Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is it gonna cost to get J17 to show her face ? Are they still negotiating that ?

:seeya:

The only time I hope that we see J#17's face is when she is being carted off to :jail: with PERJURY charges for lying under oath during her voir dire !

She outright lied and lied by omission ... qualifies, IMO !

Ultimately it was JSS who denied Juan's motion to excuse J138/17 for cause. When asked, J138/J17 said she thought she could be fair and impartial and not use her DV situation and feelings to determine an opinion in the JA case. JSS chose to believe that. JM saw the level of emotion J17 was experiencing and wanted her gone.

That's how this went down.

To me it did not appear that the issue had anything to do with husband #1 getting convicted of a crime, nor husband #2. DV was the red flag flying in this situation, based on the voir dire. In fact, looking at how she voted in the mitigators, it was age of defendant and 'prior abuse' as the 2 mitigating factors J17 chose to believe. That aligns exactly with the issue JM raised during her voir dire.

J17 was predisposed to seeing abuse and violence, based on her own background and emotional response.

Clearly JSS didn't have all of the information (nor did anyone but J17). I feel confident that if JSS KNEW that Juan Martinez had prosecuted her former husband who went to prison, she'd have struck her then and there. Just like the Judge did to me for a weekend remodeling a bathroom with the prosecutor as part of a completely neutral team experience (a far cry from a court of law where my husband was being prosecuted).

This is such a letdown. This conclusion was not reached honestly. Had anyone held out yet deliberated and was honest I would respect their decision. Either way the killer will go. Away. So much of this process leaves a bitter taste. I cant imagine how the Alexanders feel. Steven is the one I worry about most sigh.... I wish them well in their lives ahead. Travis would want that.

Katie, great to hear this. As a former Arizonian, anything I can do to help please let me know; especially regarding any legislation surrounding trashing the victim and the potential creation of Travis' Law.

Right now I'm creating a file of "interested parties' who would stand up to work on this in some way. If you or anyone would like to be on that list, pls email me. You can find it via this link which has a post directly related to this case, this week (just trying to stick by the rules here so not posting my email addy which I think might be against them?).

http://twoinnocents.com/2015/03/15/more-arias-juror-17-revelations/

This is what #17 said in her interview.. So how did the judge know this before any of them had even left after the verdict and just who had been followed home since none of them had obviously(or she couldn't have told them), left the courthouse yet?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...s-jodi-arias-juror-interview-part-1/24829299/

""After the verdict was announced," she said, "the judge ... told us the media already had our information. That some of us had been followed home.""

Yes Val, I find this whole statement strange. She is basically saying JSS warned them right after the verdict that the court had failed to protect their information and identities. Just don't know what to make of that!

I wonder why this news station is not just airing an ask and answer interview? They are speaking for her on a lot of things supposedly based on what she said. I don't trust these types of interviews. Reminds of the NG shenanigans when they are trying to embellish. She's not coming across well in the little snippets they're giving out so I'd imagine the whole hour interview was not well done? She had trouble expressing herself? Couldn't answer some questions?

I wonder if we'll hear her actual reasons for voting the way she did? Love to see the raw footage.

MOO

I wonder why this news station is not just airing an ask and answer interview? They are speaking for her on a lot of things supposedly based on what she said. I don't trust these types of interviews. Reminds of the NG shenanigans when they are trying to embellish. She's not coming across well in the little snippets they're giving out so I'd imagine the whole hour interview was not well done? She had trouble expressing herself? Couldn't answer some questions?

I wonder if we'll hear her actual reasons for voting the way she did? Love to see the raw footage.

MOO

Right, after it was over I was like "that the best you got?". The rest must have been either really self-incriminating or just psycho. I hate to say but I don't trust the intentions of this media outlet with it's link to azcentral.com which has shown deference to this murderer THROUGHOUT and published outright lies in their paper, allowed the foreperson's number to be published DURING deliberations and on and on and on. If she did say anything self incriminating I doubt we'll hear it. And I'd be very surprised if Michael Kiefer is not sitting right in that room with her for support (blech) just like he did with Daryl Brewer.

J17 can deny ever meeting JM but why would she not disclose her ex's first arrest unless she was aware that JM was the prosecutor in that case. If she did not remember she would have disclosed it. But all she mentioned was the Verizon theft. That is significant that she failed to disclose information she knew would keep her off. jmo
... and there it is, all we ever really need to know. Even if everything else can be explained away- this cannot.

That says enough, as far as I'm concerned.

That episode did replay after the first part of JA's trial. I watched it then. If I'm not mistaken a story about JA and Juan being the prosecutor, played right before or right after it.

Now, that is interesting timing. Yet, #17 did not want to be "sucked into IT".

Hinky hinky hinky...where ever we look. IMO.

So much more, BUT even her "detail" about "vacuuming" while watching the JA story. Yet, fog about prosecutor. Reminiscent of someone else.

But above all, what bothers me most is how JSS has conducted her courtroom. For starters, Janet W. should have been removed and never allowed back in, seems prudent to me. Did she get Human Resources involved, is that how she got back in? I don't think court personal are union, obviously JSS chose to believe Janet over deputy, Jennifer.

I am such a beginner when it comes to the law and procedures.

O/T but The Jinx is trending on Twitter and Robert Durst confessed (albeit accidentally, he had a hot mic) to the killing of "all of them" last night. He has since be rearrested as of Saturday and I cannot find any forum on WS about it. We're talking about a serial killer here and I'd love to have a forum for it.

I think I would join you there. I was intrigued by the link someone posted (you?) that had a promo for Jinx in it. They make some bold claims about the audience having no questions about what happened by the time it concludes.

Good morning sleuthers. I am checking in and shaking my head at what is going on now, with this case. Every time I think things can't get worse- they do. I am loving all of your posts here, I am taking a break, but will keep my ears open and read here in the interim. I think several of you Arizonians are on the right track to get things done. If not you- than who? We are behind you, for certain. :)

OMG ... so WHO is tweeting for the :jail: !

WOW ... they have been busy in the last 10 hours

Snipped cause I can't take it anymore

Looks like Maria got to visit.
Is she still considered part of the defense team? Looks like her work is done...

Right, after it was over I was like "that the best you got?". The rest must have been either really self-incriminating or just psycho. I hate to say but I don't trust the intentions of this media outlet with it's link to azcentral.com which has shown deference to this murderer THROUGHOUT and published outright lies in their paper, allowed the foreperson's number to be published DURING deliberations and on and on and on. If she did say anything self incriminating I doubt we'll hear it. And I'd be very surprised if Michael Kiefer is not sitting right in that room with her for support (blech) just like he did with Daryl Brewer.

I'd love to see the SA's office subpoena that raw footage. :D

Katie, great to hear this. As a former Arizonian, anything I can do to help please let me know; especially regarding any legislation surrounding trashing the victim and the potential creation of Travis' Law, and the Unconstitutional secrecy of the trial.

If you all come up with anything else I can do, please PM me. Thanks

I am way behind...for the sake of catching me up...can someone just post who Jennifer and Janet are? And what the deal is, in quick fashion? Thanks so much!

Yes it does assume that. I have no reason to assume she was a stealth juror with an anti-DP agenda simply because she didn't vote for death in this case. I do have reason to believe there were waving red flags that JM saw and for that reason wanted J17 dismissed for cause. I'm not willing to invent reasons for why she voted the way she did.

BBM - I'm sorry but I don't see the DV "reasons" that have been given that some seem to see. :/

Snipped cause I can't take it anymore

Looks like Maria got to visit.
Is she still considered part of the defense team? Looks like her work is done...

Morning Tex, MDLR's job isn't complete until Travis' murderer is sentenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose