Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was worried there for awhile. But listening to them makes me appreciate that most people called to serve do so in good faith.

Love that they said the *advertiser censored* and defense tactics to make Travis seem like a bad guy were wasted!

My favorite. The bad Mormon and *advertiser censored* stuff played no part and they were mad about the T-Dogg stuff.

Juror #4 caught her in a lie and it caused him to really doubt anything she said from there on out.

She expressed no remorse.

Wow, this was a strong and very clear minded juror team (except of course teh one that should have been replaced immediately) . I was extremely impressed when I listened to them. They seem to have accomplished their duty with the highest sense of responsability. However, what a dramatic result...

Fox10 is going to play family comment about jodi burning in hell

*Pokes AzLawyer with a very soft stick...* Psst...

Could JSS have asked to speak to the juror during deliberations?

I feel so badly for those jurors but am so glad that they spoke after the trial. They saw Jodi for what she was. Others will have to determine if that lone hold out should have been removed due to watching the life time movie. I feel more peaceful now knowing what the majority was thinking. I am extremely hopeful that Jodi will be given lwop and her appeals limited and that she will die a long, slow, lonely death behind bars fading into obscurity. I want nothing more now than all those who love Travis to be given the opportunity to truly mourn, comfort one another and heal. My heart aches for them and for Juan and Detective Flores and all who have fought for Travis. There was nothing more that they could have done.

All 12 of them did their job.

No. One of them tried to use outside information and claimed the dp was an act of revenge and couldn't offer an example of when they would vote DP. That person did not do their job. If the other jurors were saying she could give an example of how she would vote for DP, and this case didn't fit into that profile, I would feel she did her job. However, making up her mind within two hours and claiming DP is revenge is not fulfilling her duty as a juror. She should have stated during jury selection she thought DP was a form of revenge.

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 3m3 minutes ago

The holdout was juror #17. #jodiarias

One of the public trial goers said she felt so bad for the Alexanders- when asked go elaborate she said that JA was
a person who would NEVER let them rest during her imprisonment- she will always be agitating, trying some maneuver
that will distress them! AMEN.

I'm thinking about how much tragedy happened outside of the courtroom during all of this...the death of Det. Flores' son, the death of one of the DT (I forget his role), the death of the juror's mother...there was so much pain for many people involved.

Which is what anti-DPers like to assert. Even on victim friendly forums.
Actually, no. That's not why I was previously against it. I felt it was playing God. I've since changed my mind and realized some people just deserve it and aren't redeemable, don't deserve to breathe and take up space on this planet.

I don't see how this isn't juror misconduct. Can she be tried for perjury? OMG,why did Juan allow her to be on the case. Joey Jackson said nothing can be done,but Jean Cesares has some doubts. Said she troubled by the judge.

Glad to know almost all of the jurors, felt as we did. Glad they didn't care about the *advertiser censored* BS, also glad they felt that the DT was bashing Travis.

that juror? I'm baffled here. Also attending mtgs so have one ear on phone and reading here & twitter. But I'm again appalled by the fact this juror wasn't removed based on what I'm hearing.

Now I feel bad for these jurors. AWG-freaking Jodi ruins everyone and everything!

No one seems to be answering this question!!!!!!

Even if the foreman didn't use the phrase "refuses to deliberate" what was written to the judge should have been enough!!!!!

This of course is my arm-chair legal degree!

Oh I forget, when we heard the judge was speaking to each juror in her chambers was this during deliberations?????

does anyone have a link to the court videos that have been released today of the opening statements etc?

*Pokes AzLawyer with a very soft stick...* Psst...

Could JSS have asked to speak to the juror during deliberations?

Not AZL but I can assure you that would have been highly unethical and grounds for appeal/overturning the DP if it would have changed it.

So who will get the 1st/exclusive interview with the holdout - Troy or Keifer?

They grew to like Juan quickly
Really drove it home at the end even though he was a lot to take at first

Am completely baffled how this juror got through the questioning to even be a juror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member