VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard some things about an 'alleged' video of the gas station encounter, does anyone know for sure or confirm the gas station had working cameras? A lot rests on this piece of info for me.

I queried NPD on the "last seen" time discrepancy. Here is the answer I received yesterday afternoon:

(Don't know how to share a screenshot here, or if that's allowed?)

ME:
Anjelica Hadsell case: in your news release here, you say: "Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk"

Family and media have been saying they last saw her at home at 7 am on the 2nd, and that a neighbour saw her at 2.30pm that day.

On Thursday 3/12, her father told media he also saw her around noon on the 2nd. It's all very confusing.

Is it possible for you to clarify these "last" seen times? Thank you.

Norfolk Police Department:

She was last see between the evening hours of March 2, and the morning hours of March 3.
Yesterday at 2:26pm · Sent from Web

Annnnndddd, the news release I was referring to, has apparently gone from the NPD Facebook page....

Evening?!

I queried NPD on the "last seen" time discrepancy. Here is the answer I received yesterday afternoon:

ME:
Anjelica Hadsell case: in your news release here, you say: "Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell was last seen on March 3, 2015 around 5:30 am at her parent’s home in the Tarrallton Area of Norfolk"

Family and media have been saying they last saw her at home at 7 am on the 2nd, and that a neighbour saw her at 2.30pm that day.

On Thursday 3/12, her father told media he also saw her around noon on the 2nd. It's all very confusing.

She was last see between the evening hours of March 2, and the morning hours of March 3.

Annnnndddd, the news release I was referring to, has apparently gone from the NPD Facebook page....

Um... what?

If a search warrant were executed would that not be public information? In HG case the media was all over the warrants ASAP.

I've heard some things about an 'alleged' video of the gas station encounter, does anyone know for sure or confirm the gas station had working cameras? A lot rests on this piece of info for me.

I don't know if it's even been disclosed which gas station they met at, so it's impossible to know anything about the cameras.

IF they found a Norview jacket it would not be incriminating. [ unless she was wearing it when she went missing]
There are lots of innocent reasons the jacket could have been there. I had several jackets/hoodies/sweaters belonging to my kids friends floating around here all the time. JMO

It could be innocent, unless it was indeed the jacket she was wearing that day.

ME:

Typo? Cause that would change everything! [emoji15]

ME:

Wow!

I would really love to see the MP report now!!

Still stuck on the "door key" comment (sorry, details matter, and this one has me seriously confused). I actually woke up this morning thinking about it, rolled over in bed, and randomly queried Hubby. "Hey, is there ANY scenario in which you would need 2 separate keys to a vehicle, one to open the door and one to start the ignition?". After looking at me like I'd grown an extra eye, he replied, "Well, if the truck was stolen at some point, I guess so. Or if it had maybe been in an accident and the door was replaced? Or....ummm....if at some point the ignition was replaced?".

Hmmmm. Okay, so this morning I go back to the transcript. WH is a word salad artiste, but he certainly SEEMS to be connecting both keys to the truck. Maybe he's NOT talking about the house key like I assumed. Maybe he's saying exactly what he appears to be saying, that he left the ignition key in the mailbox but not the key to unlock the truck door. If that's the case...it makes more sense, and it actually makes it easier to figure out what the heck WH is trying to tell us regarding the truck. He had to leave the vehicle unlocked, because hey, he didn't leave the door key and AJ had to be able to open the door in order to get in and start the truck. But then, why would this be an important detail to share? Maybe because LE has the truck? Maybe in case something odd was discovered, and that base needed to be covered?

(Hypothetical) "I didn't have the key to start the truck, but I did have the key to the door, and that's how I was able to get inside and look around after she went missing?"....that sort of thing, maybe?

Just rolling around in the speculation muck.

ETA: But then, that would mean that AJ would have to leave the truck unlocked in a parking lot if, say, she went to the mall to buy a GoPro or something. Would the owner of a vehicle lend out their vehicle knowing that the borrower would have to leave the truck unlocked? Especially when the door key was available, and could have easily been given to the borrower along with the ignition key?

Typo? Cause that would change everything! [emoji15]

Um, yes I agree. Because 2:03 PM is not considered "evening" in my book. So this would mean she was seen after 5/6PM on the 2nd and possibly in the morning on the 3rd??? Does LE know something the family doesn't (or hasn't told us yet)?

