Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
She also has a Prezi about Tupac.....I am not surprised.

True, but the post itself is from 2013. I have a hard time believing she suddenly changed such a strong opinion in the year and 10 months between that post and her being questioned for this jury.

it is also so very obvious that she spoke about the deliberations and trial with husband...otherwise he would not have been so cool and calm talking about his "respect" for her.

She has probably closed that account by now.

BBM: JSS was told by the 11 DP JURORS that Juror #17 would NOT deliberate during deliberations, and would not even give a sufficient answer to justify her anti-DP stance ... and JSS did nothing about it.

JSS should have called in each juror individually into her chambers to find out what was going on to corroborate the info from the 11 DP Jurors but again, JSS did nothing about it.

IF JSS had acted on this extremely disturbing info that Juror #17 would NOT deliberate with the rest of the Jurors, then Juror #17 could have been replaced with an alternate juror, and the deliberations would start over.

JSS did NOT want to deal with the issue, IMO ...

JSS was more concerned about an "appellate issue" IF she would have replaced this juror than the "honesty" and/or "shenanigans" of Juror #17 DURING DELIBERATIONS.

JMO but JSS needs to take her share of responsibility for her role in this devastating fiasco !

JMO and MOO !

Juan would've been there at each step, I'm curious what his reactions were at each point, and what he thinks about the outcome and all this information about this juror.

Another injustice in the quest for justice for Travis Alexander is not surprising. The injustice now is that a juror with an agenda may have lied either directly or by omission to get seated on this jury. This particular flavor of injustice has happened in the US court system more often than I am comfortable with but so far no one has come up with a foolproof method for avoiding it.

Regarding the actual sentence of natural life in prison which I expect to be imposed on Killer Arias--that is not an injustice in my view. I know people like Jodi (ok, maybe not anyone close to her level of psychopathy, but you get the gist) and believe me, life behind bars is not a cake walk for such individuals. Yes, she will grin in that stupid-faced way she has and she will tweet, or have it done on her behalf, that she is all settled in and getting along well as she waits for vindication via the appeals that either have been or will be filed that demand she be set free.

Don't believe her. She lies to the nth degree, as we all know; that she will lie about her content existence behind the walls of a maximum security prison is to be expected. Don't believe the tweets, regardless of who tweets them, as they will be sent for the sole purpose of getting everyone riled up. I, for one, will not fall for it.

I am relieved that Jodi will be locked up for life and am pleased that it comes via hung jury. Had it been a verdict of death, this killer would be in the public's face for decades to come and no doubt a pita do-gooder or two would have stepped in to get her sentence commuted at some point. Who needs it! Not me. Not the family and friends of the murdered man. Not the citizens of Arizona.

Had there been a verdict of life in prison, the killer would still be going away for life but the jury making that decision would have vindicated the defense team in their vilification of murder victim Travis Alexander. I am pleased that this vindication has not and never will come to pass.

Looking at this mess of a trial as a whole and especially at the disgusting behavior the jurors are reporting about one of their own, I am on an even keel with the non-verdict here. It sends the killer away without fanfare, it vindicates the murder victim, and it shouts loud and clear that even though Arias avoided the death penalty the jury had her number all along! I am good with that.

i think the state of az owes many people an explanation of how she got on the jury at all. She gave them more than enough reasons to not accept her and that is just what we know...it is the state that should explain the process and I doubt they will. Just on a more personal note....what her personal life that is known and was shared with the court (at least one part) is that she has a very high tolerance for being on the wrong side of the law...not one husband but two and this is just what we know and her abuse history....most lay people could see the handwriting on the wall and I'm sure the defense then could tailor even more to certain themes to make sure they had her. I think with the events of wed. night they knew going in it was hung.

Tells me she is attracted to criminals and or those with a criminal history or background..you know the bad boy type..so therefore you could say she relates to them, has compassion for them..a weak side for them...insert Jodi..now that makes sense..Shes attracted to /empathizes with feels a bond with those type of people...so much so Juror has pretty much spent her whole life with those type of peeps.

You know I honestly think juror 17 did not even dream that each and every one of the other jurors would hold that press conf. I mean it is never done like that and I have never seen them go after one juror like that. She no doubt thought the 11-1 would get out and she would be sought out for interviews...I don't think she expected this.

JMO--ITA. If it happened pretty much as outlined, this juror might have found being on the "inside track" kind of exciting. Lots of attention, combined with the possibility of making some $$ on the side after it's all over.
Somehow she (or others/combo) convinced themselves they'd prevail, but the details of how they may have prevailed would stay super secret. Such entitlement. Such hubris. I hope there are consequences.

Would it be possible for Travis' s family to hire a lawyer to sue lifetime network and the producers of the movie seeing as how their airing of the movie before the sentence was pronounced appears to have influenced the outcome?

