VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH called on his way home. He's surprised there isn't a verdict yet and can't imagine another three-day weekend if they go past tomorrow.
Tomorrow is the end of their deliberation week. I look for a verdict tomorrow evening or will go another week. Just praying if they go through the evidence, the answer will be obvious.

The fact they are still deliberating is a good sign. It must mean that the minority jurors have indicated they haven't dug in their heels and are open to changing their vote. But I'm not saying that this still won't end up hung. We shall see.

JSR, do you think JSS will be censured after this trial is over? What concerns me is that future defense attorneys will have her number and try and manipulate her like the DT did. Thanks!

I guess at least it appears they are trying to get things done so I give them credit for that right now.

Yeah, i just hope they are really trying and not just sneaking in a game of bridge to appease the judge.

:seeya:

Unfortunately, I have to leave for now ... but will be back later !

JMO but I do not think there will be a verdict today :(

:please::please::please:
:please::please::please:
:please::please::please: Verdict Tomorrow !!!

I'm sorry, I haven't read everything yet, but didn't I see some tweets that indicated the jury was not at an impasse yesterday after all? That they had questions about Mitigating Factors 5 and 6 and since the court couldn't really answer the questions, the jury was given the "dynamite charge" instead. Did I dream that? Too many tweets, etc. to go through to find again. I hate trial by tweet!

Here's a couple answers for you Steely.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1h1 hour ago
Group of 8 jurors just went back in and it was a different group of 8 #jodiarias #3tvarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 38m38 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ
Alexander family in full force at the other end of the hallway on the 5th floor, waiting. #JodiArias

eta, JW went to the women's bathroom earlier. Then this

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 16m16 minutes ago
Willmott and MDLR leaving on the elevator #jodiarias

Well it looks like LWOP now. Oh well.

OMG that was too funny. I do know Wilmot went to the restroom..we dont know which number it was or if she looked concerned etc. No crock pot stories today, at one point I think we had the 9-3 split, or was it the 7 something..Steven Alexander did go out and attempt to smoke in private about the same time the rest of his family went down the elevator together.. If I think of anything else I will add..if anyone thinks of anything else they can feel free to add.

That confirms it. LWOP.

As far as the last "Super Secret" meeting- Could the DT have complained about the Alexanders waiting as the jury leaves? If they tried to have them forced to remain in another area, wouldn't that be cause for the victim's advocate to go in the courtroom with the Alexanders?

I still say someone on the jury should just demonstrate to the holdouts how hard it is, and how long it takes, just to stab someone 29 times! And after that he was almost decapitated. And after THAT he was shot. But you want to give her life? yeah that makes NO sense. Oh and they need to also remember that she drove 1,000 miles to his house in the dark of night to do this too. And the clean up. She is cray cray but not in the insane, I don't know right from wrong sense, but more like in the EVIL sense.
and definitely more than 50 shades of cray!! (but not legally insane)

I'm sorry, I haven't read everything yet, but didn't I see some tweets that indicated the jury was not at an impasse yesterday after all? That they had questions about Mitigating Factors 5 and 6 and since the court couldn't really answer the questions, the jury was given the "dynamite charge" instead. Did I dream that? Too many tweets, etc. to go through to find again. I hate trial by tweet!

From the tweets from yesterday I do believe that there was an impasse of some sort yesterday.
I still think that this all should have been public and out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie