Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article says Juror #12- I'm confused

They screwed up, I looked at that too. They meant the 12th juror- the holdout which equals juror #17. We lost a few jurors which is why her number is higher than 12.

[/B]

BBM I cannot remember where I read it/heard it so MOO but she did deliberate. She wanted to talk about/read TA journals. I got the impression that she did not want to talk about what the other jurors were talking about. Didn't one juror state that she did not talk much? I was a juror once and the majority of jurors did not talk much at all. IIRC, there were three or four that would do most of the talking.

I am not sure how I feel about the jurors giving their opinions of the hold-out juror. Seems like they were "talking behind her back". IDK. I don't blame her for not talking to the press. I sure would not want to be investigated and scrutinized by the public. She did not break any laws. Maybe AZ should change their jury system.

Bouncing off of your post ScarletteScarpetta.

No basically she wanted to look at the journals but would not discuss the DP for JA. Said it was revenge. I listened to these people who seem reasonable and I believe them. They felt like she had an agenda and was not even going to consider DP for JA. I think she did skirt the law. I feel like she may have gone in there with the intention of making sure that JA did not get death.

She could have come out and said her peace too.

I don't know if this was posted anywhere or if it has a nefarious meaning but here goes. What are you thoughts?
KINSEY SCHOFIELD retweeted
madchengeist ‏@madchengeist 1h1 hour ago

@kinseyschofield @NancyGraceHLN Not sure if anyone followed this but for days the JA supporters would tweet #justonejuror after each tweet
I think she was a plant, probably by MDLR and they knew it. They seemed to have advanced knowledge of alot that went down before it happened.

And even when the last jury hung the jurors who voted death said while those who voted life saw things the death voters didn't see, like emotional abuse, that it was their right and their opinion and that's just how it is and they respected that. So, again, for them to be so overtly angry with her and saying she had an agenda, that's significant.

I'm reading everything I can about this. I'm on both sides of this right now, so I'm not arguing, MB. I appreciate your discussing it with me.

The 11 + alternates said in the presser that they feel like they failed, so their anger with her was pretty up front.

On one hand, I know that not everyone is able to verbalize their opinions in a group, especially in an emotional group who all disagree with you. It sounded like she said that she felt that the mitigation was enough to spare JA's life and she believed the DT's warped depiction of Travis. She couldn't back it up, but I re-read the juror instructions that I have, and I do not see anywhere that she has to.

On the other hand, come on! There's no mitigation. They tried everything to get her to see the weak and/or lack of mitigation and she wouldn't consider it.

Duty to Consult with One Another
As jurors, you have a duty to discuss the case with one another and to deliberate in an effort to reach a just verdict. Each of you must decide the case for yourself, but only after you consider the evidence impartially with your fellow jurors. During your deliberations, you should not hesitate to re-examine your own views and change your opinion if you become convinced that it is wrong. However, you should not change your honest belief concerning the weight or effect of the evidence solely because of the opinions of your fellow jurors, or for the mere purpose of returning a verdict.

So maybe this was just her honest belief.
Maybe she did not re-examine her own views.
Who knows!

For now, I will attribute to her the best possible motive consistent with the facts I have right now.

Her husband seems like a nice guy.

source: http://www.eversnark.com/final-jury-instructions/ 2013 instructions transcribed from file offered on paywall site

P
You know I was watching some of the interviews after the last trial and I swear she looks so different since then. She still looked young then, Now she looks old and I don't know.. something off about her.

I think that is why she hid from the cameras today. She does not look her best anymore.. She is vain!

I agree. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder,but I don't find her attractive at all. She will age quickly in prison. It looks as if she's already got a few gray hairs. IIRC prisoners are not allowed hair dye. After the 1st verdict I remember seeing a side by side by of Wendy Audriano. It was shocking how she looked compared from when she first went to prison.

In hindsight, it was sort of remarkable the complete lack of emotions shown by the defense team when the non-verdict was announced. Could that be because they already knew what the outcome was going to be ??

Had "their" juror managed to pull it off ?

This needs to be investigated further, and not by JSS either.

This lone juror was either there by her own choice, or she was hired to be there. She wouldn't participate, she wouldn't deliberate, and she had an obvious agenda......disrupt the process.

Yes, exactly. Didn't a juror leave early in the deliberations because he/she said they just didn't believe in the DP? Why didn't this jury do the same? She clearly did not believe in it or intend to give it to JA.

JMO

First off.. I think that Jodi should have LWOP to keep her out of society and assure us that she is gone. I am sorry, after listening to the jurors, that the hold-out refused to participate and explain herself. That was not fair to the other jurors, and it does seem hinky to me. And it should have been addressed by the judge when it was brought to her attention. What makes me equally sick though, is to hear the family wailing because all they want is Jodi's death. Jodi was convicted. Spending seven years wishing for someones death, and making it your mission seems pathological to me. I feel terribly for the loss of their brother, but no more or less than I do for anyone who has lost a loved one to murder...no matter HOW heinous the method was. This was the State of Arizona VS Jodi Arias. There are ALWAYS loved ones who are recognized as victims. The family needs to move on. Jodi will be out of their faces IF they choose. JMO

I am comforted by the fact that Arpaio has finally muzzled her. We won't have to hear her gloat or see her ugly mug.

So this article says she was juror #12, not 17...so which is it? If it's 12, this issue about #17 being asked to stay behind to talk to JSS in October is much ado about nothing.

It was juror #17 in the trial, but the 12th juror that decided the fate. 11 others spoke before so she's the 12th.

I think she was a plant, probably by MDLR and they knew it. They seemed to have advanced knowledge of alot that went down before it happened.

Did you read that back in Oct. this Juror was held back & questioned by the judge, all others were dismissed for the day. There were posts here that it was in BK notes.

So this article says she was juror #12, not 17...so which is it? If it's 12, this issue about #17 being asked to stay behind to talk to JSS in October is much ado about nothing.

I believe it is her number on the original jury list when the retrial started. No. 12 is the number she would be going into deliberations. jmo

Can someone post a synopsis of what the husband of Juror 17 said. I can't watch videos at the moment. TIA.

I just saw where a segment producer for Gma is in touch with the lone Juror's husband.

I am starting to remove people who are tweeting out her name, and address and phone number from twitter! OUTRAGEOUS!

These actions, just like this, is why we didn't get to see the penalty phase ... just like this. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82