Um, yes I agree. Because 2:03 PM is not considered "evening" in my book. So this would mean she was seen after 5/6PM on the 2nd and possibly in the morning on the 3rd??? Does LE know something the family doesn't (or hasn't told us yet)?

Did she text anyone the evening of the 2nd? Maybe that's what LE is going on, because she wasn't actually "seen" the morning of the 3rd either...not that we are aware of anyway. I think it's a mis-statement.

What is troubling me this morning:

The family have effectively shut down all other voices for AJ. With all the posts about not interfering, just post flyers and don't set up extra pages, there is only WH publicly speaking about her. In the beginning we heard from friends and mom, too. What if she did leave on her own? What kind of impression does it make when your friends and mom can't be bothered to get in front of the camera to plead for you (from the point of view of a hurting teenager)? She may not currently have access to SM to see her page and all the response. She may only hear what is in MSM, and that isn't much. No, AJ we love you and miss you, aren't the same without you. Not as the focus of the message. Just an afterthought.

If you didn't know what happened to your loved one, wouldn't you continue to hope they just left on their own and make appeals accordingly, even as other avenues are pursued?

Still stuck on the "door key" comment (sorry, details matter, and this one has me seriously confused). I actually woke up this morning thinking about it, rolled over in bed, and randomly queried Hubby. "Hey, is there ANY scenario in which you would need 2 separate keys to a vehicle, one to open the door and one to start the ignition?". After looking at me like I'd grown an extra eye, he replied, "Well, if the truck was stolen at some point, I guess so. Or if it had maybe been in an accident and the door was replaced? Or....ummm....if at some point the ignition was replaced?".

Hmmmm. Okay, so this morning I go back to the transcript. WH is a word salad artiste, but he certainly SEEMS to be connecting both keys to the truck. Maybe he's NOT talking about the house key like I assumed. Maybe he's saying exactly what he appears to be saying, that he left the ignition key in the mailbox but not the key to unlock the truck door.

I felt like he was saying he left the truck key in the mailbox and then ~in his mind as he was saying it~ considered that people would wonder if he left a "set" of keys to include a house key. So he clumsily made that leap: I left the key in the mail box, to the ignition, not the door (house).

If he left us thinking he left a " set" of keys in the mailbox we would wonder if someone saw him do that and used the keys to enter the house.

That's just how I read it though. Word salad is no understatement! And he had the questions before the interview so you would think he could have put together a pretty coherent picture of the "facts".

I felt like he was saying he left the truck key in the mailbox and then ~in his mind as he was saying it~ considered that people would wonder if he left a "set" of keys to include a house key. So he clumsily made that leap: I left the key in the mail box, to the ignition, not the door (house).

If he left us thinking he left a " set" of keys in the mailbox we would wonder if someone saw him do that and used the keys to enter the house.

That's just how I read it though. Word salad is no understatement! And he had the questions before the interview so you would think he could have put together a pretty coherent picture of the "facts".

That's a very reasonable assumption to make, Bitter. Thanks.

If a search warrant were executed would that not be public information? In HG case the media was all over the warrants ASAP.
Good question. IANAL! But just did a little googling and my understanding is that noncriminal records are available under FOIA, like a missing person report. But records related to a criminal investigation, like search warrants, can be withheld.

From Norfolk's government website, FOIA request process:

http://www.norfolk.gov/index.aspx?NID=901

Note they have no obligation to provide records to non-media, out of state requests (or I would do one!). But anyone who is a resident of the Commonwealth, not just the City of Norfolk, can request.

I looked only the lowest modle avalible for pick today withing 50 miles. If I were buying electroinics I would go to Best Buy the closest one is
217 Independence Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462

I was thinking about buying bleach, tarps, plastic bins, shovels, not accusing WH at all. It could be anyone that she knows. LE probably has a better time line then we do.

We seen so many people buying these items after a crime was committed in surveillance camera.

Just throwing it out there.

Here is the latest comment from NPD on FB:
Norfolk Police are continuing the search for missing teenager Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is continuing. We have not ruled out any possibilities, and we are pursuing all leads. We ask that anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
BBM

Their previous March 10 statement said:
Norfolk Police are continuing the search for missing teenager Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding her disappearance is continuing and anyone with information, or who has seen her since March 2, 2015, should call Norfolk Police Detectives at 757-664-7026 or the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

https://www.facebook.com/NorfolkPD/...4500282592437/882663048442821/?type=1&theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288