Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 day punishment phase is way too long. I have seen really complex cases last this long. I have never heard of a penalty phase trial this long. Usually, they are about a week.

As for the juror, how come no one caught her. Since her husband went to prison, I would think that should disqualify her from being a juror. As for the judge in question, she could not keep the ship in line. I have seen judges who have done better than this.

The whole Jodi Arias trial and penalty phase is a bunch of CF's. If you want know what CF is, just send me a PM and I will explain it.

I really hope MDLR has her records subpoenaed and is investigated for juror tampering. A full and complete investigation is required at a minimum.
By records i mean all
social media
Financial
Electronic texting emails back to 2 years ago.

If shes responsible for what we think she is not only unethical but criminal

:goodpost:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am serious...is there some sort of agency, commission or board that she can be reported to? I don't understand her behavior and why someone employed by the court is permitted to act in such an unprofessional and condascending fashion.

I suspect it is a Troll that is posting as MDLR on that site.

I'm a big believer that things happen the way that they are supposed to (Presbyterian upbringing?). While I am most disappointed in the non-verdict, I have to believe that this is the way it was supposed to turn out. She'll not be a special DR inmate with all gaggles of people trying to stop her execution and giving her attention. Please, JSS, give her LWOP. If she gets out, she'll do it again. I've no doubt.

She definitely did an amoral thing by being a sleeper juror. However, by harassing and threatening her it will make the prospect of jury duty too scary for people. Do NOT harass or threaten that woman. We are better than that. Please, we cant be like those people on the DT.

Who here is threatening or harassing anyone?

Ahh.
Freedom.

The spell is broken, we can forget her.
Nothing to do now but sweep up, and go spread a little kindness.

tc, and best wishes!

If he was public defender he wouldn't have any overhead. He would be a state employee and wouldn't have a staff/office/supplies.

This is so confusing. I could have sworn I was told he went into pvt practice in the midst of all of this.

Slightly O/T but...

I just saw that our lovely Rose222 took the time to send me a private message this morning to alert me to the impending verdict. (I was at work and freaking out cuz I got a vibrating text alert from KPHO just as I was about to open an important meeting).

However...

In addition to taking this post space to extend my utmost gratitude to dear Rose for that incredible gesture, I wanted to express how remarkable it is that someone I only "know" through this public forum, someone who lives half-way round the world from me, would care enough to take the time to personally reach out to me. Even though we are strangers, she knew how significant this news would be to me. I can't even fully express how dearly touched I am ('tho the humanity and kindness I've witnessed on this forum since joining in Jan 2013 has amazed me countless times!)

I've often admitted here that I worry I am "geeking out" because I derive so much pleasure from this forum and am in awe of the brilliance and kindness and spirit and compassion and dedication of the participants of this group. But truthfully, (even though I have a truly blessed & fulfilling life), I often enjoy my time spent here more than I do reading about/corresponding with my "real life" friends and family on Facebook and (ashamed to admit) hanging out with my sweet DH and wonderful teenage son. I know they will be happy to have me back now that this trial is pretty much over, but I am truly saddened that my "affair" with all of you is coming to an end.

Sorry to interrupt the flow, but I'm procrastinating catching up on HLN and the million posts from today. I just don't think I'm ready to face the reality and I'm still waiting for the vodka to kick in. I'll keep the champagne chilling for the LWOP verdict in April. But so sad that this sentence (if indeed JSS finally does the right thing) is the consolation prize.

This is so confusing. I could have sworn I was told he went into pvt practice in the midst of all of this.

He did. That is why he was paid more than Willmott was. He wanted off the case, was told no, said then I want my private practice amount, he was told ok then.

The only thing I worry about is the psycho Jodi supporters harassing the Alexander family because I have no doubt that some of them will and have been. The things I've seen today on Twitter is appalling. I know they are in the minority but it's still disturbing and makes me angry. What the heck is wrong with people?

ETA: What are Jodi's phone and computer privileges, if any, in prison? Will she have any immediately or have to earn them or what? Anyone know?

Sounds like a bunch of killer groupies if you ask me. They are really something. :crazy:

Streaming it.

http://zenex.tv/hlnici

"She lied to my face" ~ Juror #4

Not only once. Jodi would lie non-stop.

I remember even in the first trial when she was talking about why she left her parent's home, she had to add in that she was taking HS "college" courses. Anything to make herself look better.

Yes, I read that further down the thread. Regardless, I don't think it's a good thing if she has to go into hiding.

From past behaviour and the mindless lunacy of the murdering convict's supporters, it's more likely that the 11 jurors have way more to fear than the 1.

He did. You are correct. Nurmi is in private practice. CMJA became his case as he was leaving the public defender's office and the State of AZ agreed to pay him as a private practitioner.

I suspect it is a Troll that is posting as MDLR on that site.

Since MDLR set up a three way call between JA and one of her supporters and at least one person from the JAII site was talked about on that call, I don't think it was a troll. MDLR appears to not know what the word professional means.

MOO

When she gets to Perryville, how do I get her snail mail address? I want to send her some mail. Like pictures of Travis, Dead, something to think about in her cell

She may just send you a thank you letter and tell you to get her some more photos.

ITA What a superb post.

Now it is time for Victims Advocates to bring about reform in the Juror selection process, to ensure specific instructions are provided in the event a jury is faced with someone who refuses to participate in the deliberation process, and to demand that Victims that are murdered have protections against patently false claims made against them for the sake of their murder's rights.

And may one of the reforms bear the name of Travis Alexander sometime in the future--I know I am willing to advocate for changes on behalf of TA and his family.

BBM: Agreed. Hear! Hear!

You know what is so damn frustrating and counterintuitive about the need for a "unanimous decision" is, at the end of the day 1 single juror decided JA should get life and effectively made it happen, yet 11 jurors chose death (and tried to tell the Judge that one juror engaged in misconduct and refused to deliberate) and were, according to available information, either ignored or disregarded.

Essentially ONE JUROR decided JA's punishment!

This has to change to the majority as is practiced in Florida.

@Mrs_Vic613 Wow having a full on convo with Maria De La Rosa on FB messenger #jodiarias #J4TA

IMO
You know. You could be right. I wonder if she knew someone who dealt with juror invitations and made sure someone she knew would try to get on this jury.

They may have gotten lucky 1 was selected. Maybe there were 2 or 3 initially in the pool, and they got lucky to get 1 on and not be an alternate.

Honestly, I am not indicting Juan Martinez for this. However, from what is being reported this stealth juror wasn't particularly stealthy. she admitted she knew about the case, she admitted she watched the movie. Why didn't he use a strike to pass on her. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305