VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckyseven, a huge thank you for transcribing. It was so much easier reading the gobbledigook than listening. And your interpretation of sounds and mannerisms..priceless. ❤️

Exactly. If my dad was staring at me and not talking, it usually meant I was in trouble or he wanted me to go wipe my 'white lipstick' off and change out of my bell bottoms. :blush: :angel:

OMG what a flash back I just had!
the White Lipstick!
My bell bottoms were frayed on the bottom and embroidered with peace sign and flowers!

sorry to be off topic!

But thank u for the memory!

Could you imagine handing your teen 200 bucks at the gas station, and then getting them to stand there for 35 more minutes while you stare at each other? Never going to happen. LOL

I would have to pay AT LEAST $2,000 for a 35 minute stare off. Probably more.

Why did he say he dropped the car of Monday morning because she needed it Tuesday? Why not just give her the keys Monday night? What were her plans Tuesday? Why make a special trip Monday morning and have to get a ride to work if she didn't need the car until Tuesday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys raised some of the exact points I had: I also felt strange about the times when he tossed in something like "she departed my presence." I couldn't tell if he was just trying to sound smart or there was actually something more sinister in it. I tend to think maybe those were the biggest words he could come up with.

His manner of speaking definitely did make transcribing it more difficult. So many "uhs" and "ums" and "you knows" that towards the end I probably started to ease off recording them. Of course, I'd just chalk that up to the fact that I doubt he has had many public speaking engagements in the past! I did my best to convey the exact rhetoric but I did also use my discretion. Now that I've had some rest I might even go back over it and write EVERY bit out - just wait until I pop that Adderall in a few minutes!

I also questioned why he made a point to say that they struggled to find something to talk about at the gas station but just kinda stood around. I also wondered why it took him "two hours" to perform a Google search. I think this one might kinda be another example of him really trying to ham up the validity of a situation by pumping it full of random details.

Considering how many times I listened to every bit of this, I think I developed a pretty good understanding of what he was trying to say, but I did not pick up on the "possible estrangement" thing. I think it probably takes someone with a bit more life experience than me to make that connection :innocent: -- but great idea. That would answer a lot of the questions about the truck/key/house thing, as well as some of the other strange dynamics that were picked up on. Really nice catch!

This is the exact visceral reaction I had to interview. Exactly. We must have a similar thought process! Right off the bat I thought "Well, if this stuff isn't true, he's about to be arrested." I just cannot imagine anyone implicating themselves like this.

You're great to do the transcript, thank you again! You've listened to it more intently than us all probably, so sorry to put you on the spot, don't feel you have to answer. Was a live AJ in his truck with him at the gas station, do you think?

Could you imagine handing your teen 200 bucks at the gas station, and then getting them to stand there for 35 more minutes while you stare at each other? Never going to happen. LOL

I told my hubby my son would have taken that money and left right away. Unless they hadn't seen each other recently and they were catching up like as to someone alluded a possible separation.

Also, if the guilty party wanted to pick someone to frame, by putting AJ's jacket into their closet, they couldn't do so unless they knew how to break and enter houses.....oh wait....

Omg. Lol.

Why did he say he dropped the car of Monday morning because she needed it Tuesday? Why not just give her the keys Monday night? What were her plans Tuesday? Why make a special trip Monday morning and have to get a ride to work if she didn't need the car until Tuesday?

That really makes it sound like he wasn't planning on seeing her btwn Mon. and Tues. doesn't it?

You're great to do the transcript, thank you again! You've listened to it more intently than us all probably, so sorry to put you on the spot, don't feel you have to answer. Was a live AJ in his truck with him at the gas station, do you think?

Al they need is a cadaver dog!

The truth is, he would have to be an absolute idiot if he were lying about this stuff, concerning the POI, credit card, and the home search and four interviews. That has to be real information or he is certifiably insane. So it does seem that there is some possible POI more suspicious than him. HOWEVER, there is some really odd dynamic that can be seen leaking from this interview. And even if I didn't know about his history, I would be really suspicious. But sadly there are a few too many suspicious odd ducks in this case.

