Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Juror 17 or 138 says or doesn't will not change the outcome. Whatever the court assistant said or didn't isn't going to change the verdict either. The person who murdered Travis Alexander has been convicted & will be sentenced. Indulging in the drama does nothing but keep it alive. Enough drama. Time to allow the victim to rest in peace & allow his family & friends to grieve.

If that's what you feel is best.....

Juror 17 and her husband are coming out of hiding for their lives and will be doing an interview with local media today. JA has had commissary, calls, and visits taken away until she's taken away to Perryville.

But, remember, It's not her fault. ;):laughcry:

Right. But seems that Jennifer was confident about what she heard enough to approach Juan and then , according to KN, go into chambers with them about it. If she didn't really hear it she must hate jss assistant for real and/OR they have some serious workplace drama going on in there.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer P, the bailiff, reported a few things she overheard/observed from Janet - Juan should be stabbed, told 1st jury foreman verdict should be 2nd degree, Janet cried when verdict of guilty was read. Those are very serious allegations, imo, and Jennifer took a big risk with her job coming forward. I'd like to hear more from the 1st jury on why they feel the way they do about Janet.

This ought to be interesting.

Maybe it will be interesting. Honest and direct answers to questions could make it so. So, maybe not.

So sad that I have a hangnail that I will need to take care of during that time slot...

I will watch it. Looking for: body language between husband and wife, which one dominates the interview, the expression on his face when 17 is talking. For content....if there was an actual agenda, other than $$ or 15 minutes of fame this will be the time they'll trot it out.

My guess is that 17 will be asked if she knew JM and she'll refuse to reply based on advice of her counsel. And yeah, she is surely going to say she felt bullied by the 11 and that she was just trying to do her duty in good faith. That part is inevitable.

I hope someone will post the video on youtube or here. I live in NC and will not be able to view it here.

I wish we could hear more from the 1st trial jurors on why they didn't like Janet. If Janet really did say all of those things and cried over the verdict, then at the very least she should not have been JSS assistant during this sentencing retrial. Do we know if she was?

Maybe it will be interesting. Honest and direct answers to questions could make it so. So, maybe not.

So sad that I have a hangnail that I will need to take care of during that time slot...

I'm sure her lawyer has already told her how to respond. I think her answers will be well rehearsed.

So Juror 17 will be on the news tonight. I'm prepared to hear how all of the other jurors bullied her, how she's been threatened and feels unsafe at home and how she didn't understand what "know" meant in regards to "Do you know any of the players here?". I'm interested to see if she will say she didn't even know Juan was her ex husband's prosecutor. In other words, I'm interested to see if she lies. Nothing she can say will make me believe she didn't know the connection between Juan and her ex husband.

I don't think she will clear anything up. I think her attorney probably advised her to make conditions about what they can and cannot ask, and her answers are probably already prepared and rehearsed in advance.

Hey guys I'm seeking the video where Judge Stephens voir dire's the group that 17 is in and there is "I see no show of hands". Does anyone have it at their fingerprints? Thanks!

I have to laugh I wrote "fingerprints" as I meant fingertips. lol

I'm currently working on a project that involved taking my own fingerprints (nothing legal lol). That's funny! :lol:

Call me crazy, but I think the judge's assistant talking about stabbing the Prosecutor and telling the jury foreman that it should be 2nd degree murder is a pretty big deal IF it's true. I would still think this even if she made the comment about Nurmi. It's very unprofessional and there's no excuse for it. Venting or joking doesn't cut it. SHE is the JUDGE's assistant! Having the JSS's assistant tell her opinion of the charges to the jury foreman goes even beyond unprofessional. If Juan's assistant spoke to the jury foreman about anything, it would have been a mistrial.

Couldn't agree more - wouldn't it be considered jury tampering no matter who said it to the foreperson?

Jennifer P, the bailiff, reported a few things she overheard/observed from Janet - Juan should be stabbed, told 1st jury foreman verdict should be 2nd degree, Janet cried when verdict of guilty was read. Those are very serious allegations, imo, and Jennifer took a big risk with her job coming forward. I'd like to hear more from the 1st jury on why they feel the way they do about Janet.

Katie Wick could give you an earful. She's also been a beezy (to use PASA's word) to the Alexanders and victim family trial watchers.

In my observations Janet is a Pit Bull and since Judge Stephens, is, well not that I can see why she would want her around (JSS I mean and no I do not think that is ok I just can see it).

Is this the same Janet Paul Sanders mentioned so frequently in his blog?

Yes. He seemed to like, or at least respect her until the MDLR racial slur accusation. In one of his FB re-trial postings he claims she was less than cordial to him, cane lady, and Mikal Ann after that incident.

Did Sherry talk to the deputy?

Idk if this has been answered but KN did say that Jennifer accompanied them to an in chambers meeting about this. He did not elaborate on whether she was questioned personally but seemed to recall the events the same way Juan did. It's worth mentioning that JSS was the one who brought this up again. It seems she wanted to get it on record that her assistant denied the allegations.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Katie Wick could give you an earful. She's also been a beezy (to use PASA's word) to the Alexanders and victim family trial watchers.

Wow, I don't even know how to grasp what she's (Janet) doing in a courtroom then! How hasn't she been removed, fired, reassigned, something???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4