime, be it the DP or a lifetime of hard living in prison with people who will not put up with her sneaky conniving ways.

I lived in Chicago for years, and surprisingly I am not a fan of Chicago style. Blasphemy, I know. Nothing like a dipped italian beef from Portillo's though with cheese crinkle fries.

I feel for ya - I'm a lifelong Southerner who hates sweet tea.

Could someone give me a hashtag or whatever it is called to follow the verdict on my twitter please? As my kids like to point out..."What is the use of having a Twitter if you don't even know how to use it Mom???" Smart asses...

I'm 29 and i absolutely have no idea how to twitter. I've never signed up. You're not alone !

There are two #JodiArias and #JodiAriasTrial or you can go #JodiArias #VerdictWatch just going the first one works and is easier though.

I do agree with this and at times I have been among her worst critics. I feel she will give her LWOP but of course that is not a certainty at this point because we just don't know.

She isn't blameless completely though. She tried a case within a case. The trial, both the guilt phase, and the penalty phase ,but she also allowed the defense team to put in many issues that should have been held for the appellate court.

I have seen many death penalty Judges admonish DTs very quickly when they stray into the appellate issues rather than remaining focused on the case at hand. I have heard them sternly say to the defense when they try the shenanigans this DT has done 'that is for another day and another court, move along' and it was respected by the DT and the subjects dropped. And the prosecutorial misconduct claim shouldn't have ever entered in front of this jurors but should have been one of the appellate issues used after the verdict.

Here because she seems overly paranoid about appeal issues she has allowed way too much in that really had no reason to be included. All Judges are fully aware all DP cases are going to be automatically appealed therefore the other Judges leave out all those issues knowing that will be looked at by an entirely different court. They forge ahead always mindful of the court and jurors' time and don't timidly do as JSS has done in this case. She was able to be manipulated by the defendant herself. I don't know one Judge other than JSS who would have really allowed a defendant to testify in total privacy in front of the jury only.... yet this is the decision she made. She was rebuked for it and now that is on record.

So while I don't think she is on JAs side or anyone sides ....she has made this trial slow down to a crawl and has made some very odd rulings along the way. I don't think the Az reporters are picking on JSS when they say she has tried this case in secret. I think it is true, and the media has never had to deal with someone like JSS, and her rulings to keep so much of this case hidden from view with ad nauseam closed sidebars, and in chamber meetings.

Most Judges I have seen on DP cases rule with an iron fist and move the trial along and refuse to let the lawyers get bogged down in irrelevant issues. They are confident and believe in their rulings.... which comes much faster than in this one... is sound and valid when they are made.

When defense attacked Juan with no evidence, did she admonish the lawyer or the defense witness and told jury to disregard? One of the many many things that ready bothered me.

Is it crazy to feel a little sorry for whoever ends up as her cellmate? Can you imagine listening to her constantly yapping about herself?

From Beth:
Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 1m1 minute ago

This is the cell #jodiarias will live in for at least 2 years if she gets life & forever if she gets death.

B_RcCMgUoAAXF7-.jpg

OK I'm back. Damn, Miss Molly's app is for tomorrow, not today :/ So I guess there's no verdict yet??? I'm going back now to read.

#jodiarias
#jodiariasverdict
are the two I look at when I'm doing a quick check on my phone.

Oh that canadian woman that killed her boyfriend and drown their kid after tormenting his parents and stalking him before murdering. What 15 years ago or so? Now is released and married with more kids? Documentary Zachary made me cry for an hour.

http://www.dearzachary.com/

Actually she fled to Canada, got bail, and then killed herself and the baby.

The lack of reading comprehension always surprises me, though I don't know why. It's just another indication of emotions overtaking.
Would you please stop putting down members of Websleuths? Each and every one of your posts has been a dig at a member here. That is not what WS is about and it is quite offensive.

Because of her extreme caution, she has ended up favoring the defense. They are the ones who will appeal. Extreme caution doesn't mean she's following the letter of the law, as evidenced by the Court of Appeals overturning her decision on Jodi's secret testimony. That is a shining example of her giving into them when she had no legal basis to do so.

My biggest complaint about her is she has no command or control over her courtroom and the proceedings.
This phase should not have lasted 5 months...much of that falls on her.

I'm holding out a small hope that the judge has been so easy on the defense so that if and when she has to hand down a sentence no one can say she was to hard on the defense.

From Troy:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 5m5 minutes ago

While we're waiting:

My tour of the actual prison cell waiting for #jodiarias.

Life or death. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzjLW3lNwJM …

-----JMO but I expect Troy to have another interview lined up with the killer as soon as this verdict is given :gaah:

:) And you can "mark my words" ... lol !

My sons barracks room is half that size. Doesn't seem right. IMO.

Travis and Mormonism were on trial. Since Travis was a deeply-religious person, everything he did was scrutinized. I think Jodi is an atheist. For those of us who have kept up with this trial, just reading comments such as Jodi saying " Heavenly Father will be disappointed in what you have done" (I just made up the saying.) or her walking around reading the Book of Mormon aloud at the home of Sky and Chris Hughes sound insane to me when we know she has no interest in religion.

I feel that all the lies that JSS allowed Nurmi to put in greatly changed the jury's opinion. I think this jury would have charged her with self-defense or a lack of control of her actions because of BPD if they were in charge of giving a guilt sentence. Everybody knows darn well that Nurmi and Wilmott and their experts knew that they were spewing lies, just as Baez did in the CA trial.

If JSS had not allowed the character assassination of Travis Alexander, I might feel different. But Travis's reputation has been tarnished forever. He can't get that back. Right now, I hate our so-called system of justice. Jodi, throughout her life, has always been a leech, depending on others for her every want and need. She worked as a waitress only to be around men so she could find a new man to rely on. Travis worked hard to better his life. He came from a very bad childhood and ended up having a successful career, lots of friends, a nice home, etc. He gave motivational speeches to tell everyone else that, no matter where you started, you didn't have to end up with that same kind of life because "you are special." He helped the homeless; he let friends who traveled to Mesa use his master bedroom while he slept in his study; he even told Jodi that if she didn't have money, to take anything she wanted from his refrigerator. I wish he had never gotten caught in Jodi's web, but Travis Alexander was a great person.
Agree, and I wish it weren't so, but she had to. That's the way Arizona works with this two-trial phase system and hearsay is allowed. JSS didn't just allow trashing of the victim for Jodi, as so many erroneously believe, she would have had to do it for any Death Penalty defendant. AZLawyer told us this at the beginning of this phase.

Someone referred to the book, Slumber Party From Hell, written by a woman who was in Perryville for seven years. I downloaded it to read about conditions in the prison, not the inmates. It does sound horrible and HOT. Think about a tiny concrete and steel cell in the middle of a dirt field when it's 117 degrees outside, with no air conditioning. That alone would kill me.

No AC, outside cages for exercise. A horrid roach infestation. They come through the vents and cracks in the walls and window sills. I would die of exhaustion because I would NEVER ever go to sleep again.

~Fashion Report~ Tweets:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago

Maria is here with a change of clothes for #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 2m2 minutes ago

MDLR enters courtroom with #JodiArias' wardrobe.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 1m1 minute ago

Maria De La Rosa just walked into courtroom with clothes in dry cleaning bag. #JodiArias

:hilarious: I guess she's gotta look good :rolleyes: for interview with Troy ... oh, and Kiefer !

JA can't be seen in stripes ... nope :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member