And it does bother me the way he 'scolds' the public for questioning him and his veracity. You reap what you sow.
Great post. This is what I was thinking last night after hearing the interview.

And the same goes for the 200 bucks. According to the interview, the boyfriend just had his birthday yesterday? Or very recently. Why the big hurry for the $? The only time I have ever met my teen at the gas station was when she was out of gas and needed to get to work. Would you leave your job to give your daughter money to buy her boyfriend a present, when she had about 10 days until his birthday?

What was the big hurry?

I told my hubby my son would have taken that money and left right away. Unless they hadn't seen each other recently and they were catching up like as to someone alluded a possible separation.

So no staring?

"Possible estrangement" -- I had forgotten when I first learned about AJ missing from her mother's post to our grad class group that I had the feeling that she was separated. I scrolled through her facebook pictures and saw no evidence of a man in the family until way back when youngest was around a year old. All the comments I was reading at the time was oriented around the Mom being so upset. "Come back, AJ. You're worrying your mom," type comments. Then a few days in, WH shows up and mom just disappears.

Over night as I was mulling the interview, I also keyed in on the truck. I can't understand how the truck could get dropped off and him get back to work. How he arrived at the gas station and then ended up late back to work, all by himself. How he was confused how the truck went from one side of the driveway to the other, since AJ must have driven to the gas station in it, right? And what gives me the WORST feeling is how he is so adamant about being late back to work, "FACT", and getting in trouble as if that somehow proves he didn't hurt her? WHAT? That is not an alibi. That's called opportunity.

I'm skeptical anytime someone uses a time so precise, such as the neighbor seeing her at 2:03. Unless, it's a documented phone call, surveillance tape, or a time card.

This is honestly something I'm really conflicted about - when did something happen to her. I know that people are saying they saw her driving around that day, but until there's something verifiable I'm not 100% convinced. I still think more so that something happened earlier than the 3rd. As someone with loads of SM-obsessed friends, to me it is impossible that she would go two entire days without using SM once - even when she was purportedly on her phone multiple times during that timespan.

I couldn't have written something that sounded more out of a TV show if I tried. Your everyday average "I do heating and air" Joe decides to show off his prowess and say a fancy French phrase and butchers it... but with the naivety of, like, a jock learning complex math. I lost it.

Precious, 'he got it' though, just give him the card.

http://www.wsls.com/story/28527289/is-missing-norfolk-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-danger

"NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Family and friends of Anjelica Hadsell have confirmed to 10 On Your Side the missing 18-year-old was on alert and scared of a certain person before her disappearance on March 2.

Hadsell communicated that information to her cousin and best friend between Feb. 13 and the day she vanished. Text messages sent by Hadsell to friends in late February about the person said, “I should probably stop texting him back,” and “HELP.”

“This person supposedly said that he wanted to hang out, and she said she didn't think it was a good idea,” said Chelsey Zirkle, who had multiple conversations with Hadsell both by phone and in person. “She was more worried that this person would maybe do something, and this person is the person we kind of suspect did something.”

That really makes it sound like he wasn't planning on seeing her btwn Mon. and Tues. doesn't it?

YES. And that 'separation' theory possibly explains why he was asking her about school and stuff. I was thinking to myself--why didn't he ask her last night or when she arrived back from school? Why stand in a gas station and ask how she likes school?

This is honestly something I'm really conflicted about - when did something happen to her. I know that people are saying they saw her driving around that day, but until there's something verifiable I'm not 100% convinced. I still think more so that something happened earlier than the 3rd. As someone with loads of SM-obsessed friends, to me it is impossible that she would go two entire days without using SM once - even when she was purportedly on her phone multiple times during that timespan.

With this interview, I'm convinced she never left the house alive, which would explain the freakish gas station "stare down," the red truck returning without AJ being seen, and much more, I'm extremely sorry to say. This is a not very smart very dangerous man, it seems to me.

Okay, so thank you, again, great job with the twilight zoney interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288