Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I know I am going to be slammed for this but I just have to get it off my chest.

After listening to these jurors I am convinced that the court system and the Judge callously victimized these jurors by refusing to consider their complaints of a juror that would not review relevant evidence. I mean we are willing to put our trust in the average juror to make very difficult decisions but we ignore their pleas that a juror is refusing to deliberate.

I absolutely cannot believe this is ok with anyone, no matter what your stance on the DP is.

I can't believe that there is no remedy for this GROSS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE.

WOW! Juror saw lifetime movie and was trying to bring it in to deliberations!!!!

This is unbelievable.

male juror felt jodi was trying to manipulate them during her testimony

The juror watched the lifetime movie and had watched other stuff about the case these jurors didnt see and kept bringing that up in deliberations.

The holdout juror should have been removed. Hands down

From Pitts:
William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 31s32 seconds ago

"i felt like ok, she's lying to my face, i can't give credit to any of #JodiArias testimony."

SO how does that work? Can the state appeal and try for DP again knowing that the juror wasn't straight up or had additional details (from the movie at least) that the rest of the jury didn't have?

The Daily Share on HLN
Interview with Kinsey Schoefield (Social Commentator)

I think a huge part of this trial specifically is kind of the "Websleuths" aspect? You know, a lot of people that are fixated on this trial online are better reporters than some of us that are actually sitting in the courtroom. And I'm already getting tweets from people that have the one holdout's name. We're sitting in the, waiting for the jury to speak right now in the room, looking through this alleged juror's Facebook. Seeing that she likes Nancy Grace on HLN, a lot of social media, The Secret, The Law of Attraction. So in regards to what Joey Jackson was saying earlier about what was the holdout? What was this person's holdout? What did they see in Jodi Arias? I mean, it's seems like this person is completely familiar with the case, according to her Facebook page.
And the defense, we know, did their homework, in regards to social media. But, did the Prosecution? And that's what my concern is right now.

-----

Does this equate to Juror Misconduct? IANAL, but I sure hope AZLawyer chimes in soon. Do you think Mr. Martinez has caught wind of this yet?

:stormingmad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the 11 jurors wrote note to judge and stated their concerns and judge did NOTHING

"Feel like it turned more into a pride thing of standing her ground instead of what she actually believed." Female juror referring to holdout juror

JSS should have replaced her then!

If she had, it would have most likely been overturned on appeal....think of that. She didn't outright "REFUSE" to deliberate like in the Scott Peterson trial, she just wanted to focus on the journals, etc.

Even though I have believed, and shared here, that I thought this holdout was due to one person not being able to go through with the DP, I am still so disappointed and heartbroken, even MORE so now listening to the jury. They didn't believe ANY of it. I just WISH there was some way to fix this.

I totally agree. It is so frustrating to know they were so close. Nothing to be done now. Pray for lwop. Shame there are no do-overs. jmo

From Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv · 37s38 seconds ago

Female juror says holdout admitted in deliberation room that she had seen part of Lifetime movie #3tvarias #jodiarias

OMG ... that Lifetime Movie was freakin' pro-Jodi :gaah: !

Lone juror..... ....... She looked at JA and saw too much of herself in her and made it 'personal'.

They all felt like Jodi had NO remorse. The looked for it.

These are good solid jurors. Really good jurors.

They did their best.

And there was one who was biased and had an agenda for sure.

Wow. That is just maddening.

These jurors sound like a VERY INTELLIGENT, PERCEPTIVE group.....I thank them for their sacrifice. I'm sad for them and the Alexanders that they couldn't come to a unanimous agreement. They did their best, they just had a fellow juror that wasn't gonna be swayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member