VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG that was too funny. I do know Wilmot went to the restroom..we dont know which number it was or if she looked concerned etc. No crock pot stories today, at one point I think we had the 9-3 split, or was it the 7 something..Steven Alexander did go out and attempt to smoke in private about the same time the rest of his family went down the elevator together.. If I think of anything else I will add..if anyone thinks of anything else they can feel free to add.
There was a secret meeting in the courtroom between the judge, the prosecution, the defense, and the Alexander's, for like an hour, then the court said "Media, media, quick, come in!" when they did, the court said "Sorry!!!, You missed it."

I really feel for this jury. I can't imagine how disorienting it must have been to sit through months on end of victim trashing, with the occasional bit of mitigating 'evidence' thrown in here and there. Sorting the wheat from the chaff has to be brutal. I give them a lot of credit for not throwing in the towel. Go jury, go!

No matter their verdict or non verdict at this point this jury gets my respect. They are legitimately trying to get a verdict and has put far more thought and time than both the casey Anthony and OJ panel did.

No matter their verdict or non verdict at this point this jury gets my respect. They are legitimately trying to get a verdict and has put far more thought and time than both the casey Anthony and OJ panel did.

Combined:scared:

There isn't anything going on in that deliberation room that a couple cases of cold beer couldn't fix. Can we send some in ? I'll buy.

Or some Opus One. I will gladly send a bottle if it helps lol!

I'm very surprised that we are in the same mode as yesterday this time of day. Really didn't think it would go this long today.

Based on other cases that have been mentioned here, it could potentially go 3-4 more days, but we should definitely know something one way or the other by the end of next week. I predict Perryville by St. Patrick's Day, unless there is a delay in sentencing.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 1m1 minute ago
It's getting pretty late in the day. �� #jodiarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
Sidebars and Secrets, Chapter 4: (30 blank pages).

If they cannot figure it out by now they need to call it. Someone or several people are never going to budge.

When asked about sympathy for Arias and the claims that the defense tried to vilify Travis Alexander, Zervakos responded, "I’m sorry. I don’t mean to slander him." He went on to say, "I’m not blaming the dead guy. He didn’t deserve to die. What she did was horrific, and she’s got to pay for it. And she is going to."

Zervakos gave more reasons why he voted against the death penalty. "You don’t put people to death for being stupid. You don’t put people to death for lying. So I had to weigh all these things."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/12/jury-foreman-says-he-voted-life-arias

What can you say....

MODs have been busy it seems. Thanks for all you do trying to keep up with this verdict watch.

If they cannot figure it out by now they need to call it. Someone or several people are never going to budge.

Well we don't know that and we don't know if there has been discussion on if the minority jurors are open to changing their mind. Maybe they are and maybe there is only one holdout. They owe it to the Alexanders to give it everything they've got to get this done. And it looks like that's what they are doing.

I was on a jury once that rendered a verdict of LWOP to the defendant. Let me tell you, this guy had totally abused the right to be a free citizen and was a danger to society. But we members of that jury were devastated. It is HARD to be on the end of deciding a human being's fate for life, no matter HOW RIGHT that decision is.

To further the story, as long as are waiting together, the judge at the end of the trial said he could see that we had taken our verdict really hard. He said that if it appeared that the court and lawyers and staff were not, it was because they went through this day after day, month after month, all kinds of cases and verdicts, and it becomes the norm. He said that pursuing justice is not easy, but it is our duty as members of a free society.
It's a heavy duty.

Everyone needs to have patience. It could take a couple weeks. It took several days in the Scott Peterson case. The jury even had the foreman removed. We don't know what is going on. But for the Alexander's sake, they should not just "call it"!

So, it's been 5 days but what is actual hours, I lost count. Thurs., Mon., Tues. Wed. are full days, right? 9:30-4:30 (7 hrs). First day was 3hrs +. So, 31 hours, approx.?

Those who subscribe to BK will probably be able to give us an accurate count. BK is evidently the "official" timekeeper for the gathered media.

I'm surprised -- and pleased -- the jury came back at it today with dedication. IMO, that's a good sign they took JSS's words to heart with re: review the evidence and deliberate. My (ever expanding) gut says yesterday's questions were what to do about jurors who refused move off a set position.

JSS refused to include LKN's request about reminding the jurors 'it's a personal decision' (not a direct quote) ... That speaks volumes to me. No, it's not strictly a personal decision. It's a decision based on evidence, discussion, and informed reasoning.

I know but you kept asking questions or making statements about it so ...

Anyway it's way off topic and we/I'll get into trouble so we should go back to all things Arias. And to Wing Ding - yes, that was the 'big' one - the Tate/LA Bianca killings that he orchestrated.

Wasn't sure if you saw my reply or not, lithgow1. I guess it was deleted for being off topic. I should have commented on bathroom breaks, crock pots or llamas instead. Those topics seem to be safe. [sigh]

Steve Krafft @SKrafftFox10 · 38s 39 seconds ago
Still waiting #JodiAria

Humor me .......It's just the 4:30 blues.....

759438.gif

Everyone needs to have patience. It could take a couple weeks. It took several days in the Scott Peterson case. The jury even had the foreman removed. We don't know what is going on. But for the Alexander's sake, they should not just "call it"!

Based on other cases that have been mentioned here, it could potentially go 3-4 more days, but we should definitely know something one way or the other by the end of next week. I predict Perryville by St. Patrick's Day, unless there is a delay in sentencing.

Sheriff Joe better make sure he takes away all her stuff before sentencing, especially paper. Don't want her to slit her wrists before she hears her fate :)

There was a secret meeting in the courtroom between the judge, the prosecution, the defense, and the Alexander's, for like an hour, then the court said "Media, media, quick, come in!" when they did, the court said "Sorry!!!, You missed it."

These meetings are only secret to the press. The people who need to know what they are about are in the meetings. The judge made it clear from the beginning that the press was not going to be privy to the proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member