AL AL - Jason Sims, 15, autistic, Fairfield, 13 Feb 2015

Birmingham, Fairfield police follow up on missing teen's case
Birmingham police detectives are investigating a missing persons case in Fairfield at the same house that was searched last month for a missing 15-year-old, possibly autistic boy. Fairfield Police Chief Leon Davis says they still have not found Jason Sims Jr., and were following up on the case today to make sure they didn't miss anything. Birmingham and Fairfield police are working together on the case.

Two Birmingham Crime Scene Unit patrol cars and one unmarked police vehicle responded to a home in the 100 block of 59th Street in Fairfield on Friday morning. Officers could be seen carrying several items out of the house, including a computer hard drive, and wearing masks.

A Hazmat team responded to the same house exactly a month ago, on Feb. 13, along with Birmingham and Fairfield police officers.
http://www.wsfa.com/story/28466746/birmingham-fairfield-police-follow-up-on-missing-teens-case
7093449_G.jpg

Birmingham police detectives are investigating a missing persons case at a home in the 100 block of 59th Street in Fairfield. Source: Greg Long/WBRC
7093375_G.jpg

Birmingham police detectives are investigating a missing persons case at a home in Fairfield where a missing 15-year-old possibly autistic boy lived with his family. Source: Greg Long/WBRC

Thank you, Los. This is good news.

Can anyone tell what LE is carrying into the home?

In the pic with the guy in a purple shirt? Looks like metallic sawhorses. Maybe so they can put a board out and have a large flat surface?

Birmingham, Fairfield police follow up on missing teen's case
http://www.wsfa.com/story/28466746/birmingham-fairfield-police-follow-up-on-missing-teens-case
7093449_G.jpg

Birmingham police detectives are investigating a missing persons case at a home in the 100 block of 59th Street in Fairfield. Source: Greg Long/WBRC
As a mom of a 14 yr old boy with special needs, this story just tears at my heart. As an avid researcher I found the poster in the comments in this article, a relative or someone close, has more details
I read the comments. While we can't really bring them here, I do question why some random person would so angrily insist their 'facts' are true in just some random story that has a minuscule MSM presence that surely could only be stumbled upon accidentally while falling down a rabbit hole. Unless it was a family member, which at this point cannot be proven nor disproven.

Nonetheless, comments about needing Hazmat certainly do raise questions, as does the 'crime scene' police vehicle shown in the image.

The very first msm reports on this case said the mom was found in the yard and determined to have been suffering with viral meningitis but that has been stricken with all their updates (anyway I can't find any mention of it). In this article http://www.myfoxal.com/story/281051...king-for-missing-teen-believed-to-be-autistic the second photo on the left with a caption explaining the haz-mat team assisted due to possible contagions in the home.

After rereading all articles, it sounds like these two are the birth parents of all 4 kids. Some of us thought Jason JR looked like mom, some said dad. So I guess we are all right.

And Ontario Mom, you are right. All mention of viral meningitis has been removed. Either it's a hippa thing, or they had the wrong info.

My confusion is with the neighbor who said she saw JS Sr walking the younger two children to school which was just down the street, however media reports that none of the children attended school. So, were any of them enrolled in school? And another question, what, if anything, did these parents do professionally? I haven't found any reference to the type of employment they had. Can anyone help with this? It might help explain why no one can find JS Jr.

My confusion is with the neighbor who said she saw JS Sr walking the younger two children to school which was just down the street, however media reports that none of the children attended school. So, were any of them enrolled in school? And another question, what, if anything, did these parents do professionally? I haven't found any reference to the type of employment they had. Can anyone help with this? It might help explain why no one can find JS Jr.

All the media reports I've read say only the youngest and the oldest (the one missing) had no school records. I don't recall reading anywhere that the middle two didn't have school records. I don't recall seeing anything about the parents employment.

Per the 1st article http://www.myfoxal.com/story/281051...king-for-missing-teen-believed-to-be-autistic
"We found no school records, no medical records, we have no photographs," Davis said.

Personally, it's hard to fathom that a mentally challenged young man is out there who, most likely, has never talked to anyone other than the parents or siblings. What possible reason could JS Sr have for not letting LE know his child's whereabouts? I'm fearing the worst because without any physical evidence of foul play we may never know what happened to JS Jr. Where could he be?

Praying for the best though...

Per the 1st article http://www.myfoxal.com/story/281051...king-for-missing-teen-believed-to-be-autistic
"We found no school records, no medical records, we have no photographs," Davis said.

Personally, it's hard to fathom that a mentally challenged young man is out there who, most likely, has never talked to anyone other than the parents or siblings. What possible reason could JS Sr have for not letting LE know his child's whereabouts? I'm fearing the worst because without any physical evidence of foul play we may never know what happened to JS Jr. Where could he be?

Praying for the best though...
Hey kdg, I think that reference to no records is for Jason Jr. It is also true of the youngest.

I'm sure the family members who had the other 3 kids, in Mulga, have been grilled. I wish we could know what came of it.

Just seeing if any new information has surfaced...anyone?

The most recent update I could find is dated 3/13: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/03/police_again_search_home_in_hu.html
Police again search home in hunt for missing 15-year-old autistic boy
Fairfield and Birmingham police returned this morning to search the home of a missing 15-year-old autistic boy but said they are no closer to finding him than they were a month ago.
Today, about 7:30 a.m., Fairfield and Birmingham police, including evidence technicians, went back out to home. "We're just following up,'' Davis said. "We went back in to make sure we didn't missing anything."

I can't find anything in the recent news about this boy. It's like he's disappeared twice.

I can't believe they still haven't located this boy :(

The comments appear to be out of order but someone asked a few hours ago if there was any word on this boy and the FPD responded just a short while ago with "unfortunately no!" :( https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=574305049371856&id=463321073803588

How does a disabled child just disappear and the parents WHOM HE LIVED WITH have no idea where he went? This is such utter BS. One of them knows exactly where he went. :gaah:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back