VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Skye interview, have to say I am glad she is showing some emotion. Some sadness. Since originally from the hearing/tv interviews I did not get a good vibe from her.

She is showing real emotion. imo

:waiting:

ETA- :seeya: Hello everyonel.... have a *semi* new job and just do not have the time to be here like I did before :tantrum:

Miss you all :grouphug:

The Skye interview is giving a clearer glimpse of how evil Jodi is.

Speaking of sidebars, Any restaurant entrepreneurs here ? I keep thinking that would be an excellent name for a bar / pub, particularly one located in / around the courthouse and legal community. Would be even more fitting right there in Phoenix, lol.

The Sidebar Pub

Or

The Sidebar
Bar & Grill

I can mix up some mean *advertiser censored* "SLAMMERS" Guaranteed to provide intoxicating results.:happydance:

Finally home and I see no verdict! Were there any jury questions or anything? I can't imagine the jurors are that far apart if they are still at it. I admire that they haven't given up. I hope they can come to an agreement.

What was it again that made Sky and Chris take Travis upstairs to talk to him about Jodi, I can't remember?

ETA: These hosts are asking some really unusual questions .. like I don't know how someone comes off as someone who was abused as a child for instance.

I'm so disappointed they haven't come back with a verdict yet, after all we've gone through with this and I won't be able to share the conclusion with all of those I've spent so much time, study and comraderie. And I just looked and will be travelling all day back on my second anniversary here. Gosh. :(

Chris did an interview with Gold earlier. Said there is no way Travis and Jodi had any sex prior to those email were exchanged btwn Sky/Travis in Jan 07

Sky saying she knows of three women Travis helped leave abusive relationships and no way he ever hurt Jodi

I'd like to know what Skye thought was the last straw for Jodi, why she did it.

I just feel like the jury should not be interactive but observers. That is just me.

If they hung then to me that is no DP. So here we are trying again. I just don't see the value. If the first jury who sat through it all couldn't do it, I don't see how a subsequent one could.

Maybe this subsequent one can't, but maybe they can. They are certainly trying their best to do so.

Perhaps you don't see the value, but the PT and Travis' family obviously see immense value in fighting for the just sentence that fits this henious crime.

I so agree Scarlett...this jury knows there was a first trial but only gets a summary this time and even some different tactics by the defense and is expected to give the death sentence? I think they are being asked to do a very tough thing coming in at this point and they are clearly struggling. I can't think it will continue beyond tomorrow.. Troy Hayden made an interesting comment today in that they came to the judge and were hung which in effect is a verdict for life and she sent them back to try harder...they probably feel some pressure to really reconsider death. If they came back with death it is possible Nurmi could appeal that "dynamite charge" JSS gave .

Ive been thinking about what to do if we were in this situation with the jury and lets say there are 2 holdouts that wont budge and rest want to give her DP.

Now lets say they try and try and realize there just is no way to convince those 2 at all and they tried for more days and it is obvious to every juror there is no way the 2 will ever ever ever budge.

OK, now.....heres the thing. Since we know that if the jury hangs, it will get turned over to JSS to decide on a life sentence of some sort and we know that it could be up to a month or more before she schedules her sentencing hearing.

So, if we were on that jury, would there be any benefit to having everyone agree to give her a Life Sentence?

Im wondering if it would accomplish these advantages or not?
1-It would be a resolution finally
2-It would prevent any more unecessary delays having to wait on JSS to decide anything
3-Would it also mean it would definitely be LWOP (so no chance JSS could give her LWP)

I know my gut is telling me that I would not want to do that, but in that exact situation which the jury may be in right now, would this actually be a better way to go.
Have all 10 flip to join the 2 and finally end this thing.

Again, im only considering that if there has already been multiple day attempts to go the other way and it has become totally obvious to every juror that there is no way the 2 will ever ever ever ever ever budge. Like right before declaring hung for sure.

