Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every dateline or 48 hours mystery i see, the murderer is cuffed upon "guilty" announcement, and taken away by sheriffs,, WHY oh WHY does CMJA not have the same treatment, I would have LOVED to see that, and was surprised and dissappointed it didn't happen.

I was, too. I can't wait to see her on April 13th for her sentencing. Please, JSS give her LWOP.

Do we believe Beth?

I believe her. I weigh what she, as well as other journalists, report and form my own opinion once I see what I can confirm. I see a lot of "snark" about BK and from what I can see it seems to be related to things that she reports on that aren't necessarily bashing the defense or their strategy. I have never heard her say anything that was supportive of JA or her defense team. But you know, sometimes you just have to give the devil their due and that helacious defense team got her off without the death penalty. As far as who is right about whether Perryville inmates will like her or hate her, I can only imagine that there will be some of each and some who don't give a carp about her. There will be "followers" who will try to latch onto JA coattails in hopes of maybe getting some attention themselves or maybe a candy bar. Garbage is made of lots of things........and there is some real garbage in Perryville.

Thanks Lyric - you should have seen me crying and trying to put it together at the time - OMG. Still gets me but it also brings me some comfort in a way due to the amazing relationships and outpouring in our Observer's thread. I saw a post the other day and realized how long ago it was as someone asked what is the Elephant about!

For anyone who wants to see what the "elephants" were in reference to, here is the link. Elephants For Travis I have a scrapbook full of things from the days of The Observer's Thread. Alot of it is pics of gifts that posters from here had sent to KCL (in turn she made sure the proper people received them) I always told KCL that when I grow up, I want to be just like her, well guess what? I am grown, and I find myself walking in her footprints, albeit the fit is still a little loose... but I'll get there. What a beautiful, kind lady!!! Also, A_News_Junkie holds a special place in my heart... she always did the design work for us when we needed whatever.. can you say graphic designer? LMAO. Great memories from 2013. :loveyou:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?202457-Elephants-for-Travis

Seriously though, think of it the other way... What is someone is falsely convicted b/c of a stealth juror who has a vendetta against a defense attorney who couldn't get their loved one out of a prison sentence or something.... That is really scary too... I know that is much more rare, but it's still something that I've considered...

Either way I think the rules/laws need to be enforced or our judicial system won't survive...

I think that because the right to a jury trial is held so sacred in this country, nothing will happen to Juror 17 even if the powers that be find her behavior to be questionable. If she has not committed any crime, this will all just blow over. Even perjury, which would be difficult to prove, will not qualify for anything happening to her.

It's too touchy a subject--jury duty. People do not want to serve for the most part yet without a good reason to be excluded, jury duty is not something one can just opt out of. If it is an inconvenience at best, it can be an intrusion of major proportions when one is called to serve in a lengthy, high-profile trial.

If jurors are prosecuted for misdeeds of a non-criminal nature, jury duty will be seen with even more loathing than it already incites in many citizens. That's one reason why I do not expect to see any charges happen against either Juror 17 or the foreman of the first jury in this case. Both apparently had an agenda and both at the very least lied by omission in order to carry out their agenda.

The threat of prosecution for perjury that could rise from taking action against the two jurors involved in this case might serve to send a well-needed message to future jurors, but I think in a high-profile case there has to be more restraint exercised as any action taken would be viewed as prejudice or bias on the part of the state. In such cases, charging a juror with wrongdoing may not be worth risking the tongue-wagging that would ensue. At best, we may have to be satisfied with some type of overhaul of the jury selection process such as potential jurors being screened more carefully before final selection to sit on a jury.

IMO.

BK is trustworthy... In fact during the first trial didn't she get on here and post? I feel like we sort of got to get to know her personally during the first trial since some of the members here went and watched the trial and got to know BK.

I believe her. I weigh what she, as well as other journalists, report and form my own opinion once I see what I can confirm. I see a lot of "snark" about BK and from what I can see it seems to be related to things that she reports on that aren't necessarily bashing the defense or their strategy. I have never heard her say anything that was supportive of JA or her defense team. But you know, sometimes you just have to give the devil their due and that helacious defense team got her off without the death penalty. As far as who is right about whether Perryville inmates will like her or hate her, I can only imagine that there will be some of each and some who don't give a carp about her. There will be "followers" who will try to latch onto JA coattails in hopes of maybe getting some attention themselves or maybe a candy bar. Garbage is made of lots of things........and there is some real garbage in Perryville.

I don't know about that, but it sure adds to the long list of reasons why she is SCARY. As does 2 guns, a silencer, and a rage that even murdering someone 3 ways didn't end.

PS. JA apparently called those girls during her video-thon on Saturday not the other way around, so that must have been AFTER parents found out. Yikes and yikes and yikes. 26 other calls and it was important to her to sneak a call to two underage girls and encourage them to lie and sneak too?

ITA, but I thought the calls had to be incoming?

Seriously though, think of it the other way... What is someone is falsely convicted b/c of a stealth juror who has a vendetta against a defense attorney who couldn't get their loved one out of a prison sentence or something.... That is really scary too... I know that is much more rare, but it's still something that I've considered...

Either way I think the rules/laws need to be enforced or our judicial system won't survive...

Can you be wrongfully convicted by one stealth juror? To be convicted, it has to be unanimous, so it would seem that a stealth or rogue juror could only acquit a guilty person

Just curious -- is there any legal reason for anyone owning a silencer for a gun. I understand guns for protection and hunting, but a silencer? I just don't get it.

Can you be wrongfully convicted by one stealth juror? To be convicted, it has to be unanimous, so it would seem that a stealth or rogue juror could only acquit a guilty person

Stealth jurors usually hope to upset what is believed to be the inevitable. They are loners without sole power to either convict or acquit...all they can do is upset the process by hanging a jury. Hung jury does not mean the person goes free; it usually means they will be tried again. I have heard of trials that ended in mistrial by hung jury more than once before finally getting a jury verdict.

I personally would like to see more states adopt rules that recognize a 11-1 vote as a verdict. IOW, some states currently do not require all 12 jurors to agree; I would like to see all states go that way. It would not eliminate the possibility of stealth jurors doing their thing but it would make it more difficult for them, IMO.

Oh, if only this was the way it really went down....

[video=youtube;Hz8YR22DduI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz8YR22DduI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Radar- thank you for posting all these modified and highly improved upon videos. :)

ITA, but I thought the calls had to be incoming?

From what I know the calls from prison or jails are outgoing and the person receiving the call has to be approved. The video visits are paid for in advance.
I'd be unsure if all 27 calls made on that one day were video calls because they normally have to be scheduled in advance.
It seems Jodi was able to call people who were unapproved. This could be because they had given false information or 3 way calling.
All jmo as I don't know this for fact.

Didn't the local taxpayers already pay for this? It seems it should be public record, freely available at this point. When did the Courts start selling trials?

If it was a media camera setup to record then I suppose the media company had been paying for it, not the citizens of AZ. Citizens could go to see the trial in person. Just like the court record is not free and that has to be paid for, for a copy, even though the CR is employed by the state.

Stealth jurors usually hope to upset what is believed to be the inevitable. They are loners without sole power to either convict or acquit...all they can do is upset the process by hanging a jury. Hung jury does not mean the person goes free; it usually means they will be tried again. I have heard of trials that ended in mistrial by hung jury more than once before finally getting a jury verdict.

I personally would like to see more states adopt rules that recognize a 11-1 vote as a verdict. IOW, some states currently do not require all 12 jurors to agree; I would like to see all states go that way. It would not eliminate the possibility of stealth jurors doing their thing but it would make it more difficult for them, IMO.

All it takes is a vote from the state legislature to pass such a change. What states have it already and which ones would top your list to change (besides AZ)?

Devaults infraction

Violation DateInfractionVerdict DateVerdict
11/11/2014DISOBEY VERBAL/WRITTEN ORDER11/12/2014GUILTY-MIN.VIOL
08/24/2014BARTER/TRADE/SELL GOODS/SRVCS08/26/2014GUILTY-MIN.VIOL
08/01/2014DISRUPT COUNT OR OUT OF PLACE08/06/2014GUILTY-MIN.VIOL

Iggg jas gonna have a tough time in there, the ja we saw in court is not the real ja

Too bad so sad NOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to whoever posted this website. I am book marketing it to read all about JA's little manipulations/infractions and there will be many.

Marissa's infractions:
Bartering, selling goods and disobeying orders 2 months after her arrival in June....
Her release date is Dec. 31, 9999

Yes - chock full of memories!!!!!! I am not really back (my eyes can't take it - but right now I can't help myself even if I do end up seeing double of everything!)

Congrats on the engagement and the article to the jurors btw!!!

Article to the jurors ????

Someone on twitter corresponded with a couple of inmates from Perryville. They said the prisoners are well aware of CMJA since many have tv's in their cells, and that she is a hot topic of conversation during rec time. The one thing said that stood out, is the prisoners already hate CMJA, because they see the inequity in the fact that she got a $3 million + defense paid for, and they got bare minimum public defenders for their cases. That ticks them of I guess. So they already view her as someone who has received special treatment.

I hope they give her their own version of "special treatment." hehe

Just a query - how did JA get two lawyers i.e. KN & JW and a $3 million defense? Some explanation would be helpful please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get