Juan would've been there at each step, I'm curious what his reactions were at each point, and what he thinks about the outcome and all this information about this juror.
Juror #17 is on the radar at the DAs office. Not a smart move. They will get her for one thing or another. She never expected to be exposed. Especially in such a short amount of time.

If she is not persecuted for jury tampering/ obstruction of justice or whatever, ( which I doubt) in a year or so she will be calling the Police and prosecutors office for relief from this man.... JUST my opinon

Juror #17 might want to keep her current husband very happy. If he was to turn on her and spill what he knows about all of this, there could be hell to pay for her.......and possibly other people as well.

About the civil suit Jodi gets to hang around for....isn't she suing Sheriff Joe? During a hearing before JSS, I think when JA was playing lawyer, she brought up something about this suit and JSS told her that issue was handled in a different court....

Tells me she is attracted to criminals and or those with a criminal history or background..you know the bad boy type..so therefore you could say she relates to them, has compassion for them..a weak side for them...insert Jodi..now that makes sense..Shes attracted to /empathizes with feels a bond with those type of people...so much so Juror has pretty much spent her whole life with those type of peeps.

Exactly....her tolerance for especially a crime of "passion" or "self defense" is not a surprise...if her mind was so made up in the beginning she made a big mistake at least not pretending to consider what the others were saying and maybe trying to explain more her thinking. It seems from what they said the only evidence that mattered to her was the domestic abuse and that is because of her history. I am sure there are people in the prosecutor's office talking about this and how exactly she got on. They are no doubt also interviewing the jurors to find out more. This story is far from over.

Not sure exactly what is kosher to post here right now but just wanted to share that I wrote a long letter on my blog yesterday to the jurors in this last phase. It's getting a lot of play (over 6000 hits so far) and more importantly, it's having the impact I intended without violating any confidences. I'm being contacted on it. I won't link it but if you go to my blog in my signature line here, it is the first post. I hope it helps. It's my honest response to this non-verdict. I'm feeling better about things today and hope the rest of you are as well.
Love and blessings to all involved.

About the civil suit Jodi gets to hang around for....isn't she suing Sheriff Joe? During a hearing before JSS, I think when JA was playing lawyer, she brought up something about this suit and JSS told her that issue was handled in a different court....
JMO-- Her cases from here on will probably be motivated only by hoping to get the chance to show up in court in a hand delivered, freshly dry cleaned outfit. I can only hope that most of them will be thrown out.

Would it be possible for Travis' s family to hire a lawyer to sue lifetime network and the producers of the movie seeing as how their airing of the movie before the sentence was pronounced appears to have influenced the outcome?

I doubt it BUT I like the way you think...I am hoping some creative consequences come from this debacle to assure it can NEVER happen again. My personal crusade has to do with the way the ONLY victim in this case was trashed over and over in court with some degree of "success". This should never be allowed, esp on all of our taxpayer $$$. I keep hammering the money part because I know that's what gets politician's attention. I've been tweeting about this nonstop and hoping it falls on someone's ears who can actually make a difference. It's happened before in my life and can happen again. At this stage it feels like the best I can offer--that mouthpiece--so none of this was in vain.

Need a lawyer to explain please.

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
3/4/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/4/2015
3/4/2015 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 3/4/2015
3/4/2015 ALT - Appeals Letter Of Transmittal - Party (001) 3/6/2015
NOTE: MANDATE & OPINION
3/4/2015 MAN - Order Of Mandate - Party (001) 3/6/2015
NOTE: JURISDICTION ACCEPTED AND RELIEF GRANTED

JMO-- Her cases from here on will probably be motivated only by hoping to get the chance to show up in court in a hand delivered, freshly dry cleaned outfit. I can only hope that most of them will be thrown out.

I'm so incompetent when looking for info.....but, I do recall she was gong to sue because she got an infection in a fake boobish and because somehow, she contracted HepC somehow in the jail.

Ugh... it never seems to end. Here's the latest news bite on juror 17... http://www.fox10phoenix.com/clip/11208848/juror-speaks-out-about-juror-17s-link-to-juan-martinez

Thank you for posting this Val.

Something that hit me hard when listening to this juror was when she said that she [J17] should be prosecuted for what is shaping up to be juror misconduct if proven and that J17 "put us through hell". No matter what our opinions are about what J17 did what really matters is what this "lone juror" did to her fellow jurors and the justice process.

Depending on how you define "persecuted", I guess one could make an argument that J17 persecuted her fellow jurors.

I really hope the County Attorney's Office is interviewing these jurors. I suspect that the jurors were being very careful in what they said during the Presser after the verdict out of respect for the process but clearly there is a need to explore what wasn't said. I personally believe that the juror that was identified as being "angry" during the Presser may reveal much more as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77