VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to do this. This is me being funny as to this 'trial by tweet'.

tweet- "Willmott has entered the women's bathroom "
Correction mistweet - "It was Nurmi that entered the women's bathroom" :)

tweet1 - Willmott has entered the women's bathroom
tweet2 - And found Nurmi standing on a toilet, holding up a roll of Angel Soft, and screaming, "And Travis used this young girl like a discarded piece of toilet paper and mercilessly sent her dream of being the perfect Mormon wife spiraling down the drain" ... which is actually very close to what he said to this jury iirc.

As far as the last "Super Secret" meeting- Could the DT have complained about the Alexanders waiting as the jury leaves? If they tried to have them forced to remain in another area, wouldn't that be cause for the victim's advocate to go in the courtroom with the Alexanders?

but the Alexanders are again in the same area as before, so probably not

blue2-smiley.gif

As far as the last "Super Secret" meeting- Could the DT have complained about the Alexanders waiting as the jury leaves? If they tried to have them forced to remain in another area, wouldn't that be cause for the victim's advocate to go in the courtroom with the Alexanders?

No. The jury was taken out another exit last night.

You guys are killing me with the breaking news!

Such a contrast in our local news - they have a woman on death row (was due for execution 2 days ago but there was some issue with the medication - all appeals exhausted)...she did not even physically kill her dh (she was somewhere else) - she had her boyfriend do it and he got life, she got death! Of course that jury deliberated many, many years ago. I guess by today's standards she would be given a warning...

I applaud the jury for trying to come to an agreement. I appreciate it.

Thanks to the people who kept it lighthearted around here. We need that!

It's really annoying that they can't / wont deliberate on Fridays. What a waste of time

I'm sorry, I haven't read everything yet, but didn't I see some tweets that indicated the jury was not at an impasse yesterday after all? That they had questions about Mitigating Factors 5 and 6 and since the court couldn't really answer the questions, the jury was given the "dynamite charge" instead. Did I dream that? Too many tweets, etc. to go through to find again. I hate trial by tweet!

That came from one person, a non media type. No truth to it. She wouldn't have issued a modified impasse instruction unless they indicated they were at an impasse.

Does anyone know what the longest time a jury has gone when debating a DP verdict?

At this point I think they should just keep going until they have a clear verdict even if it takes another week. or two?
Dug in this far so keep hammering on it till an agreement is reached. Painful I know.

If Jodi were a man, minority or really ugly in her "before" pictures the DP would have been handed out last week. They see her pictures before she
went to jail and are having a hard time giving an attractive white female death.

:moo:

I'm sorry, I haven't read everything yet, but didn't I see some tweets that indicated the jury was not at an impasse yesterday after all? That they had questions about Mitigating Factors 5 and 6 and since the court couldn't really answer the questions, the jury was given the "dynamite charge" instead. Did I dream that? Too many tweets, etc. to go through to find again. I hate trial by tweet!

No the questions were numbered 5 and 6 and the dynamite charge is only given when the jury is at an impasse. The questions must have indicated this.

tweet1 - Willmott has entered the women's bathroom
tweet2 - And found Nurmi standing on a toilet, holding up a roll of Angel Soft, and screaming, "And Travis used this young girl like a discarded piece of toilet paper and mercilessly sent her dream of being the perfect Mormon wife spiraling down the drain"

I was drinking that time. A timely hand over my mouth saved my computer screen. :laughcry:

Such a contrast in our local news - they have a woman on death row (was due for execution 2 days ago but there was some issue with the medication - all appeals exhausted)...she did not even physically kill her dh (she was somewhere else) - she had her boyfriend do it and he got life, she got death! Of course that jury deliberated many, many years ago. I guess by today's standards she would be given a warning...

I think that is a problem. Giving Death to people who don't necessarily commit the crime. I think today she would have gotten life.

Good to see you as well G&AMom - the rest of the gang too! :)

As you know, I'm quite fond of Ms. Wilmott, her meltdown early in the trial always makes for a LOL moment when one needs a good laugh.

Only a little bit more time for Wednesday's child to be full of Woe! What's the saying for Thursday's child?
Thursday's child has far to go.

I bet you are right. The defense probably complained about it.

Can someone tell me who the male commentator on HLN right now is, on "The Daily Share"?? Forgive me, I generally don't watch this show but does he always shout like this? It's terribly distracting...

I hope you're not talking about my boyfriend, Joey Jackson!:loveyou:

There was a report of a lone juror earlier. Could they have held the secret hearing to change a juror out who refused to deliberate? I know...I'm bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme