Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be very interesting to find out what was really said in chambers. I am going to go with the belief that the judge and attorneys were being sure that #17 was not really a stealth juror, that she really did believe in capital punishment and did not lie in voir dire.

Listened to the not-quite unanimous 11 plus alternates presser again, and man, it sure sounds to me that she might have been.

Voir dire
Referred to an oath taken by jurors to tell the truth (Latin: verum dicere), i.e., to say what is true, what is objectively accurate or subjectively honest, or both.

Those prosecution costs aren't part of the $3 + million, which refers to defense costs only. I saw a comment on another website, How much does a bullet cost? LOL

I said the same to my other half.

You can get like a $5 box out of Walmart no? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew her use of the word "revenge" was significant!! THANKS for finding this. The juror LIED.

Hm, I'm going to look for links now but I do believe that when the jury was impaneled it was known that all of them had heard of this case and some had watched stuff about it on TV. I don't remember anything particular about the sentencing mistrial v.2013 JA interviews, but I'm not sure (yet) that she lied.

Juror #17 quoted #Jodiarias May 2013 interview and told Jurors DP "not justice, it's revenge" #JodiArias
4:07pm - 5 Mar 15

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kG-MoXWB_7M

I believe Juror 17 was confused. Revenge is what the murderess imposed upon Travis simply because he became aware that he simply did not need her in his life and had the grace to forgive her lying evil self.

Have we heard when the court videos will be available and when?

I have to tell you when I watch the videos of her speaking, It angers me beyond words. She does not feel anything for Travis at all. She says that she wishes she could take back what she did and in the next breath says she has memory gaps.

No she wasn't. She is convicted and will never ever be out of prison. Where she is living now is a breeze compared to where she will end up.

JA is never right. EVER.
Yes, she was convicted, but what if this judge gives her LWP. In 25 years JA will only be in her 50's.

I am so glad this is over. It has been a pleasure to share this :rollercoaster: ride with y’all! See you guys back here in April then onto Jason Young, whenever that happens and/or any other trial that piques my interest.

Yes, she was convicted, but what if this judge gives her LWP. In 25 years JA will only be in her 50's.

No. That is not how it works in AZ. She will not be going anywhere and she is not going to get Parole. I just don't see that at all. I think that JSS is going to give her lwop.

It'll be very interesting to find out what was really said in chambers. I am going to go with the belief that the judge and attorneys were being sure that #17 was not really a stealth juror, that she really did believe in capital punishment and did not lie in voir dire.

Listened to the not-quite unanimous 11 plus alternates presser again, and man, it sure sounds to me that she might have been.

But this happened back in October 2014. What happened back then to cause this "meeting"?

Yes. I know that we are only getting one side of the story but for all 11 jurors to be that angry at her means something. I don't think it was so simple as she watched a movie and called the death penalty revenge but more than that and I think even if legally she could not have been removed she should in no way have been there.

I'm curious when she watched Jodi's interview and why she had it so fresh in her mind. I'm also curious what the issue with her was, if it had to do with doing something she wasn't supposed to and if the judge erred in not releasing her then.

They also said it seemed to be about pride for her than something she really believed and wouldn't really give them any reasons for her decision. Again, I think there was just something there that the jurors just talking about her actions and words isn't communicating.

I also thought it was significant that she liked Nancy Grace, The Secret and the Law of Attraction on FB. Those are highly coincidental things to like as it relates to this case.

Sorry.....had a long Funeral Service today and could not get back once the verdict was read. Question: Is Jodi privy to the fact that 11 of the jurors wanted the DP?

Yes. I know that we are only getting one side of the story but for all 11 jurors to be that angry at her means something. I don't think it was so simple as she watched a movie and called the death penalty revenge but more than that and I think even if legally she could not have been removed she should in no way have been there.

I'm curious when she watched Jodi's interview and why she had it so fresh in her mind. I'm also curious what the issue with her was, if it had to do with doing something she wasn't supposed to and if the judge erred in not releasing her then.

Oh yeah, they said they gave her all kinds of scenarios and asked, "Would the DP fit that?" and they could find nothing. Yet she would continue to say that she was for capital punishment.

Video of Juan Martinez answering questions at the Arias press conference - in case anyone missed it. :heartbeat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqbCqkbbwg&feature=youtu.be&t=21m14s

I just watched the clip. I just can't think of a superlative that fits! Awesome, maybe. I loved all of his statement, but the best part to me was when he commented on there being a lot of publicity - when he was presenting to the jury, he really didn't know they (the press) were there. I totally believe him - he is an exceptional prosecutor and human being.

I am so glad this is over. It has been a pleasure to share this :rollercoaster: ride with y’all! See you guys back here in April then onto Jason Young, whenever that happens and/or any other trial that piques my interest.

I agree. This is so tough. It is nice to be able to hang out with others who get it!

Jason the guy who killed his wife with the fire??

Juror #17 quoted #Jodiarias May 2013 interview and told Jurors DP "not justice, it's revenge" #JodiArias
4:07pm - 5 Mar 15

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kG-MoXWB_7M

Oh gosh. This juror may have become starstruck with JA and heavily identified with her. She probably knows the case inside and out and has much more knowledge than she even leaked out. JSS blew it for the Alexanders on so many levels.

It is sickening. I really do think that a two thirds majority, or something of that nature, would prevent stealth jurors with agendas, or who become infatuated with the defendants, from causing a situation like this. EVERY juror, including those alternates, were in complete agreement with the DP verdict.

The Aaron Hernandez trial is going on right now. I've been following it. The judge is keeping some pretty significant stuff out as "too prejudicial" to AH. It's been pretty dry so far, lots of forensics getting attacked by the defense, same old same old.... I find it interesting as he is also accused in yet another double murder. I just don't understand why a guy who had it all, threw it all away to be a . :dunno: Oh and there is a livestream! :) Not trial by tweet!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Hernandez-New-England-Patriots-player/page30

I'm over Jodi Arias. I have ZERO desire to even watch the trial when video becomes available. Why? What is the point? Big waste of time if you ask me. I can't stand to see her face, could care less what she tweets. After her sentencing in April, she can just go away. Never to be seen or heard from again. That will be the worst of her sentence. :)

It's very sad. The juror who was released last Monday (mom was dying iirc) was in tears bcse she felt if she'd have stayed maybe she would have been picked and 17 an alt

Oh yeah, they said they gave her all kinds of scenarios and asked, "Would the DP fit that?" and they could find nothing. Yet she would continue to say that she was for capital punishment.

And even when the last jury hung the jurors who voted death said while those who voted life saw things the death voters didn't see, like emotional abuse, that it was their right and their opinion and that's just how it is and they respected that. That's just the law. So, again, for this jury, who sound so otherwise intelligent and mannered, to be so overtly angry with her and saying she had an agenda, that's significant.

And that is a bad sign. Even though I was thinking I could not give the DP in this case, I could think of scenarios that I would. It was not off the table for me, just was not sure that this was it for me. Hearing the jurors who were willing to approach this is whatever way would work for her, And her still not wanting to deliberate, She was not voting for DP no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566