Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading everything I can about this. I'm on both sides of this right now, so I'm not arguing, MB. I appreciate your discussing it with me.

The 11 + alternates said in the presser that they feel like they failed, so their anger with her was pretty up front.

On one hand, I know that not everyone is able to verbalize their opinions in a group, especially in an emotional group who all disagree with you. It sounded like she said that she felt that the mitigation was enough to spare JA's life and she believed the DT's warped depiction of Travis. She couldn't back it up, but I re-read the juror instructions that I have, and I do not see anywhere that she has to.

On the other hand, come on! There's no mitigation. They tried everything to get her to see the weak and/or lack of mitigation and she wouldn't consider it.

So maybe this was just her honest belief.
Maybe she did not re-examine her own views.
Who knows!

For now, I will attribute to her the best possible motive consistent with the facts I have right now.

Her husband seems like a nice guy.

source: http://www.eversnark.com/final-jury-instructions/ 2013 instructions transcribed from file offered on paywall site

BBM ~ Not so sure about that. If it's the guy which I will not name on this forum, is the guy who has been floating around Twitter-land, he has been sentenced twice and in jail for 4 years.

I havent seen all the jurors names, just the one, and her husband in a round about way spilled the beans on his fb page...then in turned it went viral.

Juror #4 tho is suppose to be on with Nancy Grace here shortly.
Thanks again, Lyric for answering our questions. Someone posted on the State vs JA facebook page 'that supporter site' listed all 11 jurors names & addresses & are bashing them. I do not go to that site, so I didn't see it myself. Funny, makes one wonder just 'who' had a list of jurors names?

One site even has links to some of their (jurors) Facebook accounts by their names . So disgusted :furious:

The 11 jurors gave an interview I think after the trial. The 11 may have volunteered their names to the media. Im not sure.

Well, hahaha, I'm gonna go and relax, before I really say what I am thinking about Juror #17's husband. He is the one doing the interviews and I have seen his ummm looks like booking photo and I know we aren't suppose to be sleuthing any of the jurors, their families and such. They are just another thread in this woven tapestry of a slaughter.

Sooo I don't get into trouble I am going to go have a beer, relax. Wait on the husband to get home.

Good Night Y'all~

BBM ~ Not so sure about that. If it's the guy which I will not name on this forum, is the guy who has been floating around Twitter-land, he has been sentenced twice and in jail for 4 years.

WATCH: #StevenAlexander Stare Down a Harrassing #JodiArias Suporter After Verdict at TheGoldPatrol.com #GOSTEVEN

Excerpt from Slumber Party from Hell by Sue Ellen Allen a former med/min security inmate at Perryville:
On a day when the temperature has been about 112 degrees for several days, put on your heaviest polyester pants and t-shirt, go out in your garage with a very small fan, and spend the day. Have lunch there, soup (yes, soup) and a bologna sandwich. Sweep, mop and clean, watch TV, read. Try to nap on a plastic cot, eat a lukewarm dinner, spend the night. This is Arizona prison in the summer.

She also mentions TONS of HUGE spiders. Loved that part.

Well, Jodi won't kill THEM.

Wow....that would be an amazing coincidence if the meeting in secret with juror17 was actually in regards to the Dr Drew show announcement that juror 17 was going to be on his show. I hope that is true and not some other reason for meeting with #17.

The only thing I worry about is the psycho Jodi supporters harassing the Alexander family because I have no doubt that some of them will and have been. The things I've seen today on Twitter is appalling. I know they are in the minority but it's still disturbing and makes me angry. What the heck is wrong with people?

ETA: What are Jodi's phone and computer privileges, if any, in prison? Will she have any immediately or have to earn them or what? Anyone know?

WOW I can't believe she has been hunted down. I begin to wonder if she did this on purpose to get her 15 minutes of fame.

Given the others' names have also been published, that's unfair.

Since they had already begun deliberating, i think all that she could have done at that point is declare a mistrial anyway because I dont think she could put an alternate in once they started deliberations.

I maybe mistaken though. Its a good question if an alternate could have been put in and make them start deliberating all over maybe?

I'm sure someone here can remember this better than me but there was a case ( I can't remember which but it was not in AZ) where a juror was removed during deliberations, replaced by an alternate and the deliberations had to begin anew. Wish I could remember which trial that was but I honestly can't.

I'm sure someone here can remember this better than me but there was a case ( I can't remember which but it was not in AZ) where a juror was removed during deliberations, replaced by an alternate and the deliberations had to begin anew. Wish I could remember which trial that was but I honestly can't.

Scott Peterson.

I feel sorry for the jurors; all of them, actually. Even the hold-out. (Please don’t throw rotten fruit!) And while saddened JA did not get the DP, I’m not totally surprised nor totally pizzed.

Life in Perryville is no cakewalk. Spent quite a bit of time researching prisoner forums and prisoner rights sites … Guards can call infractions for talking in line … looking anywhere but straight ahead. Incoming mail can be (and is) read. The physical conditions are often deplorable.

And if JA was “traumatized” by two high-school ‘friends’ bad-talking her? Oh my. Several former inmates said, “Avoid the drama. It’s everywhere.” JA is the very definition of a ‘drama S#!t-storm’. No way she doesn’t end up causing/receiving threats and attacks.

JA ain’t checkin’ into a Hilton. Or even a Motel 6. And (IMO) JSS will NOT leave the light on for JA. The lying butcher will dissolve into ball of paste about whom no one cares.

Thanks again, Lyric for answering our questions. Someone posted on the State vs JA facebook page 'that supporter site' listed all 11 jurors names & addresses & are bashing them. I do not go to that site, so I didn't see it myself. Funny, makes one wonder just 'who' had a list of jurors names?

I understand now what you are saying. The "Supporter site" is the site that listed the 11 names.

Ok, here is the thing. I know almost for a fact that the Defendent and their attorney gets to know the names of the jurors. So it had to have been leaked from JA and/or her attorneys.

That is EVIL. And proves JA and company are at it again. She needs to be stopped.

If she snitches on the wrong person in Perryville, it will be over.

Look out Perryville. A snitch is coming.

Forgive me as I quote "Slumber Party from Hell" again. It just comforts me to know what JA is in for. Here is a list of things the author dreamt of doing WIGO (when I get out). All these things, JA is done with forever...
Listen to the sound of silence
Hear the birds
Pet a cat
Walk a dog
Sit on a soft sofa with pillows
Drink a glass of fresh juice
Eat all the fruits and veggies I want
Wear a skirt
Soak in colors other than orange and grey
Use real toilet paper without worrying about running out
Wear perfume
Swim in a pool
Take a bubble bath
Shower in private
Use a telephone without restrictions
Listen to music without headphones
Go barefoot
Sleep on a real mattress
Have ice whenever I want
Drink from a real glass
Have conversation that doesn't involve prison
Eat with a proper knife and fork
Go to church and sit in the silence
Go to a flower shop and just inhale the scent
Make a great big salad
Drink a proper cup of tea from a china cup
Dance all by myself
Sing in the shower
Wear earrings
Go to a movie
Eat using a proper napkin
Sit under a tree
Take long walks I lovely places
Surf the net
Go to the Art Museum
Go to the Library
Wear contact lenses
Dress up
Feel pretty
Drink real milk
Eat yogurt and fresh fruit

Does anyone have a link to the interview done today with Sky Hughes? I don't know where to look. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth