Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of speculation regarding what PT knew about J17 prior to her selection on the jury but no links have been provided to back up those claims. Please provide links when you are posting as if it is a fact. This is how rumors are started and we want to be clear on this.

Thanks, Lambchop

FYI, I know links and other info have been provided over the last week as people have been discussing one or more questions asked during voir dire and what information was known at the time of jury selection (one example: see Beth Karas' voir dire notes pasted by people on this and the sidebar threads).

How many times is it required to include a link to information that has already been linked to previously during an ongoing discussion of an issue that occurs over many days?

And, is the same requirement needed (provide a link/proof) before calling J17 or any other juror a liar or perjurer?

Just wanted to add about the juror foreman's interview.

They DID see Jodi's behavior: Whispering to MLDR, Wilmott. Having fun. Smiling. Coloring. No remorse. Also, she did NOT like DeMarte.

YES!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Wilmott and Nurmi sure gave them a lot of time and an unobstructed view of the killer in her "environment" while at sidebar. I'm thrilled they saw it, too!

When this all first came out after the verdict I said this mistake is on the state (PT). There were waving red flags with this juror just based on the things she did disclose, and yet the state let her on the panel. It appears there was enough info to excuse her without the state having to use any of their limited peremptory challenges.

For some reason very few want to or will acknowledge the painful truth that the PT made this error. All blame has been placed on J17 for getting on the panel and for not proactively self-disclosing during voir dire all the reasons they should exclude her. Well, that's the voir dire process and if she answered the questions posed and answered truthfully then it's not her fault the state didn't ask the right questions or do any further inquiry. IF she lied then that is on her, but so far I haven't seen evidence of lying, just a lot of speculation that she must have lied and 'obviously' lied.

I understand what you are saying. I believe she may have had good intentions going on this jury, but, something tells me she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and discussed this case with friends and family that may have influenced her thought process. Of course, we do not have proof of this. Going in deliberations and not budging is suspicious, IMO. I do think that some people see JA in person and see how tiny she is, therefore, how can she commit this horrible crime unless she had a good reason to -> abused woman. Also, Dr. F and Geff may have some sparked some emotions within her.

I understand what you are saying. I believe she may have had good intentions going on this jury, but, something tells me she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and discussed this case with friends and family that may have influenced her thought process. Of course, we do not have proof of this. Going in deliberations and not budging is suspicious, IMO. I do think that some people see JA in person and see how tiny she is, therefore, how can she commit this horrible crime unless she had a good reason to -> abused woman. Also, Dr. F and Geff may have some sparked some emotions within her.

I'm not so concerned with what J17's intentions were or her intelligence as relates to this voir dire issue, as much as realizing she did disclose what was enough information to indicate one or more red flags. I'm still not clear on how or why the state allowed her on the jury panel. If some grandma types can easily find info about this juror, then I don't know why the state couldn't (or didn't). This issue is about the state and their actions or lack of actions in vetting.

I'm so impressed that this jury took everything in, including all the obfuscation and distraction of the defense, and came out with such an accurate picture of reality.

Me too. Which makes the foreman's take on the DT's witnesses even more baffling. He says the jury liked and listened to MF. WTH? And that they were torn between the testimonies of Geffy and DM. WTH?

He did say that they realized in deliberations that the DT's portrayal of Travis was false, but he didn't say anything about MF and Geffy's paid role in creating that false impression for them. Curious. Maybe the interview just didn't cover that part (just that Geffy shouldn't have returned for round 2).

I'd very much hate for MF or Geffy to find any solace in what the jury has to say about them.

I also read in TrialDiaries Foreman interview that they saw her testimony as 'rehearsed'.
Isn't it something that all the time the def spent on the *advertiser censored*, they said "it's didn't even matter, nor was even discussed", that included J17!! Nurm just had to keep talking about it because it was important to him, since that's what his law practice boasts.
Obviously a subject with which he feels comfortable, and believes to be universally applicable and exploitable.

:giggle: I love the disclaimer at the top: "Sorry, we cannot send from one inmate to another". JA is soooo screwed.

Awww her fans from other Countries will not be able to send the "Goddess" a care package :giggle:

PAYMENT: We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit / debit cards and prepaid cards (that have a verifiable United States address). When paying by credit card be sure
to include the card number, expiration date, card verification number (3 digit card verification number found on the back of the card), card member’s name, address and phone
number. We do not accept prepaid credit cards that lack the ability to assign a valid United States address to the card holder.

https://www.accesscatalog.com/downloads/OrderForms/AZ_DOC_2015_OF.pdf

Me too. Which makes the foreman's take on the DT's witnesses even more baffling. He says the jury liked and listened to MF. WTH? And that they were torn between the testimonies of Geffy and DM. WTH?

He did say that they realized in deliberations that the DT's portrayal of Travis was false, but he didn't say anything about MF and Geffy's paid role in creating that false impression for them. Curious. Maybe the interview just didn't cover that part (just that Geffy shouldn't have returned for round 2).

I'd very much hate for MF or Geffy to find any solace in what the jury has to say about them.
I wasn't aware he said that, that's disappointing. Maybe with time and perspective he'll realize that if he and the rest of the jury could see the truth, it should also have been obvious to a professional with access to the same information, and in that light it makes her testimony intentionally biased, and her motives less than honorable.

I wouldn't be surprised to see her with her attorney on the talk shows. If she had honestly deliberate and had nothing to hide, IMO she wouldn't need an attorney to justify or defend her actions.

that place looks like a landmine of OSHA violations, imo. Her long fingers and hair drape might just cause her own demise by reaching in or leaning over any one of those machines or conveyors. [emoji57]
Yea nice set up - in which one wrong move could cost a hand.

J17 has retained an attorney to defend herself and remains under police protection.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news.../jodi-arias-juror17-bill-montgomery/70221732/

OK then, here's a question. That is one line in the article, the rest is Montgomery's statement. So, how would the newspaper KNOW she retained an attorney? She, nor her lawyer made a statement to them in the article. How would they know this? Is she communicating with ja 'fans' & they can't ever keep their mouths shut? Are they advising her? Did she do a video chat with arias on Sat., too? ja is such the advice giver.
What does she have 'to defend herself from"?

I still don't have clarity on why she made that choice. Not that a sociopath's reasoning ever makes sense. And she won't be able to appeal on it now at all. I just wonder what she was up to...other than exerting what very little control she still had.
She knew the judge would have to air it and the psychopath doesn't want us to see it because we all see right through it.

Just like the clips of her secret testimony - words - empty words and NO EMOTION or true remorse. She hates that we can see she is not capable of emotion.

What could possibly take 30 days for Jodi to "get in order?" Packing up her 100.00 a week commissary stash?

Nurmi didn't say "so she could get her affairs in order." He asked for 30 days until sentencing. It's very common for courts to wait weeks between trial ending and sentencing. For instance, in the Vanderbilt rape case, the 2 convicted will be sentenced later in April and it's already been about 5 or 6 weeks since conviction.

This time will allow the victim's family to prepare their speech so they can present that to the judge on sentencing day. There are a few steps involved before sentencing takes place. Not to worry, she's in jail and isn't getting out.

J17 has an attorney now, huh ?

I guess if she can't profit from the talk show circuit and the book deals, she'll sue her way into some money.....

Real classy.......but predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member