Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!! WHERE is the proof???!!! That's what I keep wondering.. Even with all the heated online discussion I have yet to see anything remotely close to a threat or that would indicate that j17's safety is at risk!! Total VICTIM mentality!!!

Please, someone needs to make it very clear to j17 that people voicing their opinions is in no way threatening your safety, and it's probably something she needs to get used to. She can't expect to deceive the system the way she did and not expect to live in infamy. She needs to be well aware that she will never live this down, she will ALWAYS be known for what she did. ALWAYS!

I am so sick and tired of cottling criminals!

I was not aware that her name has been made public.

17 did wrong, IMO, but I hope no one does anything they might regret.

I know, right? And from the price list someone posted a few threads back, commissary prices are pretty low as opposed to what we would pay for our candy and any snacks at a 7-11 store.

I don’t understand how they can sell at such low prices. Is it somehow subsidized? I read that Maricopa County jail charges inmates $1.25 a day for meals. Wonder if Perryville charges for meals or if they have any other Pay-To-Stay fees.

Cmja...unfortunately HAS been treated special due to the high profile nature. She's prone to throwing tantrums and i do believe sheriff Joe thought preserving her trial was more important. With sheriff joes jail ALREADY under scrutiny for human rights violations the last thing they needed was for her to say they violated due process and get out on a technicality far more so until the last hung jury. The conviction wasn't completed until sentencing is imposed. Believe me I'm sure it literally killed him he HAD to treat her special. However I'm almost certain he will more than return the favor of making her life hell In the future.

OK but sentencing has not been imposed yet....not until April 13th if there aren't any delays

She's spent an average of $100 a week on commissary?! And has barely eaten the tasty meals Sheriff Joe has provided. Every penny she's spent to gorge herself on junk has been stolen from what she owes the Alexanders. I hope their civil suit is soon, brief, and followed up with the means to seize every last cent from her hidden accounts

Looking at the cheap commissary prices and the amount of money she'd been spending per week, she should weigh 300 lbs. In my opinion, she's bartering (another rule breaker) for services rendered such as the video chat circumvention, who knows what else, but she sure isn't eating that much in junk food, I'm pretty sure.

Now how about that person who broke the rules for giving ja the videochats - isn't that person in trouble, too? Is she mad at ja?

ja won't be able to get as many dupes if she can't pay via meat sticks and cheetos - sosadtoobad - although I haven little doubt that there are still some wimpy girls who would do it just because ja is so "nice" and *cough choke* "innocent"

blech.

Here's a link on preparing a presentence report in AZ. I can see why she didn't bother if it includes statements from the victim's family. I think it's just a way to try to get a sentence that will include probation at some point?

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/your-presentence-report-how-improve-it.html

I also think Nurmi did not agree with her decision because when he was telling the judge he was saying "apparently my client...." and I think HE wanted to make a record so she can't use it against HIM for ineffective counsel appeals. And just the wonky way he was telling the judge prompting her to say "which is it? Does she waive her right or not?"

From Fox10 Phoenix: https://twitter.com/FOX10Phoenix

FOX 10 Phoenix retweeted
Andrew Hasbun @andrewfox10 · 40m 40 minutes ago

JUST IN: full statement from Maricopa County Attorney regarding #jodiarias juror 17.

B_62dF2VAAAsrH4.jpg:large

I've read everything I could find regarding juror #17, and enjoyed the numerous opinions here. While I don't know what went on in that deliberation room nor what was in her heart and mind, I do find several things odd.

During voir dire she stated she could give the death penalty. What evidence did she see/hear to change her mind - the autopsy photos, the incessant lies, the DT witnesses?

She stated the killer was not the monster the LMN movie portrayed her as. What did she see/hear that actually caused her opinion of the killer to improve?

Why did she claim the 11 harangued her yet she accused them of using the DP for revenge?

Were all her questionable SM likes and visits purely coincidental and innocent? What are the odds?

Why didn't she fully disclose her husbands' criminal records? Why didn't she raise her hand when asked if she knew any of the court officers?

Why did her husband offer her story to the media for a fee, instead of granting an interview?

I don't question these things because of the verdict because I'm satisfied LWOP will be a horrible existence for decades to come. I'm frustrated with the possible manipulation of the justice system. How many of us would want to be a juror knowing one individual could interfere with due process? IDK if #17 did anything wrong, but I do hope there's a full investigation.

ETA: I see #17 and husband have closed FB and MS accounts, at least in their names. Are they afraid? If so, of whom - the public or the State?

I was thinking of all the people who can't/don't spend anywhere near that amount. It's sad that there are those who either support her out of complete naïveté or belief in her, but it's frightening there are those who know what she is and support her as a kind of FY to the rest of society. They are almost as scary as the felon, imo.

I spend less than that per week and I eat well. What irks me even more is that on her murderous trip she only had a couple hundred dollars to her name. I think even she's surprised at how relatively well things have worked out for her. The whole "fan club" phenomena must have stoked her ego beyond reasonable expectations. Any remorse she may have felt evaporated when she saw she could reinvent herself through her crimes and THRIVE.

The lady I was talking to at work, whose mother lives in Arizona, either Phoenix or Mesa, said alot of men are sending her $$ to put on her account. If true, that may be where she's getting all this dough.

I think after listening in on her phone convos and people writing, calling in and complaining--they finally had the ammo to do something abt her shenanigans...imo

Sounds like the AZ heat burned up their last brain cell.

As most of us expected, they are going to stay away from prosecuting Juror #17.

This basically is just the DA asking everybody to leave Juror 17 alone and don't be mean to her.

Case Closed.

I agree with what Bill Montgomery is saying. People should leave J17 alone and not be mean to her. She was a juror, and sometimes flawed people end up on juries and bring their flawed reasoning with them.

She withheld vital information during voir dire. She consorts with felons. Why should we believe anything else she says? And Juan tried to get her tossed.

Are we seeing perjury among other things expediently brushed under the carpet? AGAIN?

Perjury isn't really worth pursuing in court without specific evidence of lying vs mis-remembering. We don't know that J17 has much of a grasp on reality. Everything I have read suggests that she isn't much of a thinker and has poor communication skills.

I wish they had a better juror, but they didn't.

I spend less than that per week and I eat well. What irks me even more is that on her murderous trip she only had a couple hundred dollars to her name. I think even she's surprised at how relatively well things have worked out for her. The whole "fan club" phenomena must have stoked her ego beyond reasonable expectations. Any remorse she may have felt evaporated when she saw she could reinvent herself through her crimes and THRIVE.

All true, except for the remorse thing. There is no concept of remorse for a psychopath. Arias might feel regret--but that would be for herself only, for how things went wrong for her. She likely regrets not doing things differently only because she got caught and has been convicted and now has to pay for her crime, rather than being free and praised for successfully doing away with the man who betrayed her. In her mind, that's exactly what he did, and what she did.

I view the CA press release differently than you guys do. If you read paragraph 3, any and all misconduct will be investigated and has the potential to be prosecuted. It could be misconduct AGAINST J17 or BY J17. They could be subpoenaing her phone records/texts right now.

If they were going to do anything about J17 they would have done it last week right after the verdict. After seeing the report from JSS as to them knowing that J17 was a problem, if an investigation was warranted they would have stormed her house that afternoon and grabbed computers and whatever else they needed. The next day at the very latest.

What did they do instead ? Nothing. The entire weekend came and went and by Monday morning, I think we can all rest assured that a bunch of the incriminating evidence that may have been available had been deleted and wiped clean. Facebook accounts altered or deleted, pictures deleted, e-mails gone, cell phone messages deleted, etc...etc....etc.

I'll bet her Facebook page doesn't even resemble today what it looked like when Flores was investigating pre-verdict, if it still exists at all.

The computer she was using may be in the Phoenix landfill by now, buried under 15 tons of Nurmi's court motions and fast food leftovers.

I agree with what Bill Montgomery is saying. People should leave J17 alone and not be mean to her. She was a juror, and sometimes flawed people end up on juries and bring their flawed reasoning with them.

Perjury isn't really worth pursuing in court without specific evidence of lying vs mis-remembering. We don't know that J17 has much of a grasp on reality. Everything I have read suggests that she isn't much of a thinker and has poor communication skills.

I wish they had a better juror, but they didn't.

I don't think the statement says the investigation has been put to rest, on the contrary it says if there is legitimate wrongdoing it will be prosecuted. The statement was addressed to the public stating they should not take justice into their own hands, there are proper channels for justice to be rendered, and those channels will be based on legitimate investigation and genuine evidence, that's all.

All true, except for the remorse thing. There is no concept of remorse for a psychopath. Arias might feel regret--but that would be for herself only, for how things went wrong for her. She likely regrets not doing things differently only because she got caught and has been convicted and now has to pay for her crime, rather than being free and praised for successfully doing away with the man who betrayed her. In her mind, that's exactly what he did, and what she did.

I totally agree, regret is the more appropriate word. She only cries for herself.

If they were going to do anything about J17 they would have done it last week right after the verdict. After seeing the report from JSS as to them knowing that J17 was a problem, if an investigation was warranted they would have stormed her house that afternoon and grabbed computers and whatever else they needed. The next day at the very latest.

What did they do instead ? Nothing. The entire weekend came and went and by Monday morning, I think we can all rest assured that a bunch of the incriminating evidence that may have been available had been deleted and wiped clean. Facebook accounts altered or deleted, pictures deleted, e-mails gone, cell phone messages deleted, etc...etc....etc.

I'll bet her Facebook page doesn't even resemble today what it looked like when Flores was investigating pre-verdict, if it still exists at all.

The computer she was using may be in the Phoenix landfill by now, buried under 15 tons of Nurmi's court motions and fast food leftovers.
How do you know they did nothing? Because they didn't storm her house? They can also subpoena server copies which couldn't be locally deleted. They said they were investigating, I have no reason to disbelieve them. Even if they don't turn up anything provably illegal, even that doesn't mean they didn't investigate. To believe otherwise after they said they were, would mean they lied, and therefore should be investigated themselves...it doesn't make sense to me that they would say they were and then not...I just think people want things to go a certain way and if they don't they want to believe that something is amiss, I don't think it means that.

How do you know they did nothing? Because they didn't storm her house? They can also subpoena server copies which couldn't be locally deleted. They said they were investigating, I have no reason to disbelieve them. Even if they don't turn up anything provably illegal, even that doesn't mean they didn't investigate. To believe otherwise after they said they were, would mean they lied, and therefore should be investigated themselves...it doesn't make sense to me that they would say they were and then not...I just think people want things to go a certain way and if they don't they want to believe that something is amiss, I don't think it means that.

No, no,no.......they said they were investigating the leaking of the jurors names that appeared on the pro Jodi website. I never saw anybody say they were investigating juror 17....anywhere. We talked about it here all weekend long.

The more time goes on, the happier I am with the hung jury. I won't be completely happy until she is actually sentenced and taken away but just the fact that SHE is not happy makes me all the more happier. I really think she wanted and expected the DP. I wonder if she would have smiled if that had been the verdict? She really has reinvented herself...for the time being...but once she is completely out of the limelight she won't have as many followers and will just be another DV victim (cough cough snark snark) that HAD to kill her abuser (snark again) and hopefully no one will care about her any longer. I think she would have made us all miserable for years to come and especially the Alexanders if she would have gotten the DP. If you watch her face when the hung jury was announced she looks like she is about to cry and not from happiness.

No, no,no.......they said they were investigating the leaking of the jurors names that appeared on the pro Jodi website. I never saw anybody say they were investigating juror 17....anywhere. We talked about it here all weekend long.
That's true, kind of two things going on that seem somehow related but aren't. Montgomery's statement did say when there's credible allegations of wrongdoing in cases like J17 they will be investigated, but you're right, I don't think his office ever said they were investigating her. Thanks.

Those $$$ Jodi is blowing through are not a bottomless pit. The donors will find a new 'cause' once she is in the Perryville black hole. They won't see or hear from Jodi anymore. Out of sight out of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost