Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am "deeply disturbed as to how the juror's names were leaked" too, but I am "Concerned" about all the juror's. There are many out there who would harm a person whom is willing to vote for death. Silent 17 is no more at risk for being on this trial than any other juror unless her own actions land her in pink with Sheriff Joe.
I think you misunderstood me. I do not place concern for he above the others, quite the opposite, as her actions may abc placed her in the position to be under scrutiny.

Call me silly - but how does a 33/34 year old back in 2013 do a high school presentation.
I know GED, but how has that been verified.

Could her daughter have the same first name and the fathers (J17's ex) last name?

I know right? Also the whole Tupac thing was pretty immature. There could be hundreds of people in the US with that same name.

I've seen that speculated a lot here on WS, that she had some vendetta against JM. Can you point me to where this has been proven as fact?

It's being investigated.....in the meantime, IIRC, speculation is allowed here.

JAII has removed the 11 jurors' names.

Someone must be feeling some heat.

Too little too late. Some on that site are really mentally disturbed IMO. Anyone who would wish death on an 82 year old sheriff for doing his job *Sheriff Joe* has some serious issues. M.R.= :busted:

Why is the civil case that JA is involved in also being kept from Internet public records?

CV2014-008356

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/caseSearch.asp

Surprised that no reporters or bloggers have gotten the records on that one as well.

MOO
I would love to know what this is about. You're right. Nothing, but nothing spoken about it. I was surprised to hear this. I can't even imagine that she is testifying in a civil suit for what, who? Will she be on the stand for 18 days? LOL

What troubles me is how people instantly jump to conclusions and then go off half-cocked. This happens every day; we see it all over social media. People either can't or won't wait for real facts or verification, they take something others said (or someone else's impression) as absolute fact. Credibility often gets assigned based on amount of emotional resonance to the issue. Logic is on the back burner if it even exists.

I personally find that a scary and abhorrent practice. I knew there were irrational people out there but wow. We've seen things nuanced in the past to fit an agenda and then it turns out the actual truth is something different. This is the downside to social media. People's opinions suddenly count as if it's evidence and unvarnished truth. One nugget of fact is found then that creates a bunch of new theories, when the whole story still has to be investigated and verified by people who have the knowledge and ability in an official capacity.

Sometimes I really don't follow Monica's logic. Or maybe I'm reading this wrong.

She says the system isn't broken because there is recourse against stealth jurors. But then, doesn't she say how wrong it would be to prosecute a stealth juror?

Um, yeah...what she probably means is there is recourse against a stealth juror whose agenda is to hang a jury in favor of the prosecution, but it would be oh-so-very-wrong to prosecute a stealth juror with an agenda in favor of the defense.

Let's face it--if anything were done about this juror all those in the killer's camp would call it revenge on the part of the state instead of legal recourse taken against one who lied and deceived.

IMO

Too little too late. Some on that site are really mentally disturbed IMO. Anyone who would wish death on an 82 year old sheriff for doing his job *Sheriff Joe* has some serious issues. M.R.= :busted:

From the sidebar:

And the juror list is back up on JAII.

I am blocked from that site, so I can't check if that means full names etc.

ETA: I'm unblocked!! Weird .. OK .. Full names back up!

It may be speculation, even though the trail of names seems to track back to her and with a listing of a Phoenix high school through classmates. I don't post much and I'm quite open to being wrong. I don't have the skills y'all do, but wow, what a coincidence.

From what I could gather that's all it was, names of her relatives she had sleuthed but had no connection to that Anti Death Penalty speech other than a common name. That's a big leap and I'm not surprised Court Chatter took it down. I'm surprised they put it up there to begin with.

Go sheriff Joe ~ He definitely has her number

Joe Arpaio ‏@RealSheriffJoe · Mar 6
Trying to put a stop to #jodiarias social media antics which she conducts from jail. May hit legal road block.

Um, yeah...what she probably means is there is recourse against a stealth juror whose agenda is to hang a jury in favor of the prosecution, but it would be oh-so-very-wrong to prosecute a stealth juror with an agenda in favor of the defense.

Let's face it--if anything were done about this juror all those in the killer's camp would call it revenge on the part of the state instead of legal recourse taken against one who lied and deceived.

IMO

That is of course what they will say, but the prosecutor needs to clarify that the people of the state of AZ have $3million reasons why justice must be brought *IF* any wrong doing is proven.

Should be easy to verify. Some claimed to have checked Arizona's Public Records under Marriages under the writer's name and Juror #17 1st husbands name was listed.

It's a name she used yes, but zero proof it's the same person who posted the Anti Death Penalty speech. I know the info about her ex being prosecuted by Juan has been confirmed. Two separate issues, hope I clarified the part I'm questioning.

The other thing troubling for me about J17 is whether it's true her husband was soliciting funds for an interview immediately following the verdict.

That shows secondary gain from her being the lone holdout.

Her husbands responses in the interview also seemed prepared to me

MOO

Just want to say my thanks button is WAY WONKY today so thanks for all the posts everyone. Keeps it interesting!

That is of course what they will say, but the prosecutor needs to clarify that the people of the state of AZ have $3million reasons why justice must be brought *IF* any wrong doing is proven.

I agree it should be investigated and recourse taken but what I suspect will happen is any investigation might lead to some rules being changed--maybe even an old law being tweaked or a new law enacted. That, imo, would be a good thing and certainly better than just sweeping this under the rug. I just don't think this particular juror will be required to pay the piper--the case is too high profile and even with the best of intentions the state would be seen as a bully.

Given the outcome of this case is not a bad one, I think the state has some serious thinking to do about whether they should open a brand new can of worms.

I served on a Grand Jury in Baltimore for four months several years ago. I remember that they told us that we had investigative powers and could open investigations - does this happen in Arizona as well?

That's true in GA too. I used grand juror "investigative powers" to find out why our dirt road hadn't been paved when others with a lot fewer houses had. I used county records to show political donors/relatives got precedence, threatened to send the facts to the local paper, and our road immediately moved to the top of the "paving" line.

Go sheriff Joe ~ He definitely has her number

Joe Arpaio ‏@RealSheriffJoe · Mar 6
Trying to put a stop to #jodiarias social media antics which she conducts from jail. May hit legal road block.

Wow. I had no idea that convicted murderers in Arizona had a legal right to social media.

Can I just say ... :welcomeback: ANJ missed you!!

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 4m4 minutes agoSources: Only 6 copies of list of jurors full names existed. Judge, two court aides, court reporter, and pros & def got 1 each. #jodiarias

Wow. I had no idea that convicted murderers in Arizona had a legal right to social media.

Not quite. Convicts have a legal right to talk to people and those people have a legal right to post things on the Interwebs of their own volition. First amendment. That's why Sheriff Joe mentions legal roadblocks. Arias herself is not sitting at a computer typing away. And it's not just Twitter. He'd have to take on all media outlets, not just social media. Anyone who quotes a convict's words (that would include people like Troy Hayden, as well as newspapers or TV news) would have to be stopped. And he couldn't only stop Arias, he'd have to find a way to stop all convicts. Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member