Ive been thinking about what to do if we were in this situation with the jury and lets say there are 2 holdouts that wont budge and rest want to give her DP.

Now lets say they try and try and realize there just is no way to convince those 2 at all and they tried for more days and it is obvious to every juror there is no way the 2 will ever ever ever budge.

OK, now.....heres the thing. Since we know that if the jury hangs, it will get turned over to JSS to decide on a life sentence of some sort and we know that it could be up to a month or more before she schedules her sentencing hearing.

So, if we were on that jury, would there be any benefit to having everyone agree to give her a Life Sentence?

2-It would prevent any more unecessary delays having to wait on JSS to decide anything
3-Would it also mean it would definitely be LWOP (so no chance JSS could give her LWP)

I know my gut is telling me that I would not want to do that, but in that exact situation which the jury may be in right now, would this actually be a better way to go.

Again, im only considering that if there has already been multiple day attempts to go the other way and it has become totally obvious to every juror that there is no way the 2 will ever ever ever ever ever budge. Like right before declaring hung for sure.

No..i don't think if Its 10-2 for dp that the dp will flip to life for the exact same sentencing shed Get if They do nothing at all. I think theyd probably hold fast to their conviction she deserves the death penalty and won't waver

I just feel like the jury should not be interactive but observers. That is just me.

If they hung then to me that is no DP. So here we are trying again. I just don't see the value. If the first jury who sat through it all couldn't do it, I don't see how a subsequent one could.

I think when there is a stealth juror it would be important for that second go round!. heck I am glad we got her first degree murder with a juror like that,this could have went a whole different way, different discussions at this time for certain, Blessings for that a million times. That verdict even shocked her.

I think when there is a stealth juror it would be important for that second go round!. heck I am glad we got her first degree murder with a juror like that,this could have went a whole different way, different discussions at this time for certain, Blessings for that a million times. That verdict even shocked her.

I agree. She was shocked. But to me one of the reasons they did that was because they saw her up close and personal. Her lies and her demeanor. I think that being able to see her go on the attack at Juan, seeing him get her with that gas can receipt and seeing her lie about it to their faces helped them see how much of a liar she is.

I still am not sure I would give her the dp. I just am not sure.

No..i don't think if Its 10-2 for dp that the dp will flip to life for the exact same sentencing shed Get if They do nothing at all. I think theyd probably hold fast to their conviction she deserves the death penalty and won't waver

Yeah, it would probably never happen. But if it would, would it accomplish the 3 benefits if they did do that? Im kind of wondering about it in case I ever get in that situation, would I want to even bring up the idea to the foreman to ask the group.

Im wondering if it would accomplish these 3 advantages or not? (mainly #3)?

I still don't understand why JA was not allowed to be questioned by Juan. She got on the stand and testified but he could not cross her. I don't get that.

Will the killer be sentenced immediately if the jury returns a verdict (any verdict)? I thought that sentencing almost always took place at another hearing. Like w/ Lacey Spears, she was found guilty of murder 2 and will be sentenced in a few weeks. Is that because the judge would get to decide the terms of her sentence? If it is a non-negotiable life w/o parole or DP verdict does it begin immediately, no sentencing hearing at another day? Hopefully I'm making sense!

Speaking of sidebars, Any restaurant entrepreneurs here ? I keep thinking that would be an excellent name for a bar / pub, particularly one located in / around the courthouse and legal community. Would be even more fitting right there in Phoenix, lol.

The Sidebar Pub

Or

The Sidebar
Bar & Grill
Every time I see a tweet about a sidebar I can't help but think of...

250px-Sizzler.svg.png

For the longest time I thought the "sizzle" in the tweets were referring to a pub/restaurant-style gathering at the bench. Then I realized the word "sizzle" actually referred to the white noise machine.

Still, I can't get Sizzler out of my mind every time there's a "jection/mwe'proach" side bar.

Anyhoo... how about: Sherry's Sidebar Pub & Grill. "You kill 'em, We Grill 'em!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288