Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Arpaio ‏@RealSheriffJoe 6m6 minutes ago

I am denying all interviews with convicted killer #jodiarias while she remains in my custody.
She's not gonna like that. :biggrin:

Sociopaths, unlike most of us, are very adaptable. Jodi will do well in prison.The serial Canadian killer, Karla Homolko, had a female AND a male (guard) lover fighting over her and showering her with gifts She convinced a therapist and the Canadian legal system to free her and now is out of prison with 3 kids. Susan Smith got a male lover too (guard). That NOTHING Travis said or did could keep Jodi from manipulating her way into his bed, despite him telling others he was afraid of her, shows the how wily and powerful a sociopath with an agenda can be. Jodi has fans already. She will get piles of love letters from lovesick lonely fans. She 'll keep herself busy drawing pictures and writing back to them about being a victim of haters and " loving too much".

I am glad to hear that Jodi's new home is in Arizona without air conditioning and that her cell is small, sparse and might have cockroaches.

My own opinion

Is there a link to the juror's press conference? I missed it and would really like to see it. Thanks in advance!

So you truly believe Jodi wanted the death penalty?

I thought her statement of being sorry some people were not happy with the verdict as pretending to be compassionate to the Alexanders. You know,
trying to have human emotions. It was a very strange thing to say at the time.
It was a strategy to her- a game. She lied about begging for it. She tries to speak for the Alexanders, like she tried to for Travis, even though she has NO right. Sick, sick, sick!!! At least she won't have a forum to lie about him and publicly trash him anymore. Her supporters will move on to the next lost cause. And Jodi will know that 11 people didn't buy her BS. She was one vote away from getting Death, even the alternates would've voted for it.

I think she was snarking at the Alexander family, as she qualified that by saying she was sorry some people didn't like it. Frankly, when I saw the look on her face when the mistrial was called, I didn't think she looked very happy. And if she is secretly disappointed that makes me happy. No death penalty = no endless appeals, no being a poster child for anything and fading into obscurity double quick. An appeals attorney once told me one has about a 1% chance of prevailing in a criminal conviction appeal. Good bye Jodi, and good riddance.
BBM - I posted earlier that she will become like Diane Downs and Susan Smith. People will very quickly stop caring just because of her horrible personality and how she looks down on people that aren't in a position to do anything for her (heck she looks down on the people that ARE in a position to do anything for her :facepalm:). The donations will dry up and her very small band of supporters will back away after being constantly badgered for money for her appeal lawyer or her commissary account. She will fade away and age even more rapidly in prison than she has in jail. She is a very vain person so that will really bother her. The media won't care about her until she commits a major infraction in prison (most likely fraternization with a guard, because this is CMJA we are talking about), which will be a brief story that will only make it to the very bottom of AZ Republic's news page. In 20 years she just will be another middle-aged first degree killer counting the days away in her cell. The apparent glee we saw from the defense team during their press conference was most likely relief at never having to deal with this pathetic killer again (after the sentencing hearing of course). Although, if I could, I would sentence Nurmi, Willmott and MDLR to a lifetime of being Jodi's defense team, because that punishment almost fits their crimes. Almost. :moo:

:grouphug: For the Alexander family.

:twocents:

So after calming down and trying to think rationally ... lol ... here are some thoughts:

- The jurors (11 out of 12) felt that Travis was on trial, NOT Jodi.

- The jurors said the computer '*advertiser censored*' was irrelevant.

- The jurors said that Jodi showed NO remorse.

- There's more as to what the 11 jurors stated in their presser, but these are just a few !

So ... the bottom line is Jodi's defense did NOT work for 11 out of the 12 jurors !

And Nurmi and Wilmott did NOT win a verdict of NO Death Penalty for Jodi because if NOT for the ONE holdout juror, who was obviously a "stealth juror" and obviously had an agenda -- she would have gotten the DP because the remaining 11 jurors were for the Death Penalty !

Like Baez and Mason, Nurmi and Wilmot should NOT consider this a "win" because it is NOT a win for them -- it was by default: ONE juror who refused to deliberate with the remaining 11, who obviously had an agenda.

JMO and MOO !

I hope that made sense ... and I tired and yes, :( still disgusted :)

Agree. I think she thought with her brilliant defense she could convince even more than 8 jurors to see her side. But it went totally the other way. 11 people plus three alternates saw her for what she was. Only one person took her side. That is not what she was expecting with the hung jury.

If the one juror was not ashamed of her decision, why did she not show up for the interview?
If you believe you are correct, stand up for yourself.

I don't know how reliable or otherwise but on another site she has been 'outed' as having tweeted during the trial.... Stay tuned.

Tweet. . ."now she'll get a "law" degree and advocate for "abused" women"

^^^Right, at the same ALV and Fonseca ivy league schools. :rolleyes:

I am denying all interviews with convicted killer #jodiarias while she remains in my custody.

I love Joe, he makes me proud to be from Arizona

L
I guess I was in a fog on the previous thread when I misstated the total number from both juries combined that wanted / voted death for CMJA. :sheesh: My apologies, it's 19 not 22. Still, I hope CMJA is thinking about that. And, that she came closer to the DP this time than the first. Yeah, good work Nurmi and Willmott, what a Victory. They just somehow managed :waitasec: to get that one UN-death qualified juror on there.

Catching bits and pieces of HLN . They seem to be totally slamming JSS for her misshandling of the holdout juror, Joey Jackson was stating the juror should have been removed. I think, can anyone confirm that's what I heard ? TIA

Also, what is it that CMJA said when she was covering her face with papers ? Did anyone get all that ? The twitter I read seemed a little messed up. Something like
"she was sorry for the verdict, and..... " . TIA again. :wave:
I haven't been watching HLN for about an hour. But Jean Cesares(sp), and a couple other attorneys seem to have serious concerns with the judge. But AZ lawyer said it could have been an appeal issue. I don't know what to think anymore.

I'm going to buy the book 'Slumber Party from Hell' and read it on my Kindle. I'll post/summarize the interesting bits. It might make us feel better about LWOP.

Is there a link to the juror's press conference? I missed it and would really like to see it. Thanks in advance!

HLN have been playing it for a couple of hours, with commentary and overwhelmingly angry tweets...

On the bright side...if they came back with Life, they would think they won...As things turned out they know 11 people felt exactly the way everyone here felt. Hopefully the judge will come through and justice will prevail.

Hey, Wynegyrl...:Welcome1:

Every new poster deserves a friendly hello!
:websleuther:

At least she's locked up for a good long time, unlike Casey Anthony and that disgusting Karla woman from Canada...now that's scary !

Sociopaths, unlike most of us, are very adaptable. Jodi will do well in prison.The serial Canadian killer, Karla Homolko, had a female AND a male (guard) lover fighting over her and showering her with gifts She convinced a therapist and the Canadian legal system to free her and now is out of prison with 3 kids. Susan Smith got a male lover too (guard). That NOTHING Travis said or did could keep Jodi from manipulating her way into his bed, despite him telling others he was afraid of her, shows the how wily and powerful a sociopath with an agenda can be. Jodi has fans already. She will get piles of love letters from lovesick lonely fans. She 'll keep herself busy drawing pictures and writing back to them about being a victim of haters and " loving too much".

I am glad to hear that Jodi's new home is in Arizona without air conditioning and that her cell is small, sparse and might have cockroaches.

My own opinion
Here's hoping the cockroach population is strong and plentiful and that they DON'T sell ear plugs in the commissary. Sleep tight killer! :happydance::jail:

Love Sheriff Joe. So in 39 days, will anyone really care anymore what she has to say? And will the Warden at Perryville have the same attitude?

It is a shame that when there is misconduct the state can not get an appeal on the verdict.

I was reading that a stealth juror can be charged with contempt, or obstruction of justice, if that is appropriate..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow