Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a little nap. I thought I'd wake up feeling a bit better, but I'm still pissed off. #17 should have at least been at the juror interview. If she REALLY believed in her position, she would have wanted to back it up. IMO.

The ONE thing I DO feel better about is that the killer won't be able to do all the DP appeals.

I have to say I loved Juan's presser. He gave CMJA nothing, absolutely nothing. Just another criminal. Best thing he could have done.

The Aaron Hernandez trial is going on right now. I've been following it. The judge is keeping some pretty significant stuff out as "too prejudicial" to AH. It's been pretty dry so far, lots of forensics getting attacked by the defense, same old same old.... I find it interesting as he is also accused in yet another double murder. I just don't understand why a guy who had it all, threw it all away to be a .

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Hernandez-New-England-Patriots-player/page30

I'm over Jodi Arias. I have ZERO desire to even watch the trial when video becomes available. Why? What is the point? Big waste of time if you ask me. I can't stand to see her face, could care less what she tweets. After her sentencing in April, she can just go away. Never to be seen or heard from again. That will be the worst of her sentence. :)

The attorney in the Hernandez trial makes me really appreciate Judge Sherry. Seriously. It could have been much worse, as I now realize when watching the AH trial. That judge makes me want to throw my laptop out the window. :mad:

Thanks so much for that. I kept hoping one of the media members would have commended Juan for his work. I hope he realizes how much we appreciate what an amazing attorney he is and how he truly did get justice for Travis.

They seemed to be goading him into acting the way he does in court and asking him sarcastically,, "are you always so measured?" To which Juan logically replied um, have you seen me in court? They expect big, loud Juan all the time. I also thought it was funny how they were shocked that he wasn't as consumed in his life with this trial as they and the public have been.

They also said it seemed to be about pride for her than something she really believed and wouldn't really give them any reasons for her decision. Again, I think there was just something there that the jurors just talking about her actions and words isn't communicating.

I also thought it was significant that she liked Nancy Grace, The Secret and the Law of Attraction on FB. Those are highly coincidental things to like as it relates to this case.

Well, if she likes Nancy Grace that blows my suspicion that she was a JAII plant!

The attorney in the Hernandez trial makes me really appreciate Judge Sherry. Seriously. It could have been much worse, as I now realize when watching the AH trial. That judge makes me want to throw my laptop out the window. :mad:

Seriously. That judge is ugh. And I have a problem with her breaking into testimony to tell the jury to set their emotions aside all the time. I find that more prejudicial than if she said nothing.

Video of Juan Martinez answering questions at the Arias press conference - in case anyone missed it. :heartbeat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqbCqkbbwg&feature=youtu.be&t=21m14s

Thanks so much for that. I wanted to "like" it more than once while listening to him. He is so professional and modest. My only wish would have been for it to have been conducted after the juror's interview. I would love to hear his opinion on what they had to say, especially regarding #17. And Demarte being vindicated along with himself, because he was, in a big way. He won this case, both times. If not for liars with agendas he would secured the sentence he was after.

I know not everyone agrees with psychics but there's a psychic friend of mine (Empath) who predicted LWOP and basically got everything right. Anyway, I just talked to her and she said she sees nothing but darkness, sadness and despair for Arias in the future. Arias will not adjust to this sentence and it will be worse than death for her. I felt really good after hearing that and given her accuracy I'm feeling confident that she's right!

I have to say I loved Juan's presser. He gave CMJA nothing, absolutely nothing. Just another criminal. Best thing he could have done.

Brilliant both inside and outside the courtroom. Meanwhile the murderess is furiously punching walls and getting her BFFS to tweet meaningless carp.

If it was legally possible in our universe, I would DEARLY LOVE to see Nurmi write a book on his thoughts of and experiences with this client. A client whom he desperately (IMO) wanted to get away from and admittedly didn't like. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in all those meetings.

They seemed to be goading him into acting the way he does in court and asking him sarcastically,, "are you always so measured?" To which Juan logically replied um, have you seen me in court? They expect big, loud Juan all the time. I also thought it was funny how they were shocked that he wasn't as consumed in his life with this trial as they and the public have been.

I completely agree.

Excerpt from Slumber Party from Hell by Sue Ellen Allen a former med/min security inmate at Perryville:
On a day when the temperature has been about 112 degrees for several days, put on your heaviest polyester pants and t-shirt, go out in your garage with a very small fan, and spend the day. Have lunch there, soup (yes, soup) and a bologna sandwich. Sweep, mop and clean, watch TV, read. Try to nap on a plastic cot, eat a lukewarm dinner, spend the night. This is Arizona prison in the summer.

She also mentions TONS of HUGE spiders. Loved that part.

Thanks Sherry!

You got YOUR.... jurypanel in secret! Come to think of it, if the AZ COA hadn't intervened, you would have HAD ..... everything in secret!
Not that there was much left. Congrats!

VOTE THE EMPTY ROBE OUT!

Excerpt from Slumber Party from Hell by Sue Ellen Allen a former med/min security inmate at Perryville:
On a day when the temperature has been about 112 degrees for several days, put on your heaviest polyester pants and t-shirt, go out in your garage with a very small fan, and spend the day. Have lunch there, soup (yes, soup) and a bologna sandwich. Sweep, mop and clean, watch TV, read. Try to nap on a plastic cot, eat a lukewarm dinner, spend the night. This is Arizona prison in the summer.

She also mentions TONS of HUGE spiders. Loved that part.

That made me feel better.

Hi all.
Desparately trying to catch up. I have no words.
Having a large cocktail @ 3:00 pm Las Vegas time and don't think I can get numb fast enough to absorb this horrific news.

My heart is broken for the Alexander family, for all of the good and true people who allowed their private lives to be exposed to the world while testifying on behalf of Travis, for Juan and DT Flores who did all they could - and more - in their pursuit of justice, and for all of you faithful, lovely WS'ers who have stuck it out and held each other up throughout this travesty.

I extend an enormous, snug and heartfelt cyber-hug to everyone here. Thank goodness we have this wonderful place to share our sorrow. I feel the love beaming through my Kindle. Hope TA's family feels some of it too.....

Penny

I would be totally remiss to not mention that I feel so sad for the eleven jurors who tried their very best to do the right thing. Sorry I missed saying this, but I'm just catching up on posts & HLN coverage

Sorry.....had a long Funeral Service today and could not get back once the verdict was read. Question: Is Jodi privy to the fact that 11 of the jurors wanted the DP?

Perhaps someone here can tweet her the info. I would, but I can't/don't tweet.

I hear ya! :(

Seriously. That judge is ugh. And I have a problem with her breaking into testimony to tell the jury to set their emotions aside all the time. I find that more prejudicial than if she said nothing.

She does it all the time! :gavel: I'm truly starting to believe she wears a AH jersey under her robe! I :jawdrop: when she told OL's mother "Don't cry" when